TBD - Info / Rules / Signups

GmK

International Man Of Cake
Reaction score

Welcome to another Blocktopia Mafia Game.
"To Be Defined" is different.
"To Be Defined" is an experiment.

The story, if you want an indication, will be defined by the actions in the game.

Intrigued? Sign up today!

---

Since the setup will need a while, the signups will open today already. People that are currently in a game may also sign up for this one, since it certainly won't start until the current main one is over.

---

General Info about „To Be Defined„

This is a closed setup game. That means you will not know which roles exist, and how many of each. No role will have any unknown factor to it, that would make it fail on any role actions (e.g. an insane Doc, etc.). You should be aware of the potential roles that can come up during a game (from prior knowledge of playing Mafia), and still be open to the possibility of roles you have never heard of. There is no role that autowins if lynched or killed (No Fool / Jester).

This is not a flavored game. There is no need for role-playing a character.

This is a complex game. You may only sign up if you have played at least 2-3 mafia games before (no matter if here, at Mafiascum, EpicMafia, etc).

This is a serious game. Please only sign up if you think you are able to reply to this thread frequently and with enough seriousness.

This is a fun game. At the end of the day, we all just want to have some fun.

---

Rules

Please read them before signing up. By signing up you agree that you read these rules.

Be respectful and polite.

- You can NOT edit posts. Make a double post instead. (Editing posts should be disabled in any case)
- You are not allowed to make last statements after you are dead.
- If you have not signed up to play mafia, do not post in the game thread.
- Do not rate posts (ex. Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree) after you die in mafia. Rating posts instead of making posts while you are alive is discouraged as well, as the posts are the life of mafia.
- You are not allowed to use the -In a conversation- status as a tool against someone.
- NEVER post a screenshot with PM's. If you do, you will be kicked from the game with no chance of alternates replacing you.

Honesty and Cheating
• In all interactions with the moderator, you must be honest.
• Do not contact any player in or outside of the game about the game unless specifically allowed to by the moderator. When allowed, only do so in the specific manner allowed. You are free to talk to people about the game in a way of alerting them to new posts, etc., as long as you don’t talk about things happening.
• Do not attempt to access another player's information by technological means (such as hacking).
• Do nothing that would be considered cheating.

Gaming the System
• Do not quote your role PM, take a screen capture of it, etc. You may paraphrase the role PM.
• Do not attempt to analyze the mechanics of a role PM in comparison to other players. For example, "the fourth word of my role PM is town." Or "my PM was sent at 11:23, when was yours?"
• Actions that involve "bets" or other outside-the-game contrivances to try to confirm a player are prohibited. Examples include, but are not limited to, avatar bets, replacement bets, etc.
• At no time should there be pre-game alliances made.

Activity
• You are expected to be an active participant in your game. Do not flake.
• If you know you are going to be absent a particular amount of time, post in game and PM the moderator that you will be V/LA. Please include the date you plan to be back and posting.

Lynching
• Each player gets a single vote to use during the day (except if their role explicitly allows for more) that they may change as many times as they wish to vote for any player.
• When a majority of players are voting for an certain player, that player is "lynched" and removed from the game.
- There is no „no lynch“ voting.
- A deadline will be applied to each day. After the deadline ends, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If two or more players have the same amount of votes on them, a random number generator like random.com will be used to determine the lynchee.

Behavior
• No racist, homophobic, sexist, etc. language may be used.
• Harassment of an individual player is NOT permitted. It is the nature of the game that players will be antagonistic toward each other at times. However, it should always be kept in the spirit of a game.
• Always play to your win condition. Never sabotage your team's chances simply because you're angry at them.
• Do not discuss ongoing games in the game.

The Moderator
• The Moderator will post frequent vote counts.
• The moderator reserves the right to alter any rule in the game including any of the rules found in this document.
• If the moderator makes a mistake on a vote count, please address it in thread in bold.
• PM the moderator with other concerns.
• The moderator has the final say.

Quitting
• When you sign up, it is expected you are capable of remaining interested in the game throughout its run.
• If you have decided you can no longer be a part of this wonderful adventure, send a private message to the moderator announcing you are leaving.
• Under no circumstances are you to reveal your role while you quit.
• If you think you are losing the game and cannot remain motivated to play, do not give up and reveal your role in resignation. Be a good sport and see your loss through with class.
• The moderator is expected to treat you with respect throughout any possible situation regarding quitting.

Dead people are not allowed a last statement within the thread. But they can chat their hearts out in their secret "Dead People's Club".

Quick notes:
1. Please always use the PM I sent the role in to send me your night actions if you are a Power Role.
2. If you have a power role, you may skip using your ability by sending me a "none" in the role PM during the night.
3. If you fail to send me an action during the night, in case there is a deadline, the action will target a random person automatically.

----

Voting

Please follow the correct voting mechanism, otherwise I will have to modkill you out of the game (pew pew pew):

In an extra line at the END of your post, using bold, vote like this:

vote <fullplayername>

If you decide to change your vote or fully unvote, please make sure to also make that bold. Always unvote before voting for a new player, even if it is in the same post:

unvote
vote <fullplayername>

Abstaining is forbidden.

There is no „no lynch“ voting. A deadline will be applied to each day. After the deadline ends, the person with the most votes will be lynched. If nobody was voted upon, one player will randomly be lynched. If two or more players have the same amount of votes on them, a random number generator like random.com will be used to determine the lynchee.

Once a majority vote has been reached, no one may talk. The lynch will happen no matter if somebody unvotes in a post after the total amount of votes for a lynch was already reached. The host will write a confirmation post, and then prepare the transition from day to night.

The thread will be locked during night time.

GmK

Reaction score
Sign-Up Process

There will be up to 24 spots in this game. The minimum are 22 spots. Signups will be considered in the sequence they are posted in the thread. There are 5 signup spots reserved for Australians, blocked for the next 24 hrs. After the 24hrs they will go back into the main pool of open spots.

By signing up you agree to:
  • Be fine with every role you might get randomly assigned. Even if you don't like your role, you will play and take it seriously.
  • Be fine with the game potentially taking very long, and trying to remain active during the whole time.
  • Be fine with the rules and regulations posted above.

If you want to sign up for the game, please make a post simply stating

----
SIGN ME UP
I have already played at least 2-3 games of Forum Mafia (no matter if here or in another community) before: YES / NO
If Australian / New Zealand, indicate so as well
----

People that have no prior experience of playing Forum Mafia will be put at the end of the signup list and might be removed if the slots before that fill up with experienced players, since this game requires skill.

After the sign-ups, the set up will start, and might take a week or more, PMs will be sent including victory conditions and some more background.

The game will start with a DAYPHASE (probably). That part is yet TBD

GmK

Reaction score
Signups

1. digitalmez
2. Nottykitten
3. 77_is_the_best
4. Ltin
5. Alpha102
6. Fiestaguy
7. Hunter27a1
8. Jolteon42
9. Jivvi
10. myusername22
11. endersteve5
12. Samlen
13. midnightgirl24
14. raxo2222
15. Ooglie101
16. Timdood3
17. Caffeinatedkitten
18. Duffie
19. jKangaroo
20. xXxFruitNinjaxXx
21. Lee_Scar
22. Mad11gab8
23. Defiant_Blob
24. catgirl(numbers)

Last edited:

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
SIGN ME UP
I have already played at least 2-3 games of Forum Mafia (no matter if here or in another community) before: YES
GmK you sly trickster you, you made me think you couldn't come up with a name.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
SIGN ME UP
I have already played at least 2-3 games of Forum Mafia (no matter if here or in another community) before: YES
Woohoo, this sounds like fun =D

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Those that are mafia will find that out when the game starts.
would "that" refer to list of partners, number of partners, or whether or not they will obtain said information
Abstaining is forbidden.
Assuming the voting mechanics are the same as past games, couldn't one abstain by not voting?
Or would all players need to vote before a lynch occurs?

Once a majority vote has been reached, no one may talk. The lynch will happen no matter if somebody unvotes in a post after the total amount of votes for a lynch was already reached. The host will write a confirmation post, and then prepare the transition from day to night.
A deadline will be applied to each day.
Has the deadline length been decided?

GmK

Reaction score
would "that" refer to list of partners, number of partners, or whether or not they will obtain said information

Assuming the voting mechanics are the same as past games, couldn't one abstain by not voting?
Or would all players need to vote before a lynch occurs?

Has the deadline length been decided?
"That" refers to either obtaining or not obtaining. I cannot say right now since it can be used as a mechanic during D1.

Abstaining would mean the amount of votes needed for a lynch sinks, so no.

There is nothing about all players having to vote for a lynch written there, or is there? ;)