• Posts in this section do not count towards your post count.

The Afterstory : A Post Apocalyptic Roleplay [Free-To-Join]

Specter2k11

Haunting People Since 2011
Reaction score
"An unknown organism has ravaged the earth like a firespread. Most of the human population and plant life is dead. The buildings and remnants of human life has heavily corroded as part of the organism's nature. You are one of the survivors that are immune to the organism. Prepare as you will face the harsh reality that is the wasteland."​

"Welcome to The Afterstory"​

1. Do not kill players that are in the same faction.
2. Use [OOC] if you're going to talk out of character.
3. You may forage for food and water in the wasteland. But you will be needed to write the expedition.
4. No scifi-ish items. Use whatever you could actually build, craft, and find in the wasteland.
5. You can't build a faction base next to the opposing faction's base.
6. No cheesy references on pop-culture.
Citizens
They are survivors that are willing to cooperate with other survivors for the means of rebuilding the human population and work together cooperatively as a selfsufficient comunity.​
Bandits
They are ruthless survivors who raid and pillage through other survivors by any means necessary. They come in as a large group to the point it's on par with the citizens.​
  • Sp3ct3r_2k11 (as Ray, Mark, and etc. GM.)
  • Defiant_Blob (as Mecra, Mark, a bandit, and etc. Co-GM.)
  • AotsFTW (as "The White Man")
  • Duffie
  • Midnightgirl24 (as Tess)
  • HarmakPaul (as "The Time Sweeper")
  • JKangaroo
  • 77_is_the_best
  • DKnucklehead
  • Sploorky
  • Thetogolopian
  • radman573 (as "Xeon")
  • Jalleo
  • DarthLego5679
Total Players : 14

If you are missing from this list, then contact me.
IRC Channel : #TheAfterstory (esper.net).

[Note : this is my first time making a RP game thread, so i'm sorry if this has something missing from a standard roleplay. Suggestions welcome!]
[Note 2 : i posted this through my phone. Will edit the main thread later to make it even more interesting. Edit Done.]

Credit goes to Togolopian and Duffie for helping me arrange this.
Credit goes to Defiant_Blob for making the awesome world map.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
Another day passes by, and nothing changes... A lone red figure stands hunched over a dusty brown bed. Around him, it is apparent his possessions are worse for wear. The one mirror that is in there is cracked, the floor is covered in dirt, and water stains make up a majority of the wall. As he shuffled towards his storage chest, small bugs and the such scuttle away from his kill from the day before: a starved to the bone warthog. The figure had picked clean most the what he could from the corpse, too lazy to dispose of the remaining bones properly. What do I live for anyways? The off chance I see a friendly face? But what happens after that?

The figure walks out the door, crossbow in hand and some crudely made arrows in his quiver, which seemed to be made out of a variety of furs. It was odd: compared everything the figure seemed to own, the crossbow was in outstanding condition.

Reactions: Duffie

Specter2k11

Reaction score
A loud crack came from outside the figure's shack. By the time the figure inspects what the sound is from, he saw what looks like another person. The character is what looks like a teenager by the age of 16. He was wearing a red worn-out cape and a set of dirty rugged off slothes. He was presumably running from something.

The character proceeded to shout something.
"Hello? Anyone?"
"If someone's here, leave IMMEDIATELY."
"Unless if you don't value your life."

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
What's this, some raider trap? Lemme guess, I follow and help the kid, then find out I was set-up. But then again, I hate to lose my only chance at finding civilization. I'll talk to him, but play it safe. The figure called out to the running teenager.
"Hey, over here! What's the rush?"
What's with the cape, anyways? Is he a superhero or something?

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"No time to explain!" the boy shouted. "Just trust me and follow me. They're going to come here at any minute! If you don't want to, then find a damn good spot to hide for your lives!"
The boy then waits for a respond, hoping for him to comply.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"See, now you're assuming I'm scared of whoever 'they' are. How about this, you run a little farther off. I'll see if I can't take care of 'them'," the figure chuckles. They aren't the first one who's tried this on me. Lure me into leaving my house so they can ransack it without a fight. And I'm not about to help this kid by handing him a weapon. I don't trust him. Not with a get up like that, and certainly not acting like that.

The figure walks into his house and back out seconds later, a sort of sharpened steel sword at his side, a very rusty rifle in one hand, and his trust crossbow in another. I may not have much ammo left, but I'm not going to be scared off so easily. At least, as long as this piece of junk works. Maybe I can scavenge some stuff off of whomever "they" is, like I did most everything else I own.

"So, run off now. Or you can make yourself useful if you have a weapon of your own, if you don't stab me in the back with it."

Specter2k11

Reaction score
The boy replied.
"Look, there will be a caravan of bandits that are armed to their teeth. Most of them are here looking for ME. Why? Because i have something that are of the utmost value. Look, they're also not just looking for me. They're also looking for anyone with even a single item on their hands. That's just how ruthless they are. Now are you coming or are you going to kill yourself fighting them with that? Last chance. And for the record, i'm only armed with nothing but a pocket knife. So don't get your hopes up."

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
[I'm a bit rusty in my Role-play, and I'm not sure when I should join in, so I think I'll just do it now.]
---
Dust... It seems that's all that's left in this broken world...
All I remember... The panics... The fires... That- Thing... And for what? Who can say...
Alone I awoke, and alone I seemed to stay... Passing along the empty, collapsed buildings of the past for days on end...
"Am I fully alone in this world now? Are these ruins all that is left standing after that incident?..." The thoughts swarmed through my head as I limped my way down the desolate street... covered in bodies... a broken shovel at my side...

And then... The sound of a gun being drawn...

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"Something of the utmost value, eh? Don't be tempting me now," the figure jokes. "And if they really armed to the teeth, that gives me even more incentive to stay and fight... but you're right. Not worth my head I guess. Ah, give me a second." The figure rushes into the house and emerges a minute later, a large pack on his back. He digs out a makeshift torch, lights it with an old lighter, and tosses it into the house. Leave nothing.

"Let's get going. Got a plan or somethin'?" the figure inquires. "Also, if you even think about betraying me, you will be dead in the next moment. Got it?"

The teenager, stunned slightly from the light threat, looks up at the figure and finally takes a moment to observe his features. The man's skin is completely red, varying in shades from place to place. It is quite common for people to have odd skin colors. The chemicals found in what could be scavenged has turned many people's skin to every color on the visible spectrum. He is bald, with his only hair being his eyebrows. His clothes are a dirtied and worn suit, complete with red tie.

Before the teen could respond, the figure speaks again. "By the way, the name's Mecra. You?" The teen began to talk as Mecra started walking off in the direction the teen had been running in.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
[So this is the same world, I should assume?]
[yes, the same world.]

"The name's Ray" the teenager responded. "Now, we'll be going west for around 25 miles from here. We will be heading to one of our outposts. If we reach there, and if they're still chasing us, we'll retaliate with the rest of my group. They'll probably not dumb enough to do so. The outpost we're going to is a small one, but we have a very skilled marksman standing by on a very tall building. And the red cape is a mark so that he know's i'm a friendly. Now let's make haste. The more we stay here, the closer they're getting their hands on these."

He then proceeds to take out something from his small bag quickly. It was a seed.

"And before you ask, this is a real seed that's immune from the organisms. This, is what they're dying to get their hands on. Now let's go"

Ray then proceeds to exit Mecra's abode.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"Are all the members of your 'group' a bunch of teenagers?" Mecra questioned Ray, picking his pace up. Twenty-five miles while being chased by marauders. How slow are these marauders to not have caught up to Ray already? "Anyways, who is this group exactly? A survivor group? Resistance? Bandits waiting for me to arrive so they can put a bullet through my head?" He laughed and walked on ahead.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
In the time factory, Blinx had become one of the operators, promoted after saving the time factory from destruction. He told of many stories from his time. One story that he enjoyed telling was the story of a land where time controls affected the course of history and how the world was destroyed and thrown into an apocalyptic wasteland, even though he regretted that he and his group couldn't save them.

One day, an unnoticed time sweeper in a shady corner asked, "What happened after you left, and which warp gate leads to it?" He had dark gray fur, a black shirt and pants, and wore a brown hat.

Quickly replying, Blinx said, "I'm not sure what happened. The warp gate appeared after we lost the battle, and I was going to be killed if I didn't take the chance. I tried pausing time to give me a chance to scout, but my time sweeper just... stopped. It wouldn't run anymore because something changed. As for the warp gate, it's the closed off one near world B2R38..."

Almost instantly, the time sweeper ran for the swords, bows, and filled quivers. He grabbed one of each, dropped off his time sweeper, and bolted for the closed off warp gate.

"Wait! Don't go! You'll die out there!" shouted Blinx.

"Ya think I care?" the time sweeper yelled back as he jumped in.
[Don't worry that this is sci-fi-ish. It's the only way I can get my character there and it will be the only bit in the series from me. :p]

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"Well, you can say we're both a resistance group and a survivor group. Ever since the bandits merge into a large group, they started pillaging other survivors. Our group are responsible of protecting those people on a daily basis. And as for our other job, we are trying to exactly figure out how to produce enough food for all of us. You see, we're short on food. The food we had back at the base was food from a nearby rundown supermarket. Believe me, it's awful."
Ray continued walking, trying to keep a faster pace.
"And no, not all of us are teenagers. I'm the youngest of them all." Ray says.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"And may I ask what you could possibly be doing out here in the middle of nowhere?" Mecra asked. He took something out of his pack, revealing a delicious looking slice of meat. "Maybe you shouldn't rely on supermarkets for food and start using what's around you.." Mecra tossed a piece to Ray. "How much farther is the outpost now?"

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"I was sent by them as a scout. They have been hearing reports of an underground botanic research facility that was said to research immune plant seeds. I happen to get a hold of a couple of the working ones. The rest was marked as total failure by the researchers... Or what's left of them. Anyways, i happen to meet a large group of bandits on the way back. They were... an inconvenience. They also saw the seeds that i took, so i ran. I can't let them get this. Not to those savages. And lastly, from how long we've been chatting, 21 miles."
Ray sighed with displeasure, hinting of how he hated his position as a scout.
"And if you're asking why i didn't bring a gun, is because, from the reports, there are no bandits known to roam around the location. Looks like we could need a new guy to man the intel department." Ray Joked.
"Anyways, enough about me. What are YOU doing around there?" Ray asks.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"Surviving. Not really much else. I'm a bit of a target for bandits, I guess. I've taken out a nice bunch of them. I use what I take from them to live. But they haven't been coming for a while. Though, I still think you're a fool for not carrying a gun. No, scratch that. You're a fool for trusting me. At any moment I could betray you with a bullet in the head. What makes you trust me so much? Anyone with common sense would have just ran past my home, letting the bandits have me and giving you more time. At least, that's what I would have done. World's too harsh to play the hero anymore..." Mecra looked up to the sky.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
The time sweeper was warped to the remains of a forest scorched by a volcano.
Yup, same place as the story. No doubt 'bout it.
He decided to hike over the dormant volcano when he found a village half covered by ash and smoke.
Well, this wasn't part of the story. Maybe there's something of value here.
The time sweeper went down to the village and was able to get a few pieces of scorched bread, some gold bars, and some water preserved in a glass jar.
How did this not crack? Eh, who cares?
He continued on his way, ready to grab at his sword in case anyone suspicious approached him.

Specter2k11

Reaction score
Ray gazed to the ground, thinking for a reason to tell at Mecra.
"... Look, as a scout, it's my job to find other people who are surviving through the world. The reason of why i asked you to come is because it's what i had to do. And plus, you don't look like a bad guy. And i'm usualy always right when it comes to judging people. Plus, even if you were to even do that to me, don't bother. You will be pinned down to the ground by me. No-one has been able to beat me in CQC. Well, some do but i'm basically hard to beat. Anyways, thanks for the meat. Last time i had was a rotten one in that accursed supermarket. Curiosity got the better of me i suppose." Ray joked.

Defiant_Blob

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
Donor
Reaction score
"Heh, willing to put a wager on that whole 'pin me down to the ground' business?" Mecra challenged Ray. "I didn't stay alive and defend myself from bandits all this time by luck." He paused. "Besides, I'm certain my crossbow could take you down no problem. CQC or not."

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"I'd be willing to. Someday. But now's not the right time. Besides, how do you think I survived all this? I'm best with a knife and that's it. I can't shoot a gun accurately." Ray explained.

Around 25 minutes have passed.
The duo arives at what looks like a very long chain fence. There are towers nearby the corners of each chain fence. The gate was made of sturdy steel, capable of resisting bullets.

"This is it. Haven."

Specter2k11

Reaction score
"HEY MARK, WE GOT A FRIENDLY HERE! AND MY MISSION IS A SUCCESS! CAN YOU LET US IN?" Ray Shouted.
"You know, we have intercoms for a reason." Mark replies through the intercom that was next to the gate.
"Anyways, who's he?" Mark adds.
"I got a stray survivor. This one has been picking fights with the bandits too back in his past. Speaking of bandits... We've got company coming." Ray warns.
"Good god, Ray. I've told you this many times. DO NOT ATTRACT ATTENTION OF THE BANDITS. Now i have the happiest job of cleaning up your mess." Moans Mark with a very angry tone.
"Hey you there, are you good with rifles? If so, a bit of help will do as your first job here in Haven." asked Mark.
As Mark asks Mecra, he also opens the gate to Haven. The gate was opening slowly.