Tavern Arcana - Mafia Win

Iggish

Reaction score
No, me "picking" only townies does not make me suspicious. If I were a mafia, I'd be conscious of making myself stand out or making myself suspicious which would mean I wouldn't only pick townies.
Also on that note of not making a scene and bringing attention to myself, why the fuck would I have been in loggerheads with Danni (an un-cced cop) for ages as the only mafia left. It's counter intuitive and doesn't make a lot of sense. In hindsight, it was a stupid thing for a town to do, but it would be near suicide as a mafia.
I also would've turned my attention to unu and myusername, which I did not. Why would I have tried to stick out like a sore thumb????

Iggish

Reaction score
And before you say that I wanted to change the town's opinion to think that TWG and Danni were mafia, when I was a mafia, what the fuck would the end goal be? If either of them had gotten lynched and subsequently flipped town, I'd be fucked.
A better tactic as a mafia in a situation like that is to just lay low and not attract attention, exactly like what myuser was doing and judging by the list, what the majority of the other mafias were doing as well.

Iggish

Reaction score
inb4 unu is actually yet another 3rd party survivor, but he's been given a specific calendar date to live to instead of being told to survive until the end of the game.
Or maybe he actually wants to listen to what I have to say and is entertaining the notion that you are guilty, unlike TWG who is just being close-minded and doesn't seem to be listening to me.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Or maybe he actually wants to listen to what I have to say and is entertaining the notion that you are guilty, unlike TWG who is just being close-minded and doesn't seem to be listening to me.
Errr, I know it isn't obvious on the internet, but I was making a joke. I think it's best that everyone takes their time to come to the best conclusion here as jumping on votes without thinking is the best way to let scum win. I didn't actually mean unu is probably 3rd party as I'm certain he's town.

Iggish

Reaction score
Errr, I know it isn't obvious on the internet, but I was making a joke.
mmk
I think it's best that everyone takes their time to come to the best conclusion here as jumping on votes without thinking is the best way to let scum win. I didn't actually mean unu is probably 3rd party as I'm certain he's town.
Yup I agree.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Unusual_Dood Why do you think that I am suspicious. This might be a bit tedious, but bear with me.
The main reason is that you wanted to lynch Ender for reasons I do not understand. As I said earlier it would only delay your death, and it was probably just a shot at getting Ender to kill someone else than you, so you would do better than if you were just lynched straight away.

Iggish

Reaction score
The main reason is that you wanted to lynch Ender for reasons I do not understand. As I said earlier it would only delay your death, and it was probably just a shot at getting Ender to kill someone else than you, so you would do better than if you were just lynched straight away.
But questioned again and again if he even had again. In fact, I was opposed to the idea of him having a gun. I also did not want to die. At the time I thought that there were two mafia so if I died, then it could be game over in the long run.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
It would be good because I'd have absolutely no suspicion on me and so it would be easy for me to do the kill. No-one would suspect anything.
No, me "picking" only townies does not make me suspicious. If I were a mafia, I'd be conscious of making myself stand out or making myself suspicious which would mean I wouldn't only pick townies.
Except, you needed a role to claim and a way to claim it. For obvious reasons claiming to be vanilla townie in a game full of power roles doesn't seem to fly easily.

Not necessarily because:
a) I wanted to die so we wouldn't have this situation today
b) I wasn't sure which of you was mafia. I thought it was more likely that you were, hence why I sent the message to you.
okay, so let's say you were townie and still a little on the fence about which of us was mafia. Well, if unu was mafia you could've sent the message to me to show that you at least used your night action. On the other hand, if from your perspective if you thought I was mafia you'd send the message to unu. There's no reason to send a message to someone who's likely to deny receiving it.
But you're the only one who thinks you could only do one at a time. I could easily have sent a message to unu while simultaneously killing dess, how would that prove me?
not sure why this isn't obvious. This is the standard in pretty much any game I've played and at the very least it's the current meta. There's no reason to assume the mechanics work different as a default. SURE THEY COULD BE DIFFERENT, but unusual could also secretly be a cop, or TWG could actually be a godfather vampire or something crazy like that. there are lots of things that could be different at any point in a mafia, but it only makes sense to run on some basic reasonable assumptions. So it just makes sense one would take int consideration how the mechanics probably works when deciding to use their night action. So, no it doesn't make sense that you'd be able to send a message to unu while killing dess.

Where did I say that?
Last night I tried to get myusername to kill me instead of someone else by acting like I had secret info on him and would persuade the town to vote for him tomorrow with the information that I had. That obviously didn't work.
perhaps I did exaggerate it a bit, but this post looks an awful lot like you were trying to say that in your actions last night you were operating under the assumption I am mafia. (Though, I know this is bullshit since you're mafia and the message is a lie.

Also on that note of not making a scene and bringing attention to myself, why the fuck would I have been in loggerheads with Danni (an un-cced cop) for ages as the only mafia left. It's counter intuitive and doesn't make a lot of sense. In hindsight, it was a stupid thing for a town to do, but it would be near suicide as a mafia.
I also would've turned my attention to unu and myusername, which I did not. Why would I have tried to stick out like a sore thumb????
And before you say that I wanted to change the town's opinion to think that TWG and Danni were mafia, when I was a mafia, what the fuck would the end goal be? If either of them had gotten lynched and subsequently flipped town, I'd be fucked.
A better tactic as a mafia in a situation like that is to just lay low and not attract attention, exactly like what myuser was doing and judging by the list, what the majority of the other mafias were doing as well.
Having the cop around in day 5 with 2 confirmed innocents is a very bad place to be as a lone mafia. When you add in the fact that I'm a watcher and would've seen you trying to kill him it's not unlikely that we could've ended up with 2 confirmed innocents(since you'd kill from the confirmed innocents pool and not the , danni still around as a cop, and only 5 people still alive. with ender being confirmed as the fool that makes it you vs unu or you vs me in a day with 5 people. That would've given us an automatic win since we would have enough mislynches to lynch both. alternatively, let's say you killed danni at night. Again we wake up with 5 people, but in that case I saw you kill Danni. Effectively that means that in a day with 5 people it'd be your claim vs mine. Again, we'd have enough mislynches and that it's an auto win for us.

lynching danni during the day was almost suicide for you as an option, but it's one of the best chances you had at the time to win because most other options ended in an auto win for the town.

By lynching ender we practically gave up an autowin for the town. furthermore, even if there'd been 2 mafia left (from my point of view I'd know that's you and unu) then it'd be a 2/3 chance for the town to lynch correctly and end up in an auto win the next day.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
Alright, now that the sun claimed I guess it's my time. I am the Moon, once per game I can use my ability to be protected during the night. It is the exact opposite from what 112 claimed. However I used my ability last night. I have no idea if it had any impact, but I will reveal that "something" happened to me and my role. I wish to not reveal what happened. I got to go as I am running out of time and internet, send help.
I think I have asked you this question quite a couple of times now. Unless you already have said what this is (and in that case i am sorry) can you please tell me what happened to you when you used your role?

Iggish

Reaction score
Except, you needed a role to claim and a way to claim it. For obvious reasons claiming to be vanilla townie in a game full of power roles doesn't seem to fly easily.
What? What point are you making here? I claimed my role and my tarot cards early on. Even if I was mafia, I would've claimed that.
okay, so let's say you were townie and still a little on the fence about which of us was mafia. Well, if unu was mafia you could've sent the message to me to show that you at least used your night action. On the other hand, if from your perspective if you thought I was mafia you'd send the message to unu. There's no reason to send a message to someone who's likely to deny receiving it.
No, either way, in my mind, I didn't think you were deny receiving it as I believe even if I did kill someone, I could've done both, send a message and do the kill. It's only you thinking in this way.
not sure why this isn't obvious. This is the standard in pretty much any game I've played and at the very least it's the current meta. There's no reason to assume the mechanics work different as a default. SURE THEY COULD BE DIFFERENT, but unusual could also secretly be a cop, or TWG could actually be a godfather vampire or something crazy like that. there are lots of things that could be different at any point in a mafia, but it only makes sense to run on some basic reasonable assumptions. So it just makes sense one would take int consideration how the mechanics probably works when deciding to use their night action. So, no it doesn't make sense that you'd be able to send a message to unu while killing dess.
Agree to differ here I guess. I didn't even consider the possibility of you not acknowledging the message.
perhaps I did exaggerate it a bit, but this post looks an awful lot like you were trying to say that in your actions last night you were operating under the assumption I am mafia. (Though, I know this is bullshit since you're mafia and the message is a lie.
Yeah, they were under the assumption that you were a mafia. I had to choose who was most likely to be mafia, you or unu and I chose you. I enevr said you were 100% a mafia.
Having the cop around in day 5 with 2 confirmed innocents is a very bad place to be as a lone mafia. When you add in the fact that I'm a watcher and would've seen you trying to kill him it's not unlikely that we could've ended up with 2 confirmed innocents(since you'd kill from the confirmed innocents pool and not the , danni still around as a cop, and only 5 people still alive. with ender being confirmed as the fool that makes it you vs unu or you vs me in a day with 5 people. That would've given us an automatic win since we would have enough mislynches to lynch both. alternatively, let's say you killed danni at night. Again we wake up with 5 people, but in that case I saw you kill Danni. Effectively that means that in a day with 5 people it'd be your claim vs mine. Again, we'd have enough mislynches and that it's an auto win for us.

lynching danni during the day was almost suicide for you as an option, but it's one of the best chances you had at the time to win because most other options ended in an auto win for the town.
Or maybe I could've just done what you are doing, lay low and hope the other two "suspects" die before me. But even if I did get Danni lynched, what then? I'd be lynched instead. Your reasoning doesn't add up here.
The only viable option that a lone mafia would have in this situation would be to lay low, which is what you did.

Iggish

Reaction score
If we hadn't lynched Ender yesterday, we would from my point of view have a guaranteed town win, even if Iggish was town.
I might be missing something obvious here but why would it have been a guaranteed town win? Also, everything is always nice in hindsight, but I also believe that like me, you thought that there were two other mafia alive.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
I might be missing something obvious here but why would it have been a guaranteed town win? Also, everything is always nice in hindsight, but I also believe that like me, you thought that there were two other mafia alive.
From my point of view it was either a, b or c.
a) b) c)

Iggish Iggish Iggish
Myuser Myuser Myuser
Unusual Unusual Unusual
TheWeak TheWeak TheWeak
Danni Danni Danni
Dess Dess Dess

Ender Ender Ender

If we lynched Iggish there would in option a and c be 1 mafia (myuser), 1 antitown and 3 townies left for next day which unless we lynch me is won. If it was option b we would win immidietly.

Unusual_Dood

Reaction score
From my point of view it was either a, b or c.
a)

Iggish
Myuser

Unusual
TheWeak
Danni
Dess

Ender

b)
Iggish
Myuser
Unusual
TheWeak
Danni
Dess

Ender

c)
Iggish
Myuser
Unusual
TheWeak
Danni
Dess

Ender

• Informative
Reactions: Iggish

TheWeakGuy48_

Geezuslike
Donor
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't remember me pushing for a lynch on you, could you quote this? I mainly wanted an ender lynch.

Oh COME ON. I'm tired of this shit. Danni said the same thing and he had nothing to back it up, why was I suspicious. Also, like Danni, I'm guessing you also conveniently didn't mention this in the thread?

Why do you believe that myuser is innocent?
Ok so basically at this point in the game, I can be safe in assuming that Dess, myuser and unu are town-sided. Ender is third party.
So in my opinion we should lynch between Danni and TWG.

Danni supported Notty and has been quite aggressive.
TWG has a suspicious tarot card and has seemed quite off.

I'm not sure who I'd prefer. Also maybe we should consider an Ender lynch so he doesn't fuck us up tomorrow in the case that there are two mafia left.
Here is your second post from yesterday. Granted you didn't really push that hard for a lynch on me, but you suspected me (and danni) to be mafia and the only reason to lynch Ender was to 'get rid' of him. Before that your posts seemed a little off imo. I believe myuser is innocent for like a ton of reasons, I cba to find quotes and analyze texts and whatever else you want me to do, sorry but I'm too tired, and you're going to get lynched anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think I have asked you this question quite a couple of times now. Unless you already have said what this is (and in that case i am sorry) can you please tell me what happened to you when you used your role?
Nothing happened, I lied.

Also Unu do you mind hammering Iggish, I'm seriously getting impatient that this game is lasting longer than it needs to.

Iggish

Reaction score
I think it's best that everyone takes their time to come to the best conclusion here as jumping on votes without thinking is the best way to let scum win. I didn't actually mean unu is probably 3rd party as I'm certain he's town.
TheWeakGuy48_ Myusername who you trust so much for some reason, literally said this earlier today. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING???
My only explanation is that you are some kind of third party or have some win condition which you want to be fulfilled, but why not just wait then? There's no danger in you being killed at the moment so your win con should be fulfilled relatively soon. That is, if you're a 3rd party. Which wouldn't even make sense because Danni confirmed you inno.
I'm seriously considering voting Unu if he isn't going to vote Iggish soon
???
WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING RIGHT NOW!?!?
How is this in anyway, a good and proactive idea????

Iggish

Reaction score
Here is your second post from yesterday. Granted you didn't really push that hard for a lynch on me,
Yeah, no shit. You're just manipulating my words.
but you suspected me (and danni) to be mafia
So you were only going against me because I went after you? How petty. I had perfectly good reasons and as you have demonstrated, you had none of your own.
and the only reason to lynch Ender was to 'get rid' of him
WHY ARE YOU MANIPULATING MY WORDS.
I said that there's a possibility he's actually mafia and we shouldn't take the risk. I said that it was also that I didn't want to die.
Before that your posts seemed a little off imo.
Which of course, you didn't mention. What amazing justification for a lynch!!!
I believe myuser is innocent for like a ton of reasons, I cba to find quotes and analyze texts and whatever else you want me to do, sorry but I'm too tired, and you're going to get lynched anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Could you at least explain the reasons??? You obviously find him inno because of something he said if you are talking about quotes, but I can't think of anything he's said that is townie like. Not necessarily scummy, but not town.
Nothing happened, I lied.
And why did you lie???
Also Unu do you mind hammering Iggish, I'm seriously getting impatient that this game is lasting longer than it needs to.
It's only been going for like a day. Jesus Christ, what's your rush???

TWG, you're actually seriously pissing me off. At least I can have constructive conversation and discussion with unu and myuser, but you don't justify your posts and are too fucking lazy to even point out why you think the other candidate in a MYLO situation is so innocent.
This is a delicate situation. Why the fuck do you just want to end it when if I'm lynched, the town loses.

G

Guest35486

Day 6 - Vote Count
Unusual_Dood (1): Unusual_Dood
Iggish (3): TheWeakGuy48_, myusername22, Unusual_Dood
myusername22 (1): Iggish

With 4 players alive, it takes 3 players to lynch and 2 players to no lynch.
If the required vote amount is not reached by the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched.

The room closes in on Iggish and puts them in a noose. The card that falls out of their hand is The Star.
Win Condition: All threats to town are eliminated
> Night Action: Target one player, they will receive an anonymous message of your choice (in the form of a dream) at the end of night

The remaining players are: myusername22 (The World), TheWeakGuy_ (The Moon) and Unusual_Dood (The Hanged Man)
Win Condition: Living Mafia players make up half or more of the living players without any possible threats
> Night Action: Target one player, you receive a report of those who visited them
> Hidden: When killed by a lynch, the last voter's alignment and role name are revealed to the remaining mafia
> Night Action: [One time use action] Protect yourself from night kills
> Passive: Always count as voting for yourself, may still vote other players

---

The Town is powerless from stopping the Mafia from making up half or more of the living players.

Mafia Win
+ Fog
+ Enderfive