The Bastard Game: Day 5

G

Guest35486

hey i'll write a post when i get out of class (in like 8 hours) but in the mean time have the vote

vote ltin

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
[xtable=skin1|450x355]
{tbody}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}NAME OF PLAYER{/td}
{td=217x14}NAME OF ROLE{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}1. Aqua{/td}
{td=217x14}Danni122112{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}2. Iggish{/td}
{td=217x14}Iggish{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}3. Infected_Alien8_{/td}
{td=217x14}Ltin{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}4. Vatumok{/td}
{td=217x14}?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}5. Ooglie 101{/td}
{td=217x14}?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x15}
{td=217x15}6. hipman500{/td}
{td=217x15}Aqua{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}7. Nottykitten{/td}
{td=217x14}Fog{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}8. TheWeakGuy48_{/td}
{td=217x14}Infected_Alien8_{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}9. Unusual_dood{/td}
{td=217x14}HKCaper{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}10. Dess{/td}
{td=217x14}Ooglie101{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}11. Arelic{/td}
{td=217x14}?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}12. Fog{/td}
{td=217x14}TheWeakGuuy48_{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}13. Danni122112{/td}
{td=217x14}One One two{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}14. One one two{/td}
{td=217x14}NOT DANNI122112{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}15. Runemen4{/td}
{td=217x14}Dess{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}16. Oak63{/td}
{td=217x14}?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}17. HarmakAnna/Jivvi{/td}
{td=217x14}Nottykitten{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}18. Notme{/td}
{td=217x14}?{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}19. HkCaper{/td}
{td=217x14}Arelic{/td}
{/tr}
{tr=@x14}
{td=217x14}20. Ltin.{/td}
{td=217x14}hipman500{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Formatting explanation: Dead Deadtownsided etc...

Unusual dude now dead and green.

That leaves 10 players left in the game, of those we probably got 3 Mafia, at least one serial killar, and around 6 villagers.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
not serial killer, third party****

Also, is anyone else's typing super fucked up un this thread? It takes literally 10 seconds for my text to appear here, after I type ie, and its in general so laggy :/
virus?
Very yes.

I bet your antivirus slipped.
Scan your computer and reinstall your browser maybe?

G

Guest35486

Well what I meant was that you seemed to believe that Jivvi's list could be true for some people, even though it wasn't for you - but I think you're trying to say that you didn't think he was rating them with any signals in mind and that you just thought it was likely he randomly got a mafia member on that list?

Also what do you mean that you think my theory had credibility yet didn't think Jivvi's list meant anything? My theory was that Jivvi's list meant something, so those two sentences can't both be true, unless I'm misunderstanding you? Why would Jivvi's list have contributed to you thinking I was right about ltin/oak, even though you thought the list was wrong?
I probably explained this badly. I meant that the combination of your theories would have hit at least one mafia. Even though it's based on Jivvi's "signals," it also took other factors into consideration. While the list may not hold true, it's likely that at least one is on the list. Though I realize this is becoming increasingly difficult for me to argue at this point because of Ltin's death and Oak's inactiveness. (yay)

Okay but the posts he rated made no sense to disagree with other than disagreeing with the suspicion of certain people - why would he disagree with suspicion on certain people, without giving any reasoning ever, limiting his opti0ns for who he could deflect suspicion onto to save his own skin? I just don't see how it could have been just random or him not wanting to signal me (either to trick me or to tell me the truth).
Personally I've never used ratings to signal people so frankly I'm a bit scared that I've accidentally done something stupid in previous games. I simply thought Jivvi rated disagree on certain posts to make it seem like he's still active in the game and engaging with other players.

Personally I'd like to push Arelic to claim or die, especially after her reactions to us lynching ltin yesterday.
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here, but sure I'll claim. I'm Vatumok, the Town Traveller. Once a game I can leave town to avoid night actions. I chose to do so on night 2 since I was afraid of the name mechanic causing me to die. I realize this kinda makes me useless at this point but well here's the claim I guess.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to here, but sure I'll claim. I'm Vatumok, the Town Traveller. Once a game I can leave town to avoid night actions. I chose to do so on night 2 since I was afraid of the name mechanic causing me to die. I realize this kinda makes me useless at this point but well here's the claim I guess.
Wait what do you mean you were afraid of the name mechanic causing you to die? Why did you choose night 2 exactly?

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
Personally I've never used ratings to signal people so frankly I'm a bit scared that I've accidentally done something stupid in previous games. I simply thought Jivvi rated disagree on certain posts to make it seem like he's still active in the game and engaging with other players.
I agree, most of my ratings are meme related.

although, that being said, i find it odd that jivvi would just vote disagree on the posts where inffy raises suspicion on three specific players. Like, alright if you really disagree with points being made, ofc leave a disagree, but this just seem off imo. Combine that with the fact that jivvi was in the night chat, we have 0 reason to believe inffy lied about what went down, and jivvi/Ltin flipping mafia, it just all points in the direciton of you and oak. also, im not sure about this, but it could be possible that this 'strat' of jivvi is one of the reasons oak is inactive (correct me if im wrong!).

I'm Vatumok, the Town Traveller.
Alright sounds like a role that could be legit. Then again, you had an awful lot of time to come up with shit, incase you are mafia.

I chose to do so on night 2 since I was afraid of the name mechanic causing me to die.
why didnt you do it night 1? surely you would have had a bigger chance getting hit at random night 1 (seeing how the mechanic wasnt very clear yet)?

I realize this kinda makes me useless at this point but well here's the claim I guess.
no offense, but yes, a bit too useless. okay you manage to avoid everything 1 night, which is kinda like you are a 1-shot doctor, but can only prot yourself. kinda weak. it's something i guess.

im not sure, but this claim feels off.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
some more posts from me yay

the thread is really quiet. alright, i havent been active either this day, but still. kinda ever since we decided to go for Ltin yesterday, the thread has just sorta been tunneling towards arelic/oak/ltin. yes, I too find it likely they are mafia, hence i'm prob one of the people contributing to the 'tunneling', but rn its really easy for any possible remaining scum to lay low. i feel some people are just lurking, watching us lynch inffy's hitlist, and staying underneath the radar. what you guys think?

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
i guess, just saying upon we dont forget

ofc if oak /arelic also flips mafia, jivvi is bad, and its very likely inffy's hitlist is 100% on point

worst case scenario, could we afford 1 misslynch?
Probably, especially on a useless role like Arelic's

The claim itself isn't unbelievable in my opinion - if we have town neighbors (which are kinda useless) then I can see us having a commuter role, even if it isn't exactly useful as a role.

However, I could also see this claim as being fake since when you type 'mafia roles' into google, this role is on the first list that comes up, so I could totally see Arelic just googling for mafia roles, clicking on the mafia wiki, scrolling down to town roles and choosing this. In fact that website is the only time I've ever heard or seen a role like this - I've never actually seen this role in play, I only know about it because I searched 'mafia roles' when I was making a setup once. I'm not saying this is why I don't believe Arelic's claim, since Ender could easily have googled 'mafia roles' and found it there, or even knew about it already, or made it himself. I'm just saying, for those of you who might be thinking "hm I doubt Arelic would have created this role herself so it seems kinda legit", it would seem pretty easy for her to find this and use it.

The reason I'm still wanting to lynch Arelic is because she's seemed scummy to me this entire game. Her reasons for thinking some people on the list were mafia but she wasn't, don't make 100% sense to me, and so I think in reality she said that because she wanted to prepare for when ltin and maybe oak flipped mafia, to act like she wasn't defending them, but also as a defense for herself.

Her reactions yesterday were also scummy to me. She seemed to believe the 'hipman500 is innocent' thing, and tried to advocate for it being legit, despite Ltin's extremely scummy claim that made it about 99% sure he was Mafia, and that felt like an attempt at saving her Mafia buddy.

And when it comes down to it, as always, we're going to need to lynch someone today and that person will be the person who is most likely to be scum, and with Arelic's suspiciousness, combined with Jivvi's list and Ltin's alignment, I just don't see how we could justify lynching anyone else this game - especially considering how useless Arelic's role is. If we mislynch and prove the list wrong, at least it will be on that role, and I'm hesitant to get Oak to claim just in case the list isn't spot on and Oak is a powerful role.

So I'm still wanting to lynch Arelic today. I'd like a response about why you Arelic chose to use your ability night 2, as well please, since maybe I'm misunderstanding you but that decision doesn't add up to me either, which further makes me doubt your claim and the only other possibility I see is that you can use this ability more than once but are lying so that you might be targeted by Mafia and can escape it and lose them a kill, but for the reasons above, I doubt that.

Unvote
Vote Arelic

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
the only other possibility I see is that you can use this ability more than once but are lying so that you might be targeted by Mafia and can escape it and lose them a kill, but for the reasons above, I doubt that.
Plus the scenario in which Mafia would surely target you of all people would be unlikely since your role is so useless to them and there are other more useful PR's alive - they'd be trying to get the doctor first, and then pick off others in case there's still other investigative roles etc. Which is another reason why I doubt you can use it more than once and are lying or something. It wouldn't actually do much.

G

Guest35486

Wait what do you mean you were afraid of the name mechanic causing you to die? Why did you choose night 2 exactly?
why didnt you do it night 1? surely you would have had a bigger chance getting hit at random night 1 (seeing how the mechanic wasnt very clear yet)?
Both Vatumok and I were on Inffy's list. A vigilante could very easily decide to target one of the people on the list to see if it's correct, especially with it being early in the game. That gives me a 1/2 chance to be targeted that night. (#flashbacks to last game when the vigilante killed me last game)

The reason I'm still wanting to lynch Arelic is because she's seemed scummy to me this entire game. Her reasons for thinking some people on the list were mafia but she wasn't, don't make 100% sense to me, and so I think in reality she said that because she wanted to prepare for when ltin and maybe oak flipped mafia, to act like she wasn't defending them, but also as a defense for herself.
I didn't write that post to defend myself, but just to keep an open mind in case other people on the list aren't mafia. I wouldn't want to lynch town just because the next person turned out to be mafia. If you're saying that I seem scummy this game, you should know that I play carefully in deciding who's mafia or who to lynch.

Her reactions yesterday were also scummy to me. She seemed to believe the 'hipman500 is innocent' thing, and tried to advocate for it being legit, despite Ltin's extremely scummy claim that made it about 99% sure he was Mafia, and that felt like an attempt at saving her Mafia buddy.
That isn't what I said at all.

I said that it's possible that the message isn't from a player, but I didn't say it's credible. (I brought up an example of a randomized pool of players/statements for the host to use, bastard setup and all) I also said that if it's a message from a PR, they likely won't have any investigative powers, so it would be inaccurate anyway.

Plus the scenario in which Mafia would surely target you of all people would be unlikely since your role is so useless to them and there are other more useful PR's alive - they'd be trying to get the doctor first, and then pick off others in case there's still other investigative roles etc. Which is another reason why I doubt you can use it more than once and are lying or something. It wouldn't actually do much.
If I were mafia, I would leave myself alive for raising suspicions so that I can be used to distract others from the actual mafia. My main concern was other PRs/3rd party.

Anyway,
worst case scenario, could we afford 1 misslynch?
We can probably afford one since we've lynched two mafia already. Like I said, my role is pretty much useless right now and if you feel that this is the right decision, go ahead. We haven't really learned anything new beyond Inffy's list. I tried to explain my reasonings with my posts but if you think Inffy's list is worth trying out, I don't have any more to say other than to restate/clarify my points.