Temporary Staff Applications

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Because of the low amount of staff recently, and most of the staff currently being away, A&T is going to be having temporary staff applications. What this means is that, anyone can apply, there are no requirements, and all of the applicants will be looked at by myself, and all of the decisions for who will be accepted will be made by me.

If you wish to apply, you should know a few things first. The operator rank is going to be split up into two ranks. One will be as a general operator who helps players in-game with any of their questions, and the others will be the ones hosting the tournaments, for example the weekly tournaments, and any other big events that we have on the server.

These ranks will both have the same permissions, one won't be higher than the other in any way, and they will both be able to do each others roles. The only difference between these ranks is the requirements.
[panel]
For a normal Guide, they will be required to have 4 hours of time online per week. This could change in the future however.

For a normal Gamemaker, they will be required to help organize, and participate in two weekly tournaments per month. All gamemakers will be required to help with bigger tournaments, unless they are away.

All staff will be required to vote on maps, vote on staff applications, and help with ban appeals.
[/panel]
[panel]Please note, for certain reasons only players with past Blocktopia staff experience will be allowed to apply. If anyone else decides to apply, their application will most likely not be considered.[/panel]
If you would like to apply for staff, please use the following format, and post in this thread or send it in a private PM if you would prefer that.

Code:
[B]In-Game Name:[/B]

[B]Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker):[/B]

[B]Time-Zone:[/B]

[B]Previous Staff Experience:[/B]

[B]Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here?[/b]

[B]What are your strengths and weaknesses?

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
In-Game Name:Calfish

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker):Either Guide or Gamemaker.

Time-Zone:+1

Previous Staff Experience:Classic lava survival Operator.

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I love to help people, organize things, think of new concepts for the server and look for them.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?
My strengths are my matureness, my patience and enthusiasm.
My weaknesses are my English(It's not perfect but finely understandable) my faith in people(becouse I sometimes trust people too much if they promise me sometimes but nothing really terrible) and the amount of swearing I do.(I don't swear alot but sometimes it just popped out, but nothing I can't really stop myself from doing it.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
In-Game Name:NogTrog

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker):Guide

Time-Zone:Alaskan Time

Previous Staff Experience:N/A

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here?I'm going to be applying on another server for a staff rank and I think I would handle this job well because I love A&T even though I'm not on everyday.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?I'm great at organizing things and am quite friendly.Somtimes I can be to friendly.
It says at the beginning of the thread that Dragosh is only looking for people with prior staffing experience.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
It says at the beginning of the thread that Dragosh is only looking for people with prior staffing experience.
Oh dang missed that part but see it now I'll delete the application.Thanks Prizyms!
It also states that it will 'most likely' thus meaning not indefinitely. He may apply, with hopes that if he has shown to have been mature on the server and supplies a trust-able application which Dragosh may then consider him.

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
In-Game Name:Willchill

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker):Guide or Gamemaker (whichever needs more staff)

Time-Zone: GMT -10 (AEST)

Previous Staff Experience: Twice Zombie Survival Trusted (one current), Once A&T Guide (though I feel this didn't work too well, see below).

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? Because I've had past experience with A&T Guide, and I've learned a lot about my strengths and weaknesses since then. I know where I've gone wrong, and where I can improve. Also, with a computer that can actually run Minecraft, I would be more active.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? I am (usually) a calm person. I don't jump to conclusions, and I let grudges off quickly. Though occasionally, I get caught up in what I'm doing and make the game interesting for me, at the expense of the players. Also, my current occupation as Trusted on Zombie Survival might cause some inactivity.

Reactions: Notme and Prizyms

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
In-Game Name: superstein

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker): Guide

Time-Zone: EST/EDT

Previous Staff Experience: TNT Wars Trusted (Current)

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I know the server well, am able to handle servers on my own and am a very friendly and inviting player who can get along with anyone. Also, I can run A&T unlike almost any other minecraft premium server. Also, I feel that I'd be devoted to the server and could become a full-time guide seeing I believe the server has great potential and a strong purpose.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? My strengths are my friendliness and compatibility, as well as my activeness. I can also pick things up very fast. My weaknesses are most likely my low confidence at the beginning of something seeing as it's hard to deal with situations at times when I don't know how to properly do it yet but once I pick it up I should be able to staff A&T well.

EDIT: Will be going on break for a while, so I believe if I'm picked I will not be active for 4 weeks, so count mine out until then because I'd still like to become A&T staff. Thanks! (2nd EDIT: Break will end 4 weeks from this Sunday.) (3rd EDIT (sorry): Due to them ending this Wednesday, you can trial me (if selected) until Saturday. Thanks!)

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
In-Game Name:Stretford01

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker):Any one you want me to be.

Time-Zone:UTC/GMT -/+0 DST +1 (Ireland+UK)

Previous Staff Experience:I am
currently a TNT operator

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here?I would be a good staff member here because I have lots of experience with the server and staffing and tournament holding. I believe I deserve this position because I put 110% concentration and workrate into helping people understand and play and have a lot of fun in the server.

What are your strengths and weaknesses?My strengths are that I work hard at everything be it hosting tournaments, making games or helping out. I can also code in Jython if that is ever needed. I am also a very nice person with much experience in any role that you put me in. I promise to give 200% in every challenge you hand me and everything that you want out of me. I am also very truthful and very rarely, if not never lie to anyone. I will always fufil my duties that you give me, be it helping out, giving advice, designing things or hosting and/or joining tournaments.

My weaknesses are that I can lose my temper if someone carries on with example, a joke that annoys me and such. I am also away a lot (holidays, breaks etc.) so around 8 weeks per year I will not be able to put in a) 4 hours or b) 3 tournaments

I hope you enjoyed reading my application and I hope the best to all of you!

- Stretford01
By the way Dragosh98 , if I am picked,I am away until the 10th of August. Anyway, good luck to all!

gay vampire

Little Miss Organs
Reaction score
In-Game Name: Kylieanna

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker): Guide

Time-Zone: GMT +8

Previous Staff Experience: I used to be a full time Lava Survival Operator.

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I think I'd make a good staff member here because I am experienced at staffing and upholding rules, and I love to help people with anything in truth. I would make the server as fun as possible for the other players and help hold the server to the best of my ability.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? My strengths: I can really quickly learn stuff, such as the rules, and other important info. I’m easily understood by others. I’m good at English (why wouldn’t I? It’s my main language) and Grammar. I rarely get angry. I’m generally fun to be around. I will do my duty as a guide to the best of my abilitys. My weaknesses: Sometimes I get too derpy/goofy. Sometimes I have low confidence in myself, and sometimes I get stressed a little. And sometimes I get a little depressed.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
In-Game Name: Marnixxie

Rank You Are Applying For: Organiser

Time-Zone: GMT+1, DST+2

Previous Staff Experience: Zombie Trusted, Op; Lava Trusted Op; TNT Trusted, Op, VetOp; SMP VetOp, Controller

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I probably won't be that good at staffing on the server, but organising events is something that catches me. I would love to organise some events while not having the "must" to focus staffing on the server.

What are your strengths and weaknesses? I guess organising is a strength of mine; see TNT Wars Tournament 2 and TNT Wars Map competition 3. Don't really have that much of important weaknesses.

Matty

Placid Prospector
Donor
Mafia Host
Discord Staff
Reaction score
Eh, if you need help...

Username: Uhtr5r
Rank Requested: Organizer
Current/previous positions held inside Blocktopia:
Survival MultiPlayer v2 - Trusted
Creative MultiPlayer - Operator
Primordia - Operator/Vet-Op/TIT (Tech In Training)
Adventure and Tournaments - Operator
Build Box - Operator /Vet-Op
Current Survival MultiPlayer (V.4?) - Operator

Why you think you would make a good staff member here:
I was staff back on A&T when it opened, and have lots of staffing experience in and out of Blocktopia, and for all I know, I could make a shitty staff member now, I'm just filling this out because it says you need some help, and i'm willing to.

List what you believe your greatest strengths are:
  • Talking to people.
  • Working out Issues, in an unbiased and orderly fashion.
  • Managing both large and small groups of people.
  • Organizing and following through on projects and events.
  • Server administration. (Both Minecraft, and general server administration)
List what you believe your greatest weaknesses are:
  • Activity during the day, I only have time to get on at night.
Teamspeak?: Yes
Microphone?: Yes
Internet Relay Chat?: Yes

Signature of a madman;
Sir Uhtr5r

Vino

Fidget Spinner
Reaction score
In-Game Name: Infernofox

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker): Gamemaker

Time-Zone: EST [GMT -5]

Previous Staff Experience: Previous OP on TNT, SMP, Lava, and Build. Current Lava Trusted.

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I believe i am an active, trustable person who many can rely on to help out. Other than helping out i am eager and would be glad to not only plan tournaments and special events, but also help out in others plans. I feel that i would be a great person for the position and i would be a great help to the server

What are your strengths and weaknesses? My strengths would be my great staffing experience and great ability to help other players and discipline others when needed. I am great at organizing events and i am usually very available to do so. I also have voice clients and a microphone to talk in real time with others when needed.

My weaknesses would include my somewhat lackluster preforming computer and my odd timed schedule. Some days i might be online for 15+ hours while other days i will be extremely busy with real life things

Signed: Infernofox

Reactions: Sploorky

Ronaldo

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
In-Game Name: RonaldoSkillz.

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker): Organiser.

Time-Zone: US Eastern Time Zone (EST GMT-5).

Previous Staff Experience: I've been a Handpicked Lava Survival Trusted for 3 weeks, And I am currently a Lava Survival Operator and have been for five months and counting.

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here?: Well, I have handled and experienced a various amount of situations on lava, and I always search for the best ways to handle any sort of problems, aswell as organizing any events. I try to make it as fun as possible for others and make sure that is was worth the time for them to play on any map, and I always love to try to help plan out any events and make them a success. I don't get the chance though whenever I am on the server only because it's already been organized. I focus on what my objective is on the server, which is to organize events, and I also find ways to improve anything that I may lack in any organization performance, and I will give the best efforts that I can possibly tribute.

Strengths:

-If anything new has been introduced to me, I usually catch on to it quick.
-I usually am detailed as possible in any types of questions or problems on a game type/anything else.
-I may generate any ideas for any new game types, and I also get creative/unique at points with them.
-I can give the best efforts to any type of game that needs to be organized for others, and if needed I'll assist them in the best way.
-I have great organization. I don't have any experience organizing any events around Blocktopia, but I know the concepts to organizing events.
-I am social and friendly to anyone that comes to the server to play. I give them the most respect possible, no matter how vulgar they get.
-I am very patient with anyone, no matter how slow they take anything.
-I have plenty ways of communication. I'm able to Speak on TS and also have access to IRC, and I usually am in there for most of the time during the day, so I'm quite easy to get access to.

Weaknesses:

-My lack of knowledge of Premium commands, but I'm sure it won't be a problem once I get used to them.
-I can go a bit overboard at times to any argument or something similar, but I'm learning to handle this better. I can also act goofy and joke around at points.
-I may lack to find the time (Which is why I can't handle being a guide) to host and organize on the server starting at the second week of August due to real life catching up to me, but I'll try my best to find the time for organizing.

And just a side note: I am still on break until the first or second week of August, but I'm able to access Minecraft for the next two weeks that I'm still on break.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Not sure how applicable this still is but I finally finished it.

In-Game Name: SparklyMuffinz.

Rank You Are Applying For(Guide or Gamemaker): Guide.

Time-Zone: GMT -5

Previous Staff Experience: I am currently a Lava Op and a TNT VetOp [Grenadier]

Why do you think you would make a good staff-member here? I think I would make a good staff-member here because firstly, I enjoy being able to help if possible. Also by trying to be an approachable person to people/players and welcoming questions. I also understand the value of rules and will always be willing to enforce them. If I were to be accepted, I would certainly take the time to learn and understand whatever comes with the rank I get. I am open person and always opened for change.

On a side note, I was also happy to hear
Dragosh98 said:
These ranks will both have the same permissions, one won't be higher than the other in any way, and they will both be able to do each others roles. The only difference between these ranks is the requirements.
Because I would generally enjoy the responsibility of both ranks, whether it is spending time in the server moderating or helping organize events. As I said above, I am always willing to help where needed.

My strengths are I have 9 months of experiencing with staffing. In that time I have learnt a great deal of patience, understanding and how to handle myself in mature manner when needed. I try to be a friendly and an easy person to get along with. In addition, I have started to find an even point between overly strict and too passive when it comes to enforcing rules. I usually don't have trouble learning the way things work so I should be able to adapt to the requirements and expectations of a Guide.

My weaknesses consist of probably my worst is being a procrastinator. I usually will say "I'll get to it later" and then forget about it. Another would be I doubt myself often so I'll be afraid to speak up about things or ask questions. Server wise, I mostly stick to Classic due to technological issues (that I've already mentioned to you) so my knowledge of the server/commands is limited. However this is something I would improve on if I got the rank (also already mentioned to you. :p)

Signed: SparklyMuffinz (Not a cupcake)