Map Name: Temple of Time
Map Authors: Catcocomics
Game Type: Mob
Map Worldborder: Self-contained
Download: /warp TempleOfTime
Game Time: 10 AM
Maximum amount of players: 4
Notes:
*Door of Time is opened by a kit item, should I put said item into the shop?
*There are two sets of god-like armor hidden in the floor. They will likely break after a round or two of use, but do let me know if they seem OP.
*There are no revives. If you absolutely must have them, then hide about 3-5 in the floor, but I do want this to be more interesting.
*The room containing the Master Sword is dark except for in the center and the Eastward window.
If someone with fancy shaders would please do some cinematography...
*Players to spawn where the kit box is.
*Remove this safety block from the map so that the Door of Time can be opened (I put it there so kids in create don't accidentally open it and force me to reset it again).

Wave time: 60 seconds
Shop Locations: There are a couple of light gray shulker boxes behind the camera, and a blue box in the room ahead:

Mob spawn locations: Wither Skull outside in the courtyard
End Wave: I want to see how enjoyable this is as a forever thing, and then decide the end wave later if one is desired.
Mobs which can spawn: Everything, Ganondorf is unleashing his entire army on the Temple of Time in desperation for the remaining Triforce pieces.

Other screenshots:

Warning!!
If you move too far beyond the barriers in the courtyard, then you will see past the facade.
For sake of immersion, please do not exit the confines of the map.

HKCaper

Almighty Goat
Reaction score
There are no revives. If you absolutely must have them, then hide about 3-5 in the floor, but I do want this to be more interesting.
Revives are hardcoded in, so it is not possible to have shops without revives.

Also, you have included night vision potions in the shop for 40 gold. I noticed a big portion of the map is dark, which can be annoying. The night vision would help this, but it is expensive and will not really benefit the gameplay too much (besides a bit more vision). However, you could always only stay in the lighter parts of the map.

Feel free to reply anytime, and let us know if you want to continue with the map if revives have to be in it.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
Also, you have included night vision potions in the shop for 40 gold. I noticed a big portion of the map is dark, which can be annoying. The night vision would help this, but it is expensive and will not really benefit the gameplay too much (besides a bit more vision). However, you could always only stay in the lighter parts of the map.
Shoot, thanks for reminding me that I wanted custom potions.

The potions named "Red Potion", "Blue Potion" and "Green Potion", and maybe one or two other potions are supposed to have custom effects
Red Potion should have healing 10 (let me know if this is too op)
Green Potion should have... maybe swiftness or something. Not entirely sure atm.
Blue Potion should be exact effects of Red and Green.

As for the Master Sword's room being dark, I tried making the floor glow, and it didn't look so good. If it really becomes a problem, I could hide shulker boxes up in the ceiling or something to let light in.
Revives are hardcoded in, so it is not possible to have shops without revives.
In that case, I doubt anyone will be needing the ablative armors in the floor.

G

Guest35486

Hi Catco, thanks for the submission!

The map looks nice overall, but the map has a few issues as a mob map. The idea of the unlockable door is certainly interesting, but I do not see any use for it as the item is in each player's kit.

Each item in the shop is a bit powerful for its price. For example, you have made a Diamond Sword with Sharpness V, Unbreaking III, and Sweeping Edge III 20 gold. I understand that you've intended this map to have no revives, but as HK had stated, it's not possible at the moment. Other than that, I would like to see more in the design of the map. I know that it's a reference to Zelda, but it can go further. For example, the courtyard is quite small and ends abruptly with little decoration.

My main concern is the structure of the map. There is one mob spawn that allows mobs to enter through the front entrance. While the map is overall pretty wide, the mobs can easily block the entrances. (They may even be too narrow for mobs like Ghasts.) I feel like this structure would not work for mob, as it causes players to be trapped in one section.

Declined

Status
Not open for further replies.