The Bastard Game: Day 5

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Both Vatumok and I were on Inffy's list. A vigilante could very easily decide to target one of the people on the list to see if it's correct, especially with it being early in the game. That gives me a 1/2 chance to be targeted that night. (#flashbacks to last game when the vigilante killed me last game)
But oak and ltin were also on the list and I took Vat off it so it wasn't 50/50 you'd be killed

I didn't write that post to defend myself, but just to keep an open mind in case other people on the list aren't mafia. I wouldn't want to lynch town just because the next person turned out to be mafia.

But you said you found it likely that some people on the list were Mafia but not you. I don't see that as a "it's possible others like me on that list are town", it was more of a "well it's probably going to turn out accurate for some people (even though yiu can't justify why yiu said this in a way that makes sense to me) but it's not accurate for me!" Your reason for finding it likely that others on the list was accurate just seems fabricated and messy. You said something about statistics making it likely, even though that's not true, and you said that due to jivvis list as well as them being inactive it seemed likely one of them would be Mafia, even though to you jivvis list was inaccurate so that couldn't surely contribute to you thinking someone else on that list is. Idk, maybe I'm just getting my head wrapped round your points but they just don't make 100% sense to me which makes me think you made it up

That isn't what I said at all.

I said that it's possible that the message isn't from a player, but I didn't say it's credible. (I brought up an example of a randomized pool of players/statements for the host to use, bastard setup and all) I also said that if it's a message from a PR, they likely won't have any investigative powers, so it would be inaccurate anyway.
Yeah you were suggesting that it was maybe not made by a player right as we were trying to wait for the person who wrote it to out and defend ltin, almost like you knew no one would come forward so wanted to try to give a reason for why that might be, and why ltin might still be innocent, using an idea of a mechanic that just seemed like an idea forced into creation to defend ltin because it seemed so unlikely to be true (that a random investigation can appear public to us or something). This is all just my interpretation of your actions obviously and you can say you were just trying to play it safe and question things but everyone else, pretty sure, at that point in the game were about 99% sure that ltin was scum after his extremely suspicious claim of a role that jivvi just so happened to say was a Mafia role, but you were still resistant, still working on finding alternative possibilities. Maybe you're just a really really careful town this game but I lean towards you being Mafia

If I were mafia, I would leave myself alive for raising suspicions so that I can be used to distract others from the actual mafia. My main concern was other PRs/3rd party..
Wait so are you saying you can use it more than once then?

Anyway,

We can probably afford one since we've lynched two mafia already. Like I said, my role is pretty much useless right now and if you feel that this is the right decision, go ahead. We haven't really learned anything new beyond Inffy's list. I tried to explain my reasonings with my posts but if you think Inffy's list is worth trying out, I don't have any more to say other than to restate/clarify my points.
Who would you want to lynch if we didn't lynch you?

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
yeah i'll make this quick and maybe fill in the details later when i have the time

Arelic has been lynched! She was Vatumok, the Mafia Illusionist.

May visit two players every night to switch them for all investigative roles for that night.

Wins when living Mafia members make up half or more of the living players or nothing can prevent that from happening.

Is Night 4 now, power roles pls gib actions, deadline is Monday, 12 March, 8 PM GMT.

Enderfive

sarcasm incarnate
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Night 4 is over!

Danni122112 has been killed! He was One one two, the Third Party Mimic.

May choose one player every night. If that player dies during that night, the Mimic assumes their role.

Has no win condition. To gain a win condition, must assume someone else's role

It is now Day 4. With 8 players alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch and 4 votes to No Lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, 20 March, 8 PM GMT.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
well i dont have much time, i gotta leave in a bit, but let me say this

f danni, then again he was a third party soooo i dunno how i feel

also (more important)

I was in the inn with moog and Oak last night, and inffy asked oak to claim to oog and I, which Oak did:

so basically he claimed town veteran. what he described was prtty much exactly the role you find when you google town veteran (the town of salem version). he gets to use his power 3 times, he said he used his it on n1 and n2. his power is: he can choose to go on patrol, if he is on patrol anyone who visits him dies. (oog can confirm, or correct me if i made a mistake)

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
1 kill so either doctor hit right target (id assume they saved the mafia's kill target since i can only really see SK wanting to kill another third party) or mafia was trying to convince us that they were completely wiped out but i find that extremely unlikely

-inn stuff that i just had to COMPLETELY REMOVE SINCE HK NINJAD ME-

• Winner
Reactions: Notme and HKCaper

Mooglie

The Local Cow
Reaction score
also i feel like iggy is serial killer simply due to him having the same role name as his actual name but then again that seems like a pretty obvious way to catch the serial killer out

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
May choose one player every night. If that player dies during that night, the Mimic assumes their role.

Has no win condition. To gain a win condition, must assume someone else's role
Wow so he was telling the truth about the whole "I only take their role if they die on that night" thing, sucks to be him

Oak's claim is not believable at all imo, for one it's extremely unbalanced to be able to kill anyone who visits you at night not once but THREE times, that'd potentially lead to way too much death and it doesn't make sense to me

Also his playstyle this game does not at ALL reflect that of a veteran. He'd want scum to visit him and town roles to not, but instead he's literally been silent and probably been the most scummy person ever, naturally he'd draw in cops and investigative and then he'd accidentally kill them and mafia wouldn't want him dead if he's so suspicious since he'd act as an easy mislynch so I don't know why he decided to play this way if he was veteran so yeah I don't believe it one bit

Personally I think notme, one one two or vat are the serial killers but tomorrow we should just get everyone to claim and lynch the least believable ones

vote Oak Milk

• Agree
Reactions: Notme and HKCaper