[TAG] Map voting form!

Haysagar

AoD Con
Reaction score
Just a question, by tag do you mean that humans have no inv and all chests are removed, or do you mean as when you die you turn hunter on the spot?
Dirt Mansion is currently running the [TAG] game mode. By the looks of it all chests are still in the map. The kit's are just food by the looks of it. Then the tag game mode is a somewhat combining the old classic zombie game play with AoD. Survivors are one hit kills and have a speed buff. Then hunters are at the same speed and have a strength buff that allows them to have one hit kills.

Baker93 Will maps that will be switching to the tag gameplay have there chests removed or altered? And would it be possible to have the same map in the rotation but they have 2 separate game modes? That being the regular map config and the new tag game mode?

• Thank You
Reactions: MustabearXD

Baker93

Alkaqube
Reaction score
Dirt Mansion is currently running the [TAG] game mode. By the looks of it all chests are still in the map. The kit's are just food by the looks of it. Then the tag game mode is a somewhat combining the old classic zombie game play with AoD. Survivors are one hit kills and have a speed buff. Then hunters are at the same speed and have a strength buff that allows them to have one hit kills.

Baker93 Will maps that will be switching to the tag gameplay have there chests removed or altered? And would it be possible to have the same map in the rotation but they have 2 separate game modes? That being the regular map config and the new tag game mode?
Jammy001

Actually The Abyss has also been converted into a [TAG] map and survivors spawn with bread and enderpearls at the moment (I will however be changing it so that hunger is turned off for [TAG] maps). There is not any kit that is a must for [TAG] maps so get creative with enderpearls, jumping buffs, cobwebs or whatever.

I have altered the chests on DirtMansion and will alter/delete the chests on any other maps I convert into [TAG] maps. I can indeed keep both regular and [TAG] maps in the rotation but it is a bit more wok for me and I haven't bothered to do it with the test maps.

Guinessis

Reaction score
One quick request, if any of my maps are selected for [TAG] let me know and if I'd rather the map stay [AOD] I'll create a secondary version of the map without chests and send it over. It would be just wrong for say Reverence to become [TAG] only after all of the work put into those chests and potions.

• Agree
Reactions: MustabearXD

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Just a question, by tag do you mean that humans have no inv and all chests are removed, or do you mean as when you die you turn hunter on the spot?
It says at the top of the form ;)
Basically TAG is like classic zombie, where hunters one hit kill the survivors. However in this survivors have speed boosts. :)

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, lets see
The TAG mode is something that i dont like personally, but i want it on the server, because i see how much some others players want it, especially from Zombies.

The TAG mode itself needs maps that it work on, maps that are not giant, atleast not if they got a million hiding spots.

The only reason that i dont want it added to the server would be if it replaced some of the great maps with chests. The maps should still be there as they were made, and not reaplaced by the TAG, the TAG should be a nice addition to make more people happy and come on the server.

What i personally dont like about tag(This might be the entire point with tag, but meh):
  • Taking away the PvP aspect from AoD, you just run over to a guy, and touch him, and he is dead.
  • The waiting, for me atleast, there is no fun in waiting 10 min for a game to be over, it can get boring to be staring into a wall for 10 min, running can be a bit more fun, but still
  • You are no longer able to chat if hiding. When hiding in ZS, you could always chat, and have fun that way, in AoD tag while hiding, If you start chatting, you have to unsneak, making it much easier to find you.

Some ways that i have thought about to improve the tag:
  • Lets say dirtmansion, a map that have tag (and now only tag?). The map dirtmansion comes up, and before the round start, there comes up a voting: "Do you want to have this map played as TAG this round?" This would choose if the original map, or the TAG map got played, depending on what the players online wanted.
  • Hunters should have near insta break on most blocks, i belive there is some sort of potion effect for it? If not, nvm.
  • As mentioned about, it either needs a way to find a person that are sneaking, or not maps that are as big as dirtmansion, the person could be sneaking anywhere, and you would just have to be lucky and random bump into him.
If this came out as a very negative post, I would just like to thank the AoD staff to implent this, making many people from ZS and other places have fun and have less change when their "home" and favorite server shut down.
Please, dont take away maps that work good as they are, add new good stuff, dont replace it =)

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, lets see
The TAG mode is something that i dont like personally, but i want it on the server, because i see how much some others players want it, especially from Zombies.

The TAG mode itself needs maps that it work on, maps that are not giant, atleast not if they got a million hiding spots.

The only reason that i dont want it added to the server would be if it replaced some of the great maps with chests. The maps should still be there as they were made, and not reaplaced by the TAG, the TAG should be a nice addition to make more people happy and come on the server.

What i personally dont like about tag(This might be the entire point with tag, but meh):
  • Taking away the PvP aspect from AoD, you just run over to a guy, and touch him, and he is dead.
  • The waiting, for me atleast, there is no fun in waiting 10 min for a game to be over, it can get boring to be staring into a wall for 10 min, running can be a bit more fun, but still
  • You are no longer able to chat if hiding. When hiding in ZS, you could always chat, and have fun that way, in AoD tag while hiding, If you start chatting, you have to unsneak, making it much easier to find you.

• Lets say dirtmansion, a map that have tag (and now only tag?). The map dirtmansion comes up, and before the round start, there comes up a voting: "Do you want to have this map played as TAG this round?" This would choose if the original map, or the TAG map got played, depending on what the players online wanted.
  • Hunters should have near insta break on most blocks, i belive there is some sort of potion effect for it? If not, nvm.
  • As mentioned about, it either needs a way to find a person that are sneaking, or not maps that are as big as dirtmansion, the person could be sneaking anywhere, and you would just have to be lucky and random bump into him.
If this came out as a very negative post, I would just like to thank the AoD staff to implent this, making many people from ZS and other places have fun and have less change when their "home" and favorite server shut down.

Please, dont take away maps that work good as they are, add new good stuff, dont replace it =)
Well if most people agree with you about having smaller maps as TAG, we won't have them (hence the voting form) ;)
Also, there are at least 3 maps that I know of that are small, runner based and going to be TAG maps. I imagine there will be a variety of running and hiding.
Thank you for giving some suggestions, however I don't really like the idea of voting for the map to be TAG or not. Some maps will be designed for TAG, and so gameplay without it would be rubbish. Maybe if the map maker could choose if this vote is activated or not? But even then, I don't think it's fair on the ones that DO want TAG, even if it's just a few people. We all get rounds where we don't particularly enjoy the map as much as another, but we just deal with it and it makes us appreciate our favorites even more. Everyone enjoys different maps and styles, so it wouldn't be fair if 5 people love TAG, but because 6 don't - they miss out. I think it adds more variety, so it isn't all constantly pvp, but sometimes hiding, sometimes running, along with any other fancy gamemodes people come up with. Don't get me wrong, I love pvp, but I think it adds a bit more variety and will make both pvpers and runners/hiders enjoy the server.
I like the idea of the insta break, and there is a potion effect for it called 'FAST_DIGGING'. Map makers can easily just add this to their maps themselves if they wish, so that's all sorted.
But everyone has different opinions, and I thank you very much for yours.
Sorry if this was too long winded.
:alien:

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, lets see

Well if most people agree with you about having smaller maps as TAG, we won't have them (hence the voting form) ;)
Also, there are at least 3 maps that I know of that are small, runner based and going to be TAG maps. I imagine there will be a variety of running and hiding.
Thank you for giving some suggestions, however I don't really like the idea of voting for the map to be TAG or not. Some maps will be designed for TAG, and so gameplay without it would be rubbish. Maybe if the map maker could choose if this vote is activated or not? But even then, I don't think it's fair on the ones that DO want TAG, even if it's just a few people. We all get rounds where we don't particularly enjoy the map as much as another, but we just deal with it and it makes us appreciate our favorites even more. Everyone enjoys different maps and styles, so it wouldn't be fair if 5 people love TAG, but because 6 don't - they miss out. I think it adds more variety, so it isn't all constantly pvp, but sometimes hiding, sometimes running, along with any other fancy gamemodes people come up with. Don't get me wrong, I love pvp, but I think it adds a bit more variety and will make both pvpers and runners/hiders enjoy the server.
I like the idea of the insta break, and there is a potion effect for it called 'FAST_DIGGING'. Map makers can easily just add this to their maps themselves if they wish, so that's all sorted.
Oh sorry, forgot part on the voting suggestion, what i mean more detailed, lets say that abyss is a TAG only map, that wont have voting, camelot, doesnt fit for TAG, so never any on that either, but then it is Western Nightmare, that both types will work great on, here the voting will come up. (Note: all maps metioned above were random choosen)

The point about it would be fair if the lesser amount of people dont get what they love, I cant say i quite understand. The maps system in AoD is (mostly) based on voting, so it is on most of the map servers. You cant make every one happy, but you cant try to get as close as possible =)

• Thank You
Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Okay, lets see

Oh sorry, forgot part on the voting suggestion, what i mean more detailed, lets say that abyss is a TAG only map, that wont have voting, camelot, doesnt fit for TAG, so never any on that either, but then it is Western Nightmare, that both types will work great on, here the voting will come up. (Note: all maps metioned above were random choosen)

The point about it would be fair if the lesser amount of people dont get what they love, I cant say i quite understand. The maps system in AoD is (mostly) based on voting, so it is on most of the map servers. You cant make every one happy, but you cant try to get as close as possible =)
Hmm, that's a very good point. I was thinking that TAG would be very rare, so it wouldn't be fair to outvote it as it doesn't come much, but thinking about it eventually it will probably be as regular than an ordinary map.
Thanks for pointing that out to me! :)

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

Kuromono13

Reaction score
Maybe mapmakers can submit the maps (with chests) and if they decide to, submit the map in [TAG] mode later, so Baker might not have to much trouble (possible, tag maps must have input files premade by the mapmaker

Guinessis

Reaction score
I'd imagine that for TAG maps you could just //replacenear 200 chest air or something similar. Not sure if chests have any special rules when being replaced. I'll test later.

Olix

Reaction score
I'd imagine that for TAG maps you could just //replacenear 200 chest air or something similar. Not sure if chests have any special rules when being replaced. I'll test later.
I've had some... very, very bad experiences when working with chests and world edit (in fact, anything with a GUI). I don't know if these problems will occur when just using air blocks as the replace material, but to be safe I'd probably use MCedit, wich will work fine.

Marnixxie

Hippo
Reaction score
I think some of the smaller premium maps for be good for tag and I have no clue why but I seems to think cubism would work well to.
Cubism and Swordbase, if they aren't runner map material in their current form, I don't know what is.
Don't you dare to touch Swordbase D:

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score