Tackil10's Op Application

Tackil10

Reaction score
In-game username: Tackil10
Staff references (Op+): emosquirrel
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): None. I was Aristocrat on JtE though.
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: When your an op you have to help answer questions in chat and help people who need help with griefs and other issues that may arise. You also have to answer applications on the forums and reply to pm's and staff threads. Ops also must work with the other staff to make the server run smooth and without problems.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: -I consider myself a good staff and i know a lot of the commands already. I tested Nodus to see what it can do and can identify it if needed. I also can be on when needed most times and can get feedback from superstein easily if I want to know how to do better. I am a fast learner as well so the transition will not be hard.
If there is a problem you aren’t sure of how to deal with, what will you do: I will ask another staff member what to do, and learn it. If nobodys on I will learn it myself from where the commands are.
If a staff member of equal or higher rank is acting up, what will you do: I will go to superstein or Sparkly and tell them what happened with many details.
What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: I don't have particularly good grammar but I am very aware of this. I will try to fix it when I'm online but I know it doesn't need to be perfect. But I will try to make it better.
Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I play hockey and lacrosse and favor the sport of hockey very much so, I play for the USA development team, and hope to play for the USA juniors in the future. I like to have fun and I like meeting new people, so say hi if you see me. :)
If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: Thanks for considering me, and don't just have a good night... have an AMERICAN night. (don't worry about it if you did not see anchorman 2)

• Optimistic
Reactions: Notme and Solis22

asaechao

─═☆The Blue Bird☆═─
Reaction score
I will be voting a 0, you're a nice guy and all, but I think it's a bit too early for you to be getting Operator. The 1st reason is, from the beginning of server release to now, I've only seen you about 6 or so times, that might be because of timezones. The last reason is, from the times that I see you online, you don't stick out as much as I'd personally like to see. This vote could change at any moment once I see you in-game.

I think you should work more on helping and sticking out! Don't let this discourage you and good luck!

• Love
Reactions: Pikmon2

77thShad

Ayy lmao
Reaction score
I'll be going with a 0.
You seem to be nice however I have seen you maybe two times since the server has opened! And in those two times I haven't seen you helping out. I understand that it is a bit unfair to base you off those two times I have seen you but that's all I have to go off.
Good luck!

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I will vote a 0
It is as I told you too early, I belive you are not quite ready yet for this, I dont see you all that much, and I have only seen you help out once or twice.

I got only good memories of you from JtE Tackil, but I want to see you more!

Tackil10

Reaction score
I will vote a 0
It is as I told you too early, I belive you are not quite ready yet for this, I dont see you all that much, and I have only seen you help out once or twice.

I got only good memories of you from JtE Tackil, but I want to see you more!
I hope that good JtE Tackil will continue on, Thank you Danni for everything!

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I'm going to be voting 0.
Mostly because of the same reasons Danni and others have already stated, and I have seen you maybe once online although this is probably because of timezones.

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Tackill, you've been in the SMP community for some time. However, that alone is not enough. I can name only one instance where I noticed you helping others, which concerns me. I shouldn't have to think hard about you helping people, it should be an obvious realization for a staff member. DoD must be picky with it's staff choices, as we already have an excellent staff team. I made this similar point on Super Goku's application. I am also concerned about the nature of your answers. While of course you aren't expected to write a copious amount of content, simply taking the time to use proper grammar can say a lot about your desire and commitment to staffing. When we look for a new staff member we have to ask, will they not only be good enough, but will they be excellent at their job? I do not believe the answer in your case is yes, but perhaps it will be later. I'm going to vote -1 on this application, but do not be discouraged. Many applicants have later been accepted after a series of denials, such was my case for JtE Trusted. I wish you the best of luck.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers and Henry

Tackil10

Reaction score
Tackill, you've been in the SMP community for some time. However, that alone is not enough. I can name only one instance where I noticed you helping others, which concerns me. I shouldn't have to think hard about you helping people, it should be an obvious realization for a staff member. DoD must be picky with it's staff choices, as we already have an excellent staff team. I made this similar point on Super Goku's application. I am also concerned about the nature of your answers. While of course you aren't expected to write a copious amount of content, simply taking the time to use proper grammar can say a lot about your desire and commitment to staffing. When we look for a new staff member we have to ask, will they not only be good enough, but will they be excellent at their job? I do not believe the answer in your case is yes, but perhaps it will be later. I'm going to vote -1 on this application, but do not be discouraged. Many applicants have later been accepted after a series of denials, such was my case for JtE Trusted. I wish you the best of luck.
May I ask what is wrong with my answers, so I can improve on them.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Hi, guy who provided the reference finally reporting in.

I referenced Tackil10 based off experiences based on both JtE and DoD. Relating back to JtE, he was quite immature and naive. However, he grew and grew and grew from experience, which I could surely see in DoD when he is on. Yes, he is not as helpful as he could potentially could be. But he is mature and active in contrast to JtE.

But Emo, if he's not that helpful why did you reference him?
Sometimes you do need the tools to do the work, like you need the commands to do the staffing. With his ever-evolving maturity, he can be a useful part of the staff team if he were given a trial-operator position. Sure, I chose the different route of referencing before he became more helpful, but hey, sometimes you just gotta give someone a shot and hopes he does his best with it.

+1 towards Trial-Op.

Reactions: Nottykitten

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
May I ask what is wrong with my answers, so I can improve on them.
Simply put, your answers are very basic. While you do answer each question, you don't provide a terrible amount of detail. As I said, it is not necessary that you write every answer in two paragraphs. However, some of your answers are barely 4 sentences, with many of them being only one or two brief statements.

I also feel as if your answer for your greatest weakness wasn't the kind of answer desired. This is simply my opinion, but I feel as if this should be a weakness of character. For instance, paranoia or immaturity are common answers. I always believed that answers such as bad grammar or English as a second language were avoiding the intent of the question. While such things can hold one back, I feel that even with such hindrances a staff's character is most important. To this end I believe the question is asked, as it shows that you see an error in your character, and that you wish to improve it. While it's all well and good to say your grammar is bad, I don't feel as if that would prevent you from staffing well.

Nonetheless, it is nice to see you asking for feedback. Many instances such as these are learning experiences, and I know I myself did not always have the best spelling and word choice.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
For me it will also be a 0 because as stated before i dont see you being helpful, or see any presence in chat. i do see you on a bit but I dont think you are quite ready for staffing just yet.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Right, my thoughts on this:

On Elysium as emo said you grew. Your a nice guy, fun to be around and have been playing for a decent amount of time. Your applications length doesn't bother me much, as some people are to the point and I still feel you understand the rank. My main issue is when I do see you, you just aren't quite as helpful as I would like to see. I feel you are on your way there, but just would like to see that last touch before a +1.

So for now, 0.

Mikey

The Pig
Reaction score
You seem dedicated to the server and care about it, which is nice. But in my honest opinion, I haven't seen you on the server much at all and when I do you only see you making little presence. I have seen you help once or twice before, but it hasn't been something to grab my attention. I don't feel you haven fully proven your maturity yet to the current staff nor to myself. Moreover, this application in my opinion isn't the best. It seems kind of dull to me. (I know this is a controversial statement but you learn a lot about a person through an application, specifically how much they care or even a glimpse at their maturity) I know you have good intentions but I feel you should wait a little longer before pursuing a staffing position. I'm going to have to go with a -1.

Furthermore, I do hope you keep trying to pursue the rank because in the future I can see you improving your helpfulness and even notable presence on the server.

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
The application seems like you have a general good understanding of the rank you're applying for, which is a good start and part of the advice I gave you when applying. However, the staff seem to have an overall agreement that we'd like to see you show that knowledge while in-game. I think that's the main thing you mainly improve on (beside the spelling :p) since I have seen your maturity grow as well. So don't let this stop you! Take in the suggestions and try again later if you're still interested.

Denied for now.