• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

The Afterstory : A Post Apocalyptic Roleplay [Free-To-Join]

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
[I EDITED MY POST SO THAT STUFF MAKES SENSE WITH THE FRONT GATE AND THE FORT AND THINGS LIKE THAT. TELL ME IF Y' SEE SOMETHIN' WRONG.]
[Okay, done with caps for today. Hopefully.]

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
Ray approached the mysterious girl that arrived near Haven's gate.
It looked like she desperately needed refuge.
"Hey! Welcome to Haven! Your name please?" Ray greeted.

M

midnightgirl24

She looked at the man, studying him cautiously. She didn't know if she could trust him, so she slides her hand into her pocket, gripping the handle of her small knife. She sighed deeply.

"I will be honest with you. I don't have a name."

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Ray was astounded.
It's rare to find someone without their memories intact.
"...well, we'll need to call you something." Ray replied.

The sun has set.
The sky was pitch black now.
The towers turned on their torches.
Light shone around Haven.

M

midnightgirl24

She stared at the ground, completely unsure about her name. She rose to her feet, feeling fatigue and dizziness wash over her.

"I'm sorry, but I may need some time before I can find myself a name."

She looked up at the town the man called Haven. It was brightly lit by torches. She was amazed that the town looked the way it did. She always imagined that towns would be very small and unprotected during this time.

"This place looks amazing. I didn't expect to find a town at all. How did they manage to make this?"

DarthLego5679

That n00b.
Reaction score
Website
store.steampowered.com
"Welp. Better get climbing" the man rumbled.
He trudged upwards, pulling himself up places where it was nearly impassable, and leaping gaps that dropped away for thousands of feet even though they were only a few yards wide.

He finally reached the top and could see where he had wound up. He looked over a huge wasteland..

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"Eh... You'd better ask that to our leader. He was the one who remembers all of that." Ray replied.
"Anyways, you should go in and talk to the secretary in the town hall to set you up here. Also i need to go somewhere as of now." Ray added.

Ray asks Mecra to open the door again. The usual creaking sound was produced as the door swung open. Ray began to walk to the infirmary to look for Mecra. He wasn't here.

Where the hell did he go?

M

midnightgirl24

She slowly walks into the town, looking around, taking in the sights. She really couldn't believe that this kind of town would exist.

This place is so amazing.

She suddenly noticed that her vision was faltering slightly.

Must be the dehydration.

She walked to the town hall, taking in the sights along the way. She walks up to the what she believes is the secretary at the desk in the room. The woman seemed to be very busy with something.

"Can I help you?" she asked, not looking up at her.

"Um, yes. A man sent me here. He told me to talk to you about living here," the girl replied.

"Um, yes, well. You'll have to work for Haven if you wish to stay. You could do chores or go out on missions with other members of Haven." the secretary said, continuing with her work.

"That's fine. I could do chores around here if that's alright."

The woman glanced at her, but for only a second.

"Yes. That will be perfectly fine. Right now. Go get you some food. You look like you haven't had a meal in a while." she said.

'Thank you so much ma'am," the girl replied as she headed to the door.

She walked outside, taking in the breeze of the night. She walked over to what she believed, is the Mess Hall. She opened the door slowly, and stepped in.

Before anything. I should sit. I feel really dizzy.

She found the nearest seat and plopped down onto it. It wasn't the most comfortable seat, but it would do. She shut her eyes and tried to relax for a moment or so.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"Eh... You'd better ask that to our leader. He was the one who remembers all of that." Ray replied.
"Anyways, you should go in and talk to the secretary in the town hall to set you up here. Also i need to go somewhere as of now." Ray added.

Ray asks Mecra to open the door again. The usual creaking sound was produced as the door swung open. Ray began to walk to the infirmary to look for Mecra. He found him.

"Mecra, so, how's your friend?"
[I'm not in the infirmary or near it]

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
[Finally! It's night! Sorry for getting way to ahead but atm im trudging through open wasteland from a forest, my foot got shot. Better check my posts near the beginning for the rest xD]

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
[I haven't gotten any alerts from this thread and have missed as it seems, about 5 or so page of dialogue. ;-;
Oh well, I'll start reading from where I remember and post again, as I was waiting for a change from day to night too. Seeing my previous posts, I'm wandering in the direction of either Haven or Harmak... or someplace entirely different!... I don't remember. x/]

Specter2k11

Reaction score
[Protip : Click "Watch Thread". Also, please use our nem fully setted up #TheAfterstory IRC channel incase you need to contact a fellow RP player without the delays of the forum PMs. And also, please be AFK in it for convenience of contacting. And lastly, radman, get the hell into out IRC channel and look up for either my name or Defiant_Blob. That is all.]

M

midnightgirl24

As she sat there resting, thoughts ran through her mind.

Will they accept me? Will my arrival cause trouble? What was that guy's name? God, I'm so worried about being here. I don't want to mess up things for other people. They have been here longer than me.

She couldn't help but sigh in frustration. She always worries about things.

"I should've asked that guy his name," she muttered under her breath.

She opened her eyes slowly, only to continue to feel dizzy.

I should wait a little longer before I get up.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
... Maybe he's in the mess hall. Plus, i am HUNGRY as hell.

Ray went out of the infirmary, walking to the Mess Hall. Apparently EVERYONE was hungry. Ray searched Mecra there, but to no avail.
He sighed.
Ray grabs an empty plate while eyeballing for a seat.

Hey! There's an empty sea-
... It's that girl again. And it seems that she's not feeling so good. Maybe some food will pep her up.

Ray then proceeds to grab another empty plate.
He waits in line to get a plate of half-a-can spinach.

"Heya Ray! Here's some spi- Whoa. TWO plates Ray? You have GOT to be kidding me. We rationed this for a reason!" The Chef said to me as he grabs both of Ray's plates.
"...It's for someone. She's not looking to good." Ray replied as he gave the plates.
"...OOOOOH. Lil' Ray finally got himself a girl eh? Haha!" The Chef joked.
Ray blushed.
"OOH EH.. NO. NOTHING LIKE THAT. She's new here. And she's not feeling so good by the looks of it. THAT'S ALL." Ray nervously said to The Chef.
"Heh. I'm just joking. Lighten up will ya? Here. Give these to her."

The chef gave Ray both plates filled with a green-like substance. It does NOT look good. Well that's what happens when you depend on canned food. He then sat next to the girl.

"...Hey uh... Here. Some food."

• Winner
Reactions: DarthLego5679

Sploorky

Reaction score
[ERMAGERD I'M POSTING]

Holden stares blankly for a moment, then shakes his head. Was that just an illusion, was his sanity finally going? He takes out the water and drinks the last bit he had, hoping that he will suddenly clear his mind. It didn't. He continues to make a shelter and think. "I could head in the direction she went. This is assuming she is actually real. Or...walk another way. There must be more then this. There MUST be civilization, there MUST be anything but this sand, there MUST be people. There must be..."

Holden screams with anger, insanity, and a mix of other emotions. Abandoning his half made shelter, he runs in the direction of that mirage. Maybe it's a message from the heavens. Maybe it will lead me to safety. Hell, maybe I've just lost it.