Community The Big Question: Should We Go Back to Blocktopia?

Should we rebrand back to Blocktopia?

• Yes

Votes: 38 77.6%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 10 20.4%

• Total voters

Hex

Keyboard & Tech Content Creator
Community Admin
Donor
Creative Staff
Reaction score
Website
hexical.me
RebrandPollBanner.png

Details
After discussing between our administrator team, we have decided to ask the community how they feel on going back to the name Blocktopia for our community. We also brought this up to controllers, and the general consensus was a yes, but we also want to ask the community on how they feel. We already currently own the correct domain to make this process possible as a safeguard, but it does not mean we have a solid decision.

Why?
The thing about the name EscapeRestart is it is essentially synonymous with our failed rebrand and expansion into other games. While the name isn't exactly a bad name, it's definitely one that has some controversy tied around it.

Not only that, but since we are planning on sticking to Minecraft the name "EscapeRestart" just doesn't make too much sense, as it has no relations to Minecraft in anyway. Another thing I noticed is that many old players think we just died off instead of rebranded, we also have deep ties to Blocktopia and still do and might help old players recognize the server they loved once again.

When?
We don't have a solid date on anything, but this poll will be active for about a week before we go through with a decision and start changing things over. We want to monitor how people feel about the situation and gather enough information via the poll.

End Notes
If you at all want to further discuss this, feel free to join our Discord or leave a reply below! We want all the feedback we can get, so anything is appreciated!

OgroovysamO

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Can't find my original comments when the name change was being voted on as I think the thread has been deleted. But here's a more recent one: https://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/so-i-guess-er-is-finally-dead.21490/#post-455705

Basically, changing the name was business suicide and a really, really silly idea from the outset. Blocktopia wasn't nearly big enough to survive a rebrand and any legacy members that may drop in were instantly lost by changing the community name. I mean, the name "Blocktopia" doesn't even specifically connote Minecraft, it could so easily be an umbrella name for a community of people playing a variety of games. I don't really have a horse in this race, I drop in from time to time to see what's going on - but for real, if you want to make this place more accessible to legacy players, or even people who vaguely remember the old branding from 10+ years ago, then go back to the old name.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Baker93 and Love