Terraria 1.2: How to defeat... every boss! (hardmode solo)

Rikumaru

Reaction score
Righto which boss to start at... (This is for solo)
Bosses included in guide:
The Destroyer
Skeletron Prime
The Twins
Plantera
Golem
Lunar boss (last boss) - COMING SOON (Hopefully halloween)

The destroyer: This boss is a cakewalk. Armor depends how good you are at the game, if you get hit alot I recommend adamantite armor. If not use mythril or even molten would do.

Items recommended:
Mythril / adamantite repeaters or Ice bow (drops of ice mimics found in underground ice biome),
Molten or mythril or adamantite armor or better,
Health potions (100hp),
Ironskin potions,
Regen potions,
Archer potions (optional),
Hellfire arrows (You get this from demo man) - DO NOT KILLYOURSELF (Ice bow uses its own ammo)
Cloud in a balloon (Replace if you have wings) - MUST HAVE
Spectre boots,
Cobalt / Obsidian shield - MUST HAVE
Archer emblem / Sorcerer emblem (Sorcerer if going magic)
Cross necklace or lucky horseshoe / obsidian horseshoe if you dont have wings
P.s. If you dont have cross necklace

Boss guide: The key thing with hardmode bosses is to dodge. Do not tank this boss. I dont tend to use arenas much so just flatten a large area (size of your screen) of land and battle on that. When the fight starts dodge the destroyers head (does 50 dam) and start firing away your hellfire arrows, be careful not to hit yourself with them as they can do over 100 dam. When trying to dodge its lasers I tend to go in one direction (pun not intended) while flying up and down. Every so often the destroyer releases its probes. These I find do the most damage so get rid of them if they spawn. Everytime you kill a probe it drops a heart. Save these hearts until you really need them (easy way to kill all bosses at the same time). So uh thats it on the destroyer.

Skeletron Prime:
Megashark
Mythril or Adamantite armor or better,
Greater health potions (150hp),
Ironskin potions,
Regen potions,
Archer potions,
Crystal bullets
Wings - MUST HAVE
Spectre boots,
Cross necklace

Boss guide: DO NOT TANK THIS BOSS NOT A GOOD IDEA. This battle is a little more complex but still not too hard. Before I start this battle guide If you see the head spinning do not tank it as I have said before and also the boss doubles his defence when his head is spinning. Also ranged weapons or magic is the best idea for this boss. When the fight begins focus one two of its four arms: The prime vice and The prime laser. These two arms will be doing the most damage to you during the fight. The first one I kill normally is the Prime laser as I think its the hardest one to dodge. Then target the prime vice as this is an annoying weapon (prime vice does the most damage). If the head spins you should have no problem dodging it as he slows down. Now we have the Prime vice and Prime laser out of the way proceed to start killing the head. (If the other arms are bothering you take them out but they are very easy to dodge).

The Twins:
Megashark
Adamantite armor or better,
Ironskin potions,
Regen potions,
Archer potions,
Crystal bullets
Wings - MUST HAVE
Spectre boots,
Cross necklace

P.s. I will refer the twin that shoots fire and lunges at you as the "Fire twin" and the other on that shoots lasers as the "Laser twin" as I cannot remember there names...

Boss guide: Um... DO NOT TANK THIS BOSS. This boss is the hardest of the three original hardmode bosses. Whatever you do do not trigger both the twins to go in second stage mode, if you do this will make the fight a whole lot harder. The twins as the name suggests is not one creature but two. This makes dodging it a whole lot harder. The one I tend to target first is the fire twin as its other one that causes the most damage. The fire twin as two forms of attack in its first stage. It hangs back shooting fireballs at you, they are easy to dodge. Then it begins to lunge at you. Just fly over the top of it to dodge it or fly underneath (fall) if the fire twin lunges a little above you. Once the fire twin reaches the halfway mark in the fight he will transform. This is where it begins to get hard. The fire twin will increase in defence and also fly a heck of alot faster than before. The fire twin will shoot a stream of fire and fly towards you. This is the hardest thing to dodge in the battle. This is also what will do the most damage. When it stops shooting fire it will begin to lunge at you repeatedly. Once you kill the fire twin the rest is easy. The laser twin will just shoot lasers every so often at you. Just keep hitting it until it transforms to its second form. It will increase in defence and damage. you will start to notice like the wall of flesh as its health starts to get low he will begin to fire lasers more rapidly. Just keep shooting it and dodging it and you should have no trouble.

Plantera

Megashark
Hallowed armor or better,
Ironskin potions,
Regen potions,
Archer potions,
Crystal bullets
Wings - MUST HAVE
Spectre boots,
Cross necklace

Warning: This boss has awesome music.

Boss guide: NOOOO DO NOT TANK THIS BOSS NOOOO. Righto you dont summon this boss with an item like other bosses, you summon it by finding a pink bulb in the jungle biome. To fine the pink bulb you must of at least defeated one of the hardmode bosses. First of all you must have a large open space in the jungle (with a few platforms to land on) for this fight. This boss has 3 MODES. THREE. When you first summon it, it will appear pink. In this stage it will have a few vines / ivy whips (dodge these they do 60 through spectral armor) and will shoot little bullet type projectiles. This stage isnt too hard tbh. Once its health starts dropping near 2/3 mark it will turn orange. It will then grow more vines and also shoot pink spiky balls that will bounce around causing lots of damage. If there are too many of these in your area try to move to another spot in your jungle area. Once you get it to its next stage plantera will grow teeth and start going ape. This is where you dont want be nearby plantera as it will cause a huge amount of damage. Just keep shooting and you should kill it. Once you kill plantera it will drop the jungle temple key where inside you can face Golem.

Golem:

Megashark
Hallowed armor or better,
Ironskin potions,
Regen potions,
Archer potions,
Crystal bullets
Wings - MUST HAVE
Spectre boots,
Cross necklace

P.s.Even though this fight is after plantera I found this boss much more easy

Boss guide: First of all make sure you are fighting on a flat surface as this will make the fight more easy. Golem like plantera has 3 forms. Its first one is where it shoots out its fists ( either dodge these or hit them to make them retract) and jumps slowly. If it jumps close to you and you are near a wall just jump to the other side of golem (far away for it). Once you decrease its health enough so it start to go into second form (this form is the hardest) it begins to fire lasers and fire balls. The lasers are hard to dodge but the fire balls are not to hard. Golem also starts to jump more often and faster. Once you get golem down to 0 health it will pop out its head the the head will fly about shooting fire balls. You cannot harm the head. When this happens just avoid the head and keep shooting the body until it dies. Golem drops 1/8 items.

Lunar boss (Last boss) (Also has awesome music too)

Boss guide:

Btw this took an hour to write up. Hope you like it :D

Rikumaru

Reaction score
I didnt want to include those op items. I hope in 1.2.1 redigit nerfs the hardmode magic items as yesterday I solo'ed all 3 original hardmode bosses with vamp knifes and no armor and didnt drop below 300 hp...

• Agree
Reactions: Digitalis

Rikumaru

Reaction score
But its no fun when doing cheap tricks like that. Classic hallowed armor and megashark. Or do it yrimir style.

Jubjubers

Best BuildBox Guy 2011 - 2013
Reaction score
Website
www.lingscars.com
With the golem, build a platform along the roof with a gap at the end and use the shadowbeam staff for a good hour or so, the only time you'd need to start moving is when it's head has been defeated but then it's still easy as pie.

Golem = easiest hardmode boss

Rikumaru

Reaction score
Grr Hero... He used a cheap tactic I watched it when dat vid came out. I was quite annoyed which is partly why I left out the op items of 1.2