Terrama Discussion Thread

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
All inter-clan conflicts are settled on the ultimate battle ground dictated by this, requiring the art of intricate moves such as 'raise the roof' or 'the worm'.

• Winner
Reactions: asaechao

JKangaroo

Your Local, Neighborhood Marsupial
Reaction score
Please go underground

into the earth
Makes me think of JtE(?)'s Atlantis, which was a cool town(and led by Sparkly too iirc).
Except now it would be underground rather than underwater...
And more cavernous/in a mountain/more earthy instead of being in the ocean...
Sounds cool.
You could build a city deep underground. (just not past the bedrock).

Reactions: SparklyMuffinz

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
If we have highland biome under control, then we could build inside of big hills.

Can we have giant public mine, that goes like in this picture: (copied from wiki)

These tunnels would be pretty high: floor at layer 4 - you would see bedrock on that floor.
Ceiling at layer 16 - so you would remove all blocks between layers 5 and 15, making 10 blocks high shaft.
This would be extremely efficient. In case of any empty spaces you would build these walls to preserve integrity of it.
This way you could mine ~82 percent of all diamonds in given area (some would be hidden in layers with bedrock).
I'll make plan of it in SSP, as Create doesn't have terrain.

Edit:
Here is how it would look in smp during early stages of formation.

Edit:
I made slightly more developed version of it on BB.
This one has 3 block wide corridors, 2 blocks of spacing and 1 block width branches.
Corridors and branches can be really any length - it doesn't have to have all of them being same size, but some standardization of length would be nice.

Last edited:

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Instead of building a city into preexisting terrain, has anyone considered building more or less a giant custom mountain where which we can sculpt a city out of to our creative minds delight? Seems like a neat idea to me, I dont really want a look alike to smp 3's Arcem

Reactions: JKangaroo

JKangaroo

Reaction score
Instead of building a city into preexisting terrain, has anyone considered building more or less a giant custom mountain where which we can sculpt a city out of to our creative minds delight? Seems like a neat idea to me, I dont really want a look alike to smp 3's Arcem
Making your own mountain also sounds easier to do than carving out one into preexisting terrain. :p

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I know from experience that making an enormous underground cavern and filling it with grass, trees, and whatnot looks pretty cool. It'd be a bit of a digging project, but would be a pretty neat central hub for our clan, or even just a cool looking underground garden if we decide on a different idea.

JKangaroo

Reaction score
So any ideas for what the style of buildings will look like?
Wouldn't even know where to start with... "Earthy."

Unless we become the Earth Kingdom :p

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Can't there be homes on or surrounding a mountain and then having a few town items within that mountain?
(I honestly don't mind mining for stuff. It's what I did to pass the time as I watched season after season of Breaking Bad)

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
Makes me think of JtE(?)'s Atlantis, which was a cool town(and led by Sparkly too iirc).
Except now it would be underground rather than underwater...
And more cavernous/in a mountain/more earthy instead of being in the ocean...
Sounds cool.
You could build a city deep underground. (just not past the bedrock).
Hold the phone! I led it too thank you! Lol

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
List of updates:
  • We have over 20 members in our clan! (Working on an exact number, hah.)
  • The monument regions have been changed so you can now edit things yourselves. (This includes doors and buttons.)
  • I want to set up a council relatively soon and will post a thread about it when it's time. (Not yet, people still need time to get planted in the server.)
  • We have started filling up our chest room; lots of contributions have been made so far and it's awesome! If you want to "donate" your materials for all of us to use, drop it off there. It's a sharing community.
    • There doesn't seem to be a set structure in there yet. I'd like to start a discussion (thread?) regarding how we want our's to look/flow.
  • Terrama is awesome.
That's all for now, I think. Will edit if I think of more.

Reactions: digi and JKangaroo

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
If we have highland biome under control, then we could build inside of big hills.

Can we have giant public mine, that goes like in this picture: (copied from wiki)

These tunnels would be pretty high: floor at layer 4 - you would see bedrock on that floor.
Ceiling at layer 16 - so you would remove all blocks between layers 5 and 15, making 10 blocks high shaft.
This would be extremely efficient. In case of any empty spaces you would build these walls to preserve integrity of it.
This way you could mine ~82 percent of all diamonds in given area (some would be hidden in layers with bedrock).
I'll make plan of it in SSP, as Create doesn't have terrain.

Edit:
Here is how it would look in smp during early stages of formation.

Edit:
I made slightly more developed version of it on BB.
This one has 3 block wide corridors, 2 blocks of spacing and 1 block width branches.
Corridors and branches can be really any length - it doesn't have to have all of them being same size, but some standardization of length would be nice.
Sorry for shameless self quoting but where I can start building it SparklyMuffinz

All layers between 5 and 15 would get mined out.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Can I be the official chest organiser, animal carer and farmer
That's actually an interesting idea... what do you think, Terrama about having general roles for our faction? i.e., you want to build the best damn farm to ever exist than that will be your goal and your focus while someone else's interest may be farming us all the goods and diamond in the area. While you can still do everything, this could help give everyone (who wants one) a purpose for helping out Terrama. And if we have any questions about the status on something, we ask those people in charge of those jobs. Just a thought.
Sorry for shameless self quoting but where I can start building it SparklyMuffinz

All layers between 5 and 15 would get mined out.
Where we're digging now is no good for that I think... If you face the front entrance of our monument, I think to the left (it's really close) there's a spot we could try. If not, when I sign on next I will try to find us a place to get started!

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
That's actually an interesting idea... what do you think, Terrama about having general roles for our faction? i.e., you want to build the best damn farm to ever exist than that will be your goal and your focus while someone else's interest may be farming us all the goods and diamond in the area. While you can still do everything, this could help give everyone (who wants one) a purpose for helping out Terrama. And if we have any questions about the status on something, we ask those people in charge of those jobs. Just a thought.

Where we're digging now is no good for that I think... If you face the front entrance of our monument, I think to the left (it's really close) there's a spot we could try. If not, when I sign on next I will try to find us a place to get started!
Well I started making pinwheel mine hub under monument, but now I have to go because its 11 PM here for me.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
note to terrama: making colorful signs on your message board stating thing such as
"the war is over"
or
"we're allied with air"
does not make it official.

try actually talking with members of another clan before taking things like that seriously, 'k?
if the clan member appears unaware of said "alliance" or "end of war", that's not a good sign. your information may be inaccurate.

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten