The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I mean the obvious answer to that is (although this could be seen as meta play).

Ender pulled this game out of his arse; whilst also naming everyone after players in the game which he only found out a few days before starting it.

If there was some underlying meaning to this it would take way longer to design this game than the few days (and by that probably the 10 minutes) ender put into making it.
No... it wouldn't. It's entirely likely that he decided that, when everyone had signed up, everyone would be given a different name and actions would be directed onto them instead. That doesn't take more than 10 seconds to sort out.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't like this post. It's a pointless run-on that reads as if it was intended to be cute, as well as an internal dialogue conjecturing on who has what role for bad reasons.
This is just foggy being foggy, while I agree with you, and I stated verly clearly in my post I did not want stupid posts in D1 to try and keep things clear, I dont think we can read much from it sadly.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
The way it could help town, is that if anyone has a name they wont reveal, or has a name different to the game players, we will see them, and they will b eheavily supicious, mafia might not want to claim their names per se. There will be someoen claiming last, and there will most likely be double claims if names mean anything.

If they dont, we lost nothing, and cleared up some confusion.

Stop being so panicky about knowing names only benefit mafia, there is an equal chance for it to benefit us, and with the way we claim I would say its larger.
You're assuming that mafia don't have names themselves though, which is a weird assumption to make. If everyone has a name, mafia don't need to lie, and claiming names hurts us.

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Danni122112 - serial killer.
Alrighty, to throw any supicion of myself, I am a third party role with the name One One Two.
My win condition does not conflict with either mafia nor Town, it does not stop your victories, nor does it reveal or hurt/kill any of you.

I wont reveal my win condition for now, because I want to win
What wincondition (and potential role) are we talking about here :thinking:

Reactions: Unusual_Dood

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
I'd just like to announce although I voted for him earlier to potentially get a response (sadly I did not) that I'm hugely suspicious of Ltin. He's acting incredibly floaty kind of just drifting a long chipping in here and there without actually really adding much.

Also his whole "woah I didn't think people were actually gonna lynch inf *removes vote*" right at the start when there was no real risk of an inf lynch at all.

He's done this whole trying super hard to look townie and make sure there isn't a mislynch thing before as mafia (iirc) so yeah can we spotlight him instead of trying to come up with convoluted theories

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
If I have understood your theory right, that if a player A has the name of "player B", player B would be take all actions on player A, I will let you know what would happen.

Let's take an example:

We have 3 players: Player A who is "B", Player B who is "C" and Player C who is "A". If then player A for whatever reason is targetted by lets say a vigilante at night, and player B dies instead, player C will NEVER get any actions towards him.

That's why I think this isn't a thing.
From what you "understood" of inffys theory, my only ability denies this.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If I have understood your theory right, that if a player A has the name of "player B", player B would be take all actions on player A, I will let you know what would happen.

Let's take an example:

We have 3 players: Player A who is "B", Player B who is "C" and Player C who is "A". If then player A for whatever reason is targetted by lets say a vigilante at night, and player B dies instead, player C will NEVER get any actions towards him.

That's why I think this isn't a thing.
I'm confused as to what you mean, can you elaborate?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aqua

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'd just like to announce although I voted for him earlier to potentially get a response (sadly I did not) that I'm hugely suspicious of Ltin. He's acting incredibly floaty kind of just drifting a long chipping in here and there without actually really adding much.

Also his whole "woah I didn't think people were actually gonna lynch inf *removes vote*" right at the start when there was no real risk of an inf lynch at all.

He's done this whole trying super hard to look townie and make sure there isn't a mislynch thing before as mafia (iirc) so yeah can we spotlight him instead of trying to come up with convoluted theories
I'm pretty sure people say this stuff about me every game lol

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
You're assuming that mafia don't have names themselves though, which is a weird assumption to make. If everyone has a name, mafia don't need to lie, and claiming names hurts us.
I am assuming that if names mean anything, mafias names could be clues.
I am assuming that if someone does not have a name that is similar to the others, It will mean something.
I am assuming that if mafia has roles that will benefit from nowing role names, so will village, or third party town sided vigilanties, who the fuck knows.
I do not see that names will be a mecanic that only benefits mafia.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score

I agree, ltin is my #1 suspect atm

• Optimistic

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I am assuming that if names mean anything, mafias names could be clues.
I am assuming that if someone does not have a name that is similar to the others, It will mean something.
I am assuming that if mafia has roles that will benefit from nowing role names, so will village, or third party town sided vigilanties, who the fuck knows.
I do not see that names will be a mecanic that only benefits mafia.
If we've been given names I'm pretty sure everyone was just rng assigned someone else's name in this game and that it will not have clues as to allignment, and noone will claim a name not in this game.

• Optimistic

One one two

Per aspera ad astra
Donor
Reaction score
Is it typical not to lynch 3rd parties here? Where I'm from there's no way an outed non-town player avoids the noose. He could easily be lying about his wincon. It's safest to assume he's hostile.

Vote Danni122112

Aqua

Does anybody remember laughter?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Website
tehurn.com
Is it typical not to lynch 3rd parties here? Where I'm from there's no way an outed non-town player avoids the noose. He could easily be lying about his wincon. It's safest to assume he's hostile.

Vote Danni122112
Idk it feels like too much of a risky strategy to out himself already if he was dangerous. We can lynch him at any time remember, better to go for a potential maf like inf or Ltin now.

• Agree
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Fog

Mafia Host
Reaction score
This is just foggy being foggy, while I agree with you, and I stated verly clearly in my post I did not want stupid posts in D1 to try and keep things clear, I dont think we can read much from it sadly.
just thought i would add the fact that you made your post after this was posted soooooooooo

Reactions: Danni122112