• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

The Afterstory : A Post Apocalyptic Roleplay [Free-To-Join]

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
Too tired and blind with pain Mitchel can no longer read the map. He limps along in the general direction. He comes out of the dead forest. Into a wasteland. Where am I?The pain becomes too great, he falls to the ground. "What the... Tracks? They must be the bandits" There is about 8 tracks but in the dark he may be wrong. I need medics, so I'll follow them! He gets up and continues with new hope[/i]

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
Meanwhile, after a few gunshots was heard, Ray walked up to the "Town Hall" to report about his mission to the leader, Leo.
Ray opens the town hall door, meeting leo's secretary.

"Ah! Ray, you're back. What's with the commotion out there? And did you succeed in the mission?" she asks.
Ray pulls out the seeds from his small bag. He hands the seeds to her.
"... Good Job, Ray. We deffinitely have a sure food source now." she responds.
"Oh and uh... About the commotion..." Ray adds. "Bandits tailed us when we were going back from Arcova. 9 of them, roughly."
"... Ray, we've already told you to not attract attention to the bandits. We want them to NOT know about this comunity." The secretary says, with a very dissapointed tone.
"... Oh, and we've got another guy joining in."
"Who?"
"The name's Mecra."
"Role?"
"Well, he's good with guns. He pretty much survived attacking bandits that comes around his home."
"Well, good to know we have some more muscles with us."
"Anyways, let me check up on Mecra. He's supposed to help Mark fend off the bandits that was chasing us."

Ray then leaves the town hall, going back to the main tower again.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Boom. Headshot. Mecra grins. The way Ray described these guys, you'd think they'd be a little better.As Mecra readies another shot, a bullet whizzes by Mecra's head, missing by a mere centimeter. About time that sniper showed himself.
"Mark, get down while I get that sniper."
I'd better get rid of him before he takes out any guards.
He zeroes in on the target and pulls the trigger. *boom*... What in the world?!
The sniper stood standing. It appeared the bullet had only made a dent in the sniper's skin, or rather, it's metal shell.
What is that?!
"Umm... Mark. Seems we've got a problem here."

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
I awoke to the sound of gunshots in the faint distance, breaking the strained silence.
My back ached from the hard floor, and it seemed it had grown considerably darker since they had sat and rested.
I picked myself up off the ground, the broken shovel still clenched tightly in my palm.
It was dim in the ruined building, and for a moment, I wasn't quite certain where I was.
Then it clicked, and I noticed the kid was missing... Everything was gone but his rusted pistol...

I grabbed it, turning it slightly in my other hand. It was well worn, but it had once been quite impressive. I stored it in a deep pocket at my side as I slipped into the warm, dusky air of the outside.
I didn't know where the kid had gone, and perhaps I didn't want to know...
Maybe it was for the best...

The wind blew ominously, and I felt a strange tugging in my gut....
I knew I couldn't turn back. There was nothing left. Not even the kid; one so fragile to survive in such a world, was gone...
With that... I ventured forth into the wasteland, following the sounds of bullets raining their piercing sounds into the sunset, hoping I had made a right decision...

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
"We'll get there tomorrow. We need to set up base in a cave. It looks like acid rain is coming, and it will be a really large storm."
The bandits took cover in a large indent in a hill. The time sweeper went to the small outcropping above the indent. The time sweeper jumped down and hid inside a dark place in the indent. When no one looked in his general direction, the feline drew his sword and decapitated one of the bandits. Before being noticed, he sheathed his sword and went back into the shadow, unseen.
"The fuck was that!?" shouted a bandit.
"We should probably get out of here!" yelled another.
"It's too late. Look outside." The acid rain started to drip down. In a matter of seconds, it was pouring. "We should find this thing and kill it. Now it's trapped with us and 5 against 1 makes it easier for us to kill it."
Ha, they think they can find me. They'll be lookin' right at me an' not realize it! They'll all be dead by daybreak! But what were they sayin' about a kid...? Maybe I'll find answers if I continue in the direction they went.

AotsFTW

Reaction score
His eyes opened wide, staring at the wall across from where he slept.

It had been a good sleep.

White Suit had awakened to hear the sound of faint gunfire. He slowly climbed out of his makeshift bed in his underwear and prepared to dress himself; first, he washed his face in the small puddle of water in the man's small shelter, hoping that it would rejuvenate him a bit better. The man afterwards got dressed in his completely white apparel. He went to grab a medium-sized canteen full of mucky water from the same puddle he had previously washed his face in.

The man went and grabbed his gear: a scoped hunting rifle, binoculars, a large backpack, and a knife in case he came across any animals that he could cook. He put most of the items in his backpack except for his rifle, which he had slung around his back. He exited his house and cleared the leafy area covering the entrance of his house, later covering it back up. He followed the sounds of the gunshots, leading the man to the hill he previously sat on; he begins to ascend...

M

midnightgirl24

The young girl looks around slightly as she is walking, starting to wonder when and if she would see anything, or anyone. She can't help but sigh.

"I feel like a fool. Who would be out here? Everyone would be in shelters or looking for food nearby it. It's not like they would be out in the middle of the Wasteland." she muttered under her breath.

She pulls up the hood from the remains of her jacket. She looks off to her right, only to see the sight of a person in the distance, but shakes her head.

"Probably a mirage."

She continues to walk the unknown path, but starts to realize she hasn't had any food or water in a while. She sighs again, knowing she has no idea on how to catch food, or even how to find water. She starts to slow her steps.

"I hope there is a town nearby. I really could use a better weapon than my knife, and some food wouldn't hurt."

She quickly picks up the pace and walks ahead, hoping that she will find anyone out in this dreary land.

Sploorky

Reaction score
He looks to his side, to see a person in the distance. His eyes widen, and the breath is taken from him. After all this time, could there be more people here? He stops and thinks.

"Probably a mirage."

In any case, he walks in the direction of the person, or at least, what he saw as a person. He would follow whoever or whatever this was, and do his best to stay out of sight. You really could never be too safe.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
The sweeper took them out one by one, going back in the shadows unnoticed after each kill.
Hah, I didn't think it would be this easy!
He had killed all of them but the leader of the band. The leader was too cautious to sleep. The time sweeper emerged from the shadow and sliced at his arms, preventing him from reaching for a weapon.
"Didn't think y'would find me, huh? Only you get to live long enough to know 'bout me. I killed all the others when their backs were turned. I thought it was time t' show ya who I actually am!" exclaimed the time sweeper.
"You... you're a cat! How the fuck did a cat kill all of us without us noticing!?" shocked, the captain tried to reach for a weapon, but pulled his arms back in pain each time he moved them.
"Cats can go unseen... can't they? Any last words before I take your life?"
"What's your name?"
"Y' really think I'll tell y' that? Shoulda chose your words better."
When he finished talking, he stabbed his sword into the man's chest, carved out a hole, and disemboweled him. He threw the heart of the man, still faintly beating, outside and listened to it sizzle in the acid rain.
Better t' not keep it. No use t' me or anyone else I might run into.
He looked through the group's backpacks and took out all the food and water he could find. He then sorted out what was edible and what wasn't. He moved it all to his backpack and used it to replace the human meat he got earlier.
Sure helps never bein' noticed...
The sweeper put on a slight frown as he began to nap through the rain.

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
[Edited Main Post. Hopefully i can make it more amazing when i get my computer back.]

[oh, and what do you guys think of an IRC channel (not permanent) for this? A designated IRC chat room in case we need to discuss this privately?]

• Agree
Reactions: HarmakAnna
M

midnightgirl24

[Edited Main Post. Hopefully i can make it more amazing when i get my computer back.]

[oh, and what do you guys think of an IRC channel (not permanent) for this? A designated IRC chat room in case we need to discuss this privately?]
[I think that would be cool]

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
[Totally may not be too active on this, but here's a little intro for my group of people.]
In an abandoned town of no name, a group of survivors dig through the remains, attempting to find some sort of comfort in the wasteland. There is a man, and two women. The man carries a large rifle on his back, as he rummages through the garbage, attempting to find something. One of the woman held two pistols, hidden in her back jeans pockets, as she looked around, making sure no one would sneak up on them. The other woman held a device, as she poked at its screen.

The man stood up, pushing onto his back, then letting out a sigh of disappointment.

"No good... I'd say this town's already been picked clean."

"Ugh... Damn. This place seemed like the perfect opportunity, with the houses in better condition than most..." The girl with two pistols looked up to the sky, then shook her head. She looked over to the girl with the device, who was still locked on the device. "So... What's the deal, Kira? Did you find anything, yet?"

Kira kept poking at the screen, moving things around, continuing to not pay attention to anything else.

"... Kira? Dammit, girl, you need to pay more attention!" She hit the back of her head, in which Kira stopped poking at the screen.

"Jeez, Keena, don't hit me so hard..." Kira started rubbing the back of her head, trying to ease the pain.

"Well, listen to what I'm saying, then!" She crossed her arms, looking a way.

The guy smiled, shaking his head. "You two never get along... Anyway, Kira, what's the status?"

"Oh, right!" She went back to her device, opening up a window on the screen. "It seems the area nearby is still deprived of any sort of danger, or at least, anyone with the knowledge to carry a weapon. But, there seems to be another town nearby, somewhat southwest from here, occupied by a group of people... But there's also another big group moving into the settlement. I can't say for sure if it's safe to head in that direction, so I say we scout elsewhere."

"I see... Well, hows about we keep heading west? If we happen to run into them, I'm sure we can handle ourselves."

Kira looked unsure. "I don't know, Ken... We've never had a run in with over five people before..."

Ken grabbed Kira by the neck with his shoulder. "Oh, don't be such a pessimist! If anything, we'll say we're friendly, and we'll just leave! Not everyone's a ruthless killer, you know!"

Kira struggled to get free, when Ken let her go. "Jeez, Ken... But, I guess you're right. Let's keep moving."

She stood up, starting to walk with Ken. Keena noticed they were moving on, so she caught up with them, as they traveled together toward the west, toward Haven.

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Even with the ever-growing darkness, the heat of the world still beat against my back, but I continued on.
And yet with every step I took, I grew more weary with lack of food... An empty pit in my stomach.
And with every passing moment, I felt eyes burrowing into my back- it was if I was being watched...
~Maybe it was the kid... Maybe he returned and came out looking for me...~
No... He was gone... And I was many a distance away from that cursed city-scape...
I looked across the horizons, perhaps I was right... But all I saw was the wasteland... brown and gray.

The sound of gunshots had ceased long ago, perhaps I had imagined it; mirages from my lack of food these past few days...
And a strange, purplish hue was hanging in the east, but I shrugged it off and continued down the desolate road...
My shovel dragging across the empty plains....
A dust cloud rising slowly behind me with each step...
And a hand clawed over my empty stomach: as if it was trying to preserve any nutrition left inside it...
~I'm going to die alone out here... arn't I?~

Thetogolopian

Reaction score
Zedd stretched his entire body. Looking in the direction of the almost noon-day sun he glared at his misfortune,

"Nothing again. No parts, no scraps, no nothing. And half my workday has been lost. Wish my alarm clock would still work..." He picked himself up off the ground and turned to his three bags. Each as blue as the shirt and pants he wore, that is to say not very blue at all any more, the backpacks held a veriety of numerous knick-knacks, bits and scraps of many different materials, mostly things that usually have no value. Zedd smiled,

"Maybe no value to them." He laughed at himself then. Over the course of this ordeal he had become used to being alone. But being used to being alone was different from being used to the quiet that had settled upon the Earth. Even walking seemed to have been made quieter. Talking to himself as he did reminded him that sound did still exist, and that was about the most comforting thing he could come up with at the moment.

"I really would like to find some new people though, that last bunch made me waste half of my countermeasures getting away. Tha-" He stopped and took a small notebook out of his left pocket. A quick glance reassured him that he had remember to right it down.

"Like mother always said... if it's important write it down! Oh mother... Glad you don't have to see any of this. Can you imagine it? Me... of all people surviving? I think you'd call me crazy and tell me to get inside before the sun got to my head any more than it already had. But enough of that time to move on! Forward march and all that." He shouldered all three backpacks and to the North he went. While heading toward whatever the next town was he liked to pass the time looking at his shadow and either singing, humming, whistling, clicking, clucking, snapping, rapping, tapping, or in any other way he could find, keep a tune going. Whether it be a song or beat if it was musical he did it. The time spent looking at his shadow was usually telling the time. Sometimes it was using it as a substitute for human interactment. He had become so good at telling time via his shadow that his guesses were give or take by a minute or two at the most.

"Heh, yes they ar- Oo what do we have here?" Ahead 3 people were moving West.

"Let's see," He held his binoculars up to his eyes and peered through.

"Looks to be a family... can't tell from here maybe hope they have some knick-knacks for trade. Better yet if they invite me into their party. Gotta get within shouting distance first." About 39 minutes later he looked in his binoculars again.

"Hmm rather disheartened look on the male's face, well hidden... the two females seem to fight a lot. Reminds me of my family... Here goes." Satisfied that the distance was comfortably safe he closed he took a deep breath and bellowed,

"HEEY! YOU FRIENDLY?"

Reactions: DKnucklehead
M

midnightgirl24

[Wow, never let your friend touch your forum account, or they may delete a post XD Luckily I still remember what I wrote lol]

She continues to keep walking, but starts to slow her pace with every step she took.

"What's the point? I may not even be walking the right way. I could very well be walking to my death. "

She stands there, looking ahead, contemplating whether or not she should continue on the path she chose. She sighs deeply, pulls her hood down, and runs her hand through her hair. She couldn't help but feel frustrated. She has no idea where she is going, or even if the path she is taking will lead to anything.

"Why must this be such a pain?"

She decides to just keep walking, but walks at a slow pace. She starts to feel the fatigue of walking for so long, but she knows that she must keep on walking if she wishes to live.

M

midnightgirl24

This person(mirage?) starts to slow their pace. The man speeds up a bit, getting closer. At this distance, he can see that it's a young girl he is following. He thinks to himself, "Probably wouldn't be a big threat." Just in case, the man takes out a small knife that he made out of animal bone. With a shout, he reveals himself. "WHY HELLO THERE!"
[Sorry for throwing it out of order XD]

Sploorky

Reaction score
[Sorry for throwing it out of order XD]
[Aha, it's fine. In fact, it's back in order now!]

This person(mirage?) starts to slow their pace. The man speeds up a bit, getting closer. At this distance, he can see that it's a young girl he is following. He thinks to himself, "Probably wouldn't be a big threat." Just in case, the man takes out a small knife that he made out of animal bone. With a shout, he reveals himself. "WHY HELLO THERE!"

DKnucklehead

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
The man watches as the downpour continues outside his cave. For every drop that lands, a small indentation is left behind, providing the ground with a almost scaly, textured appearance. The temperature has dropped quite rapidly, and it sets a chill on his skin. He looks down, and is reminded that the backpack still lies there and begins searching through it.

He first unzips smaller front pouch where he discovers a book of matches, some medical gauze tape, Carmex Lip Balm, and a small flashlight. He flips the switch on the flashlight, but no light is produced, and he assumes the batteries are dead. He decides to keep it just in case. Also in the front pouch are two knives, one being a small Swiss Army Knife with a variety of knife and tool sizes. The other knife is a large hunting knife. Giving it a quick spin, he determines that it is a high quality make, and places both knives in his pockets. A makeshift holster for the larger knife would be something he'd like to do at some point.

He finds a canteen of water, filled halfway up. This surprises him, as he assumed the previous owner of the bag died from dehydration, but if he had water available to him... He does an acidity test on the water, and the litmus paper turns a bright green, meaning it's safe to drink. He takes a small drink, deciding it'd be for the best to use it sparingly. He applies lip balm to his chapped lips, sighing with relief.

In the second larger pouch, he finds a variety of cooking equipment and spices. He throws these aside, determining that these will be a great burden if he were required to carry these, though he places a small pouch of salt and pepper in his lower cargo pocket. He finds other useful supplies, and some unnecessary ones, which he throws violently against the cave wall opposite him. He also finds a paperback copy of Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley, which he decides to keep for when he would require paper for fires.

After finishing rummaging through the backpack, he wraps himself into a blanket that he found and lays on the ground, watching the storm roll by.

M

midnightgirl24

[Yay! XD]

She suddenly stops at the sound of a person calling out. She quickly turns around and notices that there is a man approaching.

"So, there is more than just me out here."

She stops, but wonders if it safe.

"The man could be armed. I better keep my guard up."

She stands there, but slips her hand into her right pocket, and looks at the man. She decides to call back out to him.

"Hello!"

She can't help but smile a little at the thought of not being so alone anymore.

Sploorky

Reaction score
Thoughts clog the man's brain. He was almost certain he isn't insane, and if he wasn't, that means there are other people in this wasteland! He smiles at the girl, and sits on the ground.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see people. I've been alone for months now."

He grabs a small pouch from his side, and puts it on the floor.

"You looks very hungry. Would you like something to eat?"

All the while, he keeps his hand close to his knife, just in case.

M

midnightgirl24

She keeps standing, but stares at the man intently, not sure if she should trust him. She shakes her head when he offers her food.

"I'm fine, but thanks."

She keeps her hand in her pocket, eying each move the man makes.

"It is nice to finally see someone out here. I've been wandering for whoever knows how long. It makes you start to wonder if you are the only one alive."

She finally decides to sit down due to the fatigue.

"So, how long have you been out here?"