Survivor Havelock

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Cubefield Results

The winner of this Challenge is... Runemen4!

Congratulations, Runemen! You've won immunity and the power that comes with it!

------------------

Scores:

Runemen: 499170
Marskid: 482525
Notme: 453060
ChronosStar: 428875
Aika: 422730

----------------

Mythelf has decided to leave the game. Unfortunately, life's been really busy right now for her and she doesn't have enough time to keep up with the game.

mythelf, you're the 7th Survivor voted out of Survivor.

You will still be part of the Jury. You're the 7th Member of the Jury.

Mythelf, you have spoken.

7 down. 5 left.

---------------------

Decision Time

Runemen4, you have a very important choice to make.

You need to choose 2 Survivors to send to DeathMatch.

Survivors in Danger: MarsKid Notme Aika ChronosStar524

With Mythelf being gone, only TWO more Survivors need to get voted out before the Finale. Meaning that, the NEXT challenge will be the LAST Challenge of the season and the most important one to win.

So Runemen, you need to think who you want to get rid off. Maybe someone you think is a threat to your game.

Send me the name of the 2 Survivors next to the reason why through PM.

Good Luck.

• Sad
Reactions: Notme

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
So I just got my first full time job and have been super busy and that is why I figured I should drop out. I would like to say good luck to everyone and it has been fun playing with you all these seasons. Bye.
- Tries to get rid of you from game for betrayal in previous Survivor.
- You just quit

GG

• Haha
Reactions: Ansoro2112

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score

Runemen4 has chosen his nominees.

He has chosen...

Aika and Notme

Reason for Aika: She has been rarely nominated and I want to see more from her.
Reason for Notme: Because I feel like he should be challenged more.

------------------

For now, MarsKid and ChronosStar524 are safe.

You both need to hope for Runemen to win the Deathmatch. Or else one of you will go up as a replacement nominee.

--------------

Aika VS. Runemen4 VS. Notme

Click this link:

http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/alien-bounce/

The Survivor who gets the highest total distance will win the Deathmatch.

Make sure to send me through PM a screenshot of your score, next to an escaperestart tab open. And write your name in the box below once they give you your score.

You're free to try as many times as you wish.

Aika and Notme: Fight for your chance to win that "LifeGuard Pass" and leave the nomination place.
Runemen4: Fight to avoid Aika and Notme from saving themselves.

Good Luck.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com

Runemen4 has chosen his nominees.

He has chosen...

Aika and Notme

Reason for Aika: She has been rarely nominated and I want to see more from her.
Reason for Notme: Because I feel like he should be challenged more.

------------------

For now, MarsKid and ChronosStar524 are safe.

You both need to hope for Runemen to win the Deathmatch. Or else one of you will go up as a replacement nominee.

--------------

Aika VS. Runemen4 VS. Notme

Click this link:

http://www.freewebarcade.com/game/alien-bounce/

The Survivor who gets the highest total distance will win the Deathmatch.

Make sure to send me through PM a screenshot of your score, next to an escaperestart tab open. And write your name in the box below once they give you your score.

You're free to try as many times as you wish.

Aika and Notme: Fight for your chance to win that "LifeGuard Pass" and leave the nomination place.
Runemen4: Fight to avoid Aika and Notme from saving themselves.

Good Luck.

Gunpowder useful for long range "flight"

We get it, played Minecraft.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Deathmatch Results

The winner of the Deathmatch is... Runemen4!

Congratulations, Runemen! You've won, meaning that nominations will be staying the same!

-----------------

The Scores

Runemen: 24488.
LunaJade: 10903.
Notme: 8164.

-----------------

Tribal Council

The time has come to vote out ONE of the 2 nominees.

It's between:

LunaJade and Notme

Survivors that will cast their vote: MarsKid and ChronosStar524

LunaJade and Notme won't vote since they're nominated. And Runemen4 won't be voting either (Whoever wins the challenge won't vote. He will just vote in case there's a tie. He'll be the decisive vote)

Send me a PM with the name of the Survivor you wish to vote out. And let me know WHY you're voting out that Survivor. It needs to be a valid reason. Try to tell me why you're voting that survivor out over the other one.

Good Luck.​

• Haha

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Tribal Council

The 8th Survivor voted out of Survivor Havelock is... Notme

---------------

Notme received 2 votes.
LunaJade received 0 votes.

-------------

Reasons as to why Notme got voted out:

1.) The fact that they remain so resistant to failure is impressive and frustrating. Hopefully this will be the nail to take them down. No hard feelings, but when you gotta go you gotta go.

2.) It seems like the better choice.

---------------

Notme, you've become the [BCOLOR=#ffff00]8th Member of the Jury[/BCOLOR]. You'll be joining the Jury Mansion next to the others.

You can say one last statement if you wish.

Notme, the Tribe has spoken.

8 down. 4 left.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score

Congratulations, Top 4!

ChronosStar524 MarsKid LunaJade Runemen4

I'll be working on the LAST and most IMPORTANT Challenge of the season.

Whoever wins this Challenge, not only will secure a spot in the Final 3, but will decide which 2 Survivors to send to Deathmatch.

Remember, the Top 3 will be added in [BCOLOR=#ffff00]Survivor's Hall of Fame. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Link to the thread:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]http://escaperestart.com/forum/threads/survivors-hall-of-fame.18318/[/BCOLOR]

Being in Survivor's Hall of Fame is amazing. But, it's much better to win it ALL. So stay focus on that 1st place!

Stay tuned!

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Ultimate Challenge

Since this will be the last and most important challenge of the season, I've decided to change it up.

This challenge will consist of 4 Mini-Challenges in total.

Each Mini-Challenge will be very different from each other.

1.) One will test your creativity.

2.) One will test your logic.

3.) One will test your luck and willing to take a risk or play it safe.

4.) One will test your gaming skills.

-------------------

This will be an ELIMINATION Challenge. Meaning that we're going to start with one of those 4 categories. The Survivor with the WORST score will be eliminated from the challenge. Then the 3 remaining Survivors will move on to the other category. And so on. Until there' s just 2 Survivors left to face in one of the other categories.

So the last Survivors left standing will be the winner of this Challenge and will win the power that comes with it! And secure himelf/herself a spot in the Final 3!

------------------

As you can see there's 4 categories, but you guys will only be playing 3 of them. Is YOUR choice to choose which ones to play and which one to leave to the side.

How will we decide which category will be first? By voting.

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]So please send me through PM which category you'll like to play first.[/BCOLOR]

The category with the most votes, will be the 1st Mini-Challenge to be played. In case of a tie, I'll randomize the ones that were tied!

I won't be revealing what each Mini-Challenge will be about. Not until you guys choose it to play it. All you know about them is what each of them will be testing you in.

MarsKid Runemen4 LunaJade ChronosStar524

Think about this very well!

Good Luck!​

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Gaming Challenge got 2 votes.
Creativity got 1.
Luck and willing to take a risk got 1.

--------------------

Gaming Challenge

Pix Hop

http://armorgames.com/pix-hop-game/18062?tag-referral=keyboard-only

Click this link.

Objective: Get the highest score.

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]The 3 Survivors with the highest score will move on. The Survivor with the lowest one, will be eliminated from this Challenge.[/BCOLOR]

You can try as many times as you wish.

Send me through PM a screenshot of your score, next to an escaperestart tab open next to it.

MarsKid LunaJade ChronosStar524 Runemen4

This is your last chance to win the very last and most important challenge of the season.

Good Luck!

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Gaming Challenge Results

The winner of this 1st Mini Challenge is... MarsKid!

-------------------

Scores:

1.) Marskid with 251,238
2.) Runemen4 with 150, 914
3.) ChronosStar524 with 27,664
4.) LunaJade with 26, 033

-------------------

Which means.... I'm sorry LunaJade, but you've been eliminated from this Challenge.

For now just wait and see what will happen.

Your game isn't over just yet!

---------------------

MarsKid, since you won the first Mini-Challenge then you get to choose the 2nd one.

1.) One will test your creativity.

2.) One will test your logic.

3.) One will test your luck and willing to take a risk or play it safe.

You can post your choice in this same thread.

MarsKid Runemen4 and ChronosStar524 all advance to the second mini challenge.

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Creative Challenge

For this challenge your job is to create a Super Villain.

I'll need:

-His/Her Super Villain name.

-His/Her appearance. (Physically describe me how your villain looks)

-His/Her personality. (How is your villain as a person)

-His/Her superpower. (And explain how it works)

- His/Her weakness (Explain why that's his/her weakness)

- The reason WHY he/she became a villain.

-----------------------

I'll need you to send me this through PM. Make sure you answer every thing I asked for.

[BCOLOR=#ffff00]Very important: Since this is a Creativity Challenge, then make sure you come up with NEW stuff. I don't want to see something I've seen before.[/BCOLOR]

At the end the 2 Survivors with the most creative/badass villains will advance to the final challenge. (I'll have people outside the game giving me their opinion as well, to help me make up my mind).

MarsKid ChronosStar524 Runemen4

Good Luck!

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Creative Challenge Results

The winner of this Challenge is... Runemen4!

-------------

Runner Up is... MarsKid!

Which means... ChronosStar524 wins last place. And sadly, is eliminated from this Challenge.

For now, wait next to @aika and see who wins this last Challenge. Your fate will be in either Marskid's or Runemen's hands. You aren't out of the season just yet!

----------------

Before I explain the reasons of why every one got 1st, 2nd and last place, let me just say that the three of you did an amazing job. I really loved each of your villains. Specially Runemen and Marskid, it was hard to choose a winner. The writing was exceptional. I can tell you all put a lot of thought to it. And for that, I thank you all. I can tell you all want to win bad!

*Remember that I said that people outside this game were going to give their opinion as well to help me decide*

I'll start with Runemen:

People fell in love with the concept of "Bookworm". They thought his superpower was very original. Not a single person told me "Oh I've heard of that one before". And that's exactly what I was looking for, something new and creative.

They liked how he uses this book called "Via Transformatio" to transform into any character he wishes.

The idea of technology being his weakness is genius. People ac tually were rooting for him and could relate because a lot of people out there still prefer books over reading it over the internet or kindle.

The backstory was great, too. And a great reason why he became a villain.

At the end, the people that helped me decide were actually rooting for Bookworm. Even though he's a villain, they actually wanted him to succeed.

You made an original and badass character. And you were smart enough to make it so people would love him. Despite him being evil. Clever.

Marskid

Out of the 3, your backstory was the best one. People (Including myself) enjoyed reading it. I had one guy say to me "Is this dude an author?"

Anyway, Sgt. James Hocking, AKA Talon was so perfectly described. One of the best parts was when he was captured and tortured by this terrorist group, and then later becoming this Cyborg-like creature. (Funny how both you and Runemen had terrorists in their stories).

The ONLY reason why Runemen won over you was due to the superpower. So let me explain: They liked how he uses his cyborg fingers to hack into security systems. Now, the downfall was this "cyborg" thing. It's not a bad idea, they did NOT dislike it. But I had people tell me, "Yeah, I've heard of half human and half cyborg before". They thought if you would've made it different. Like maybe not a cyborg but something else. Part human and part something else. Would've been perfect!

Like I said, story was a 10/10. Writing is indeed your strength, Marskid. It was really close.

ChronosStar524

Isabella Young, AKA Ether wasn't bad at all. But when you compare it to Marskid's and Runemen's Villain it just falls short.

They liked the whole"Decay" ability. That was amazing. But weren't too crazy about the "Regeneration" part. Thought it's something that it's been seen before.

Another plus was how she's so narcissistic. Loved the part when you said, "She wants the world to be as beautiful as she is"

Still, great job!

---------------------

Runemen4, since you won the Creative Challenge you get to choose the LAST Mini-Challenge that will decide the winner of this last challenge of the season.

It's between:

1.) One will test your logic.

OR

2.) One will test your luck or willing to take a risk or play it safe.

Send me a PM with yout choice.

-

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Here's everyone's villains by the way:

Runemen4

His name is Bookworm, as through out his life he was always described as one. He enjoyed people mentioning his love about books, it was his life, it was his passion, it was his dream and also his desires. Bookworm fit his description perfectly.

Not many people are truly sure how Bookworm looks like, some people say he may be a muscly guy who just has a passion for books and others describe him as just a nerdy kid. It's difficult to say or even see because of his superpower, which masked his original look by variations and differences between all of them.

He is quiet, which is understandable for a guy who spent his entire life in the library, constantly engrosed in books, it took the weight from his shoulders, and made him forget about his life. However, he will become furious after witnessing somebody with technology, as it made him weaker and less able to achieve his ambitions. Other than that, the main trait of his is his ability to be mysterious; being able to swiftly escape after finishing his task. He wants revenge on the modern world, and is continuously a threat to all, which really scares anyone who dares hear him flicking a page on a book.

After reading books for so long, he finally found a book which gave him a unique superpower. It allowed him to transform into the characters of the book, like turning into a wizard or even a terrorist; he adapted the character that he used depending on the situation. The book, which was called the "Via Transformatio" was extremely rare, sought after by many but was truly found by Bookwork after scouring the libararies of the world. He finally found the book which granted him super powers in a skip after its previous owner transformed into pain itself, dying an agonising death due to this. Bookworm finally achieved his dream, to become the characters he truly loved and cherished.

His biggest weakness is technology, due to it halting his abilities. You see, the "Via Transformatio" was created before technology itself; only existing in a time where books were staple. This creates a incompatability, disallowing Bookworm to transform or transform into simpler beings. Even though he once used a Kindle, he now has true hate to technology as it hampers his abilities. If he can't transform, then he can't be Bookworm.

Bullied, disgraced, lied to, forgotten. This was Bookworms daily life. Nobody cared about him, and teased him each and every day. However, books were the only escape into the world; it allowed his thoughts to wash away. He usually sat near a table where a girl used to sit. This girl was smart, funny, and beautiful and yet he was too scared to ask her out. He finally had the courage to at least ask her for a date until men masked in black entered; and put everyone as a hostage. Terrorism was common around those times, and it was common for a terrorist attack to happen at least every day. The brought the girl that he truly loved and cared for; and shot her in the head in front of her.

After that, the terrorists began to kill each person one by one; until there were only one left. Him. As they brought the gun to his head; the terrorists were shot down and killed. He saw many people die and he saw many people; who were innocent snuffed out of existance. The police were too late.

Bookworm was distraught, and finally rage set in. It granted him the perfect reason to not just have revenge on the terrorist group itself, but the wider goal of revenge of each person who dared to bully him. They all had to be cleansed, for him and also the future of books. He was insane, and slowly started to believe that technology was going to ruin his love for books.

They all had to be prevented, and removed for books were precious to Bookworm; and without them he wouldn't have existed. It was the bittersweet start to Bookworm's rein of terror on the modern world.

------------

ChronosStar524

Villain: Ether aka Isabella Young, 38, female.
Appearance:
Ghost-like with bluish-green smoke that surrounds her. It’s theorized that she is radioactive. If you didn't know any better, you'd be certain Ether wore nothing at all. She wears a mask with an alien pattern. The symbols glow in a rhythmic pattern.
Personality:
God-complex. They seem themselves as the highest form of life. Those who fail to see her point of view are unceremoniously disintegrated.
Delusional and megalomaniac: She honestly believe she's doing the world a favor by culling the inferior and weak.
Bipolar: Prone to extreme mood swings.
Superpower:
Decay: She releases a mist that consumes organic matter. Hydrochloric acid vapor is exhausted
Regeneration: Despite all attempts to kill her, she always manages to come back. (Her cells heal and decay at an ungodly rate. Genetic mutation caused by her accident)
Weakness:
Electricity causes her body to combust. The mist is ignited creating a massive inferno. It doesn’t stop her forever, but it sure does put a delay on her regenerative ability.
Vacuum: Like a dust bunny or a pokemon, you can just suck them up into a container.
Motive:
Kills those who aren’t ideal. They have to match her warped sense of perfection. She wants the world to be as beautifulas she is.

--------------

Marskid

Name: Sgt. James Hocking
Super-villain Alias: Talon
Appearance: Formerly a member of the United States Marine Corps., James still stays in top physical condition to the best of his ability. Standing around five foot ten, the well-built Hocking appears imposing no matter the size of his foe. His brown hair is kept at a strict, short length, leaving his face--characterized by piercing blue eyes that seem nearly white and sharp, defined cheekbones--exposed to any onlooker.

His skin tans easily and often appears darker in his typical clothing: Hocking always wears an unbuttoned black leather jacket with a hood that nearly dips over his eyes, silhouetting his features. Underneath his trademark jacket is a dark grey Special Ops. bulletproof vest, with his alias insignia--three red claw marks--painted in the center. He sports further armor underneath his dark green military trousers, with special plating placed under his jet-black athletic boots.

The most intriguing aspect of James, however, lies in his arms: covered up by specialized brown combat gloves and his jacket, the two limbs are actually entirely robotic. Held together by state-of-the-art steel plating, Hocking's arms and hands are high-end, experimental cyborg enhancements, with interlocking wires connected to his nervous system. These technological advancements give him full control of the arms.

Although made close to his normal body weight and adjustable to changing mass statistics, the metal can cause significant damage, and the fingers have retractable claws embedded inside them for close-quarters combat. Outside of this, James keeps a combat knife under his jacket as well as dual, automatic revolvers with steel plating and the Talon insignia. He carries more, depending on what his task is.

Personality: James prefers to remain a loner, many times refusing direct contact with clients or anyone he considers an ally. This is mainly to avoid unnecessary confrontation and keep himself safe in his chosen line of work, but it also coincides with his distaste for interaction. Hocking harbors a dislike for everyone naturally, making him very disagreeable, even with potential patrons. He also strongly distrusts anyone he knows, even those close to him, constantly making plans and conducting surveillance to ensure no one is prepared to betray him.

Privately, Hocking feels deep pain, often resorting to physically abusing his environment or himself to vent frustrations. Due to his persistence to not completely trust any individual, no one really knows his own troubles. Raised in a cold home and living in military life for a prolonged period of time, James generally refuses to show any 'weak' emotions, as such things can be exploited or show shortcomings in character.

However, James loves competition, especially when fighting against someone who seems equal to him. The work he does is the only thing he finds joy in and is known to crack jokes and get very involved in every job he does. He trains constantly to be the best at what he does and has a high opinion of his skill set, which consequently makes him very cocky and sure of himself.

There's not much else Hocking looks forward to. Money, to him, is more of a means to an end than a pleasure. It's a resource that can help him get new tools or training set-ups. With no real acquaintances, he has no one to love or care for. In his world, he has no problem with that.

Superpower: James has no typical superpower--no supernaturally-granted ability like super-strength, speed, x-ray vision or what have you. His talents lie within his assassination abilities, which are unrivaled among all across the world. When given a target, Hocking establishes a very clear timetable of his actions and rarely fails to meet them. Those that cross his path don't live to tell the tale. This notoriety makes him very feared despite his mortal-ness.

Although lacking the stereotypical superpower, James has an invaluable asset with his cyborg arms. This gives him much more strength than the average human being and makes him deadly to confront. However, these high-tech additions contain much more than just raw power; built inside each arm is an incredibly complex algorithm that essentially functions like a portable, top-of-the-line computer. This allows his arms to move faster than average, as well as his fingers.

Most importantly, his arm algorithm gives him the unique ability to break into essentially any facility by hacking into security systems, computers, what have you. So long as he can get his hands on it, his fingers can traverse through coding that would ordinarily take hours, days, even weeks and years. No matter how secure something is, Hocking can enter it easily; the computers inside him do most of the work on their own. Combined with his inherently great intelligence, Talon can enter and exit any given location without anyone being the wiser.

Combined with his cockiness, Talon's hacking abilities become especially dangerous. If he gets especially excited by a certain job or task, he may go off on his own to continue this 'high' (think of a runner's high, but for assassins). Any sort of facility is at his mercy and any kind of individual is entirely open to damage.

Weaknesses: As aforementioned, Talon is a mortal man despite his heavy armor--it is entirely possible for him to perish during a job or be executed in custody. His occasional tendency to be completely over-confident also renders him vulnerable to any opponent that can get the better of him at any given moment, taking advantage of his swagger and besting him in a fight despite his powerful abilities.

Backstory: James Hocking grew up in the rural Midwest, born into a very organized and unloving farming family. Although he was never punished harshly or treated poorly, James never received much care or attention from either parents, making the household very cold and emotionless. Not knowing how to deal with feelings--no one really raised him that well--he was the victim of constant teasing bred from miscommunication. This ingrained in Hocking the idea that any kind of expression of 'weak' emotion--sadness, depression, etc.--was the sign of an internal disadvantage that must be altered.

Wanting to find a way to stand up for himself and be useful somehow, James set his sight on the military from an early age, exercising and training intensely every day of the week. Come high school, he was a very buff figure, using his newfound size and strength to shrug off any bullying attempts. After a certain episode where he broke a few ribs in a confrontation with an upperclassman, many people gave him a wide berth and didn't interact with him whatsoever.

The army remained as a lighthouse in the dark. Seeing all the advertisements on TV and meeting with recruiters that came to his school, he got the feeling that he'd be able to put all his trust and whatever love he had into his work and country. When he got of age, he didn't hesitate--he joined the United States military and was quickly noticed for his almost abnormal success in drills and tasks, as well as his incredibly disciplined demeanor.

Hocking was eventually approached by a high-ranking army official that was scouting out potential talent for a high-stakes Marine Corps. mission. This secretive unit, composed of only three soldiers and known only to five other individuals, was given a singular objective: infiltrate a covert ISIS cell in Saudi Arabia by going undercover as American defects. The proposed plan was suicidal in scope, but James' explosive potential made him a very attractive candidate. At this point, he had become entirely indoctrinated into the military and thought of and had faith in nothing else. When given the details of the plan with such love and care, he didn't think for a second and immediately accepted the mission.

James was to be the front-runner of the operation while his two fellow soldiers acted as his contacts to the outside world. Surprisingly, the resourceful Hocking managed to enter into the terrorist group and became a full-fledged member, convincing those within it of his allegiance to the Islamic State. On more than one occasion, he had to prove loyalty by completing a series of trials. After 2 years acting undercover, he had been forced to kill 19 individuals--11 of them were American soldiers and citizens. James didn't think twice; the military gave him this mission and he did not distrust their sight.

However, things took a turn for the worse.

As it turned out, one of his American contacts had been compromised and was forced to evacuate the country. Fearing for his own discover, the other contact attempted to escape, but was discovered by ISIS sentries. When put under interrogation, the operative immediately gave up James Hocking as a false member in exchange for his own life. He was released into the desert to fight for himself and live with dishonor.

James was able to perceive the mission must have been blown and quickly left the ISIS compound. He established contact with the previously departed contact, who informed him that he had been turned over by the other colleague. There was now intense activity across all of the nation's borders and airports, searching for the American agent. Hocking was able to converse with the mission leader, who advised him to lie low while a rescue team was sent in to retrieve him. James believed the commander and remained hidden in Saudi Arabia for the next five months.

Distressed by the lack of contact and passage of time, he risked a chance to contact base once more. He was given the same answer--wait for a rescue team. James once more kept faith in the military and waited for another two months. Then, he was suddenly reached by his surviving contact, who informed him of the 'States true intentions: Hocking was to be stranded in Saudi Arabia until eventually killed by ISIS soldiers. His army records and anything documenting the mission he was involved in had been erased. Public statements had already been prepared in the event his death became public, which denied him ever being a part of the military at all. His existence had essentially been wiped.

Disillusioned by this breach in trust, James become frozen in his hideout and found he was unable to move. He had grown so shocked and in denial that he just couldn't utter a sound or move a single muscle. ISIS members would storm his compound and take him captive without a fight; Hocking didn't do anything to stop the capture. He saw his death as an inevitability. The life he had was now lost and the only thing he cared for back-stabbed him. All his training and trust was thrown away.

As punishment for his covert operation, James was given a unique execution: his arms were tied down to a table and his mouth was gagged while a terrorist stood by his side with a ceremonial blade. After a camera was set up to film the proceedings, the cell leader read the charges aloud. Promptly afterwards the sword was brought down and severed both his arms. The intense pain shot throughout his entire body and blood seemed to dominate his entire vision. Any screams of pain were muffled by the gag, which nearly suffocated him.

Satisfied, the group stranded James out in the desert, leaving him to bleed out in the sand and die experiencing excruciating. It was what they deemed fair punishment for his actions. Abandoned by what he loved and made anonymous to the world, Hocking grew numb and came to grips with a fate that had been unceremoniously put upon him.

James would be miraculously saved by an unlikely face--the contact that had been captured by the terrorist group and left to expire in the desert. Against all odds, he had been able to reach a small village that contained a small American army unit, stationed secretly in the case of emergency. These men could have theoretically saved Hocking from execution, but the mission commander didn't contact them and opted to leave James for dead, fearing public-relations backlash.

Upon arriving at the base, the doctors present immediately perceived Hocking's dire conditions and worked their best to save him. He had lost so much blood during the filmed punishment that he was expected to die with the hour. Yet, James seemingly refused to die and persevered. Medics were stunned at this unnatural case and continued to operate. The base would send reports back to the U. S., which eventually reached the mission commander. Realizing Hocking had survived, he decided to take action to make use of the situation: reviving a discarded military project code-named Talon, the general gave the green light for high-level scientists to proceed to the Saudi Arabian base and attempt to accomplish the goals of the project.

Talon was a very futuristic and forward-thinking concept that involved cybernetically enhancing United States soldiers to increase their effectiveness in battle. Hocking's unique case made him a prime choice for guinea pig; U. S. scientists would transport state-of-the-art cyborg technology and install it on James, making him superior to the average combatant by a sizable amount. The test had never been conducted due to the ethical implications, but since James no longer 'existed,' the conditions seemed perfect for a trial-run.

James Hocking would be unconscious for over a three during this procedure, somehow still alive from his wounds. Further astounding was the success of Project Talon: after intense laboring, the scientists had seemingly installed the arm attachments. The only thing left was to awake the patient to fully test the results. The mission commander advised using secretive military technology designed to delete portions of memory from an individual. He did this under the excuse that it would help the patient cope with his current state of life--he couldn't reveal to the scientists Hocking's true purpose in Saudi Arabia. He also arranged for the assassination of the contact that saved James in the first place, wishing to sweep as much as he could under the carpet.

However, Hocking would regain consciousness much sooner than previous calculations had determined. The memory wipe did not occur yet; James still lived with the betrayal dealt him and the uncontrollable anger that went with it. He knew nothing of where he was, why he was still alive, or anything. All he knew was that he suddenly had robotic arms, still felt indescribable pain, and felt a rage that could not be silenced.

After hearing the commotion, the doctor and scientist collective investigated Hocking's room to check on his condition. James reacted instantly, functioning solely on primal survival--he had no more trust for anyone in his life. With a cry, he charged at the team, the claws in his hands releasing. It happened too fast for anyone to react; former military hero and operative James Hocking massacred people that worked to save his life and worked for the country that had abandoned him.

His military contact witnessed the destruction and attempted to escape. Fueled by rage at the soldier's betrayal and not knowing how he saved him, Hocking sprinted after him and dismembered him in a similar manner, brutally mauling the man. The entire camp was set on high alert and tried to contain the aftermath of Project Talon, but the resourceful Hocking had decided to put all of his care into nothing else but survival; after a frantic battle, the unit had been entirely decimated by the lone operative, spurred by a fit of rage that could not be contained.

Lost, alone, and confused, Hocking screamed to the heavens, lying down on the hot desert floor, covered head-to-toe in blood and scratches. There was nothing left in his world except for himself and these arms. He began to realize exactly what he did, and then he quickly realized the sudden gift he had been given. A group of highly-trained soldiers were at his mercy, all because of this new life he had been granted. He had been super-powered, a force of nature. A great feeling of purpose replaced his rage; these new tools could finally be useful.

Continuing on his path of revenge and imbued with a new sensation of confidence, Hocking proceeded to the ISIS compound he had initially been tasked with destroying. Along the way, he began to discover more and more about the talents given to him by these enhancements: he figured out the unnatural hacking ability, the super-strength, and the speed augment. James worked with terrifying precision, tearing through the camp until he was able to dispatch of the cell leader with the same ceremonial sword that almost took his own life.

The gore-stained spree gave Hocking something new to put his faith into: himself. He had all the power that he ever needed and all the comfort and skill needed. These arms gave him the ability to do whatever he chose to do, and he couldn't betray himself. It was a natural conclusion--if the world wouldn't let him be useful and give him trust, he'd turn that all in on himself.

James would investigate into the origins of his strange circumstances, eventually uncovering the documents regarding Project Talon. Amazed at the high-tech requirements he had and in love with the possibilities they gave to him, James decided to discard his name along with the rest of his being--the military already got rid of his life anyways. From that point forward, he adopted the title of the initiative as a badge of pride, henceforth functioning as his codename.

Talon had nothing left to his name other than his skills and the love he had for them. To find any joy and purpose in life, he turned to using his arms as an assassin-for-hire. Killing gave him a thrill that could not be matched by anything else in the world. Using the infamy and rumors that arose from the discovery of the bloodied American camp and the ISIS compound, Talon made a name for himself in the international underground, becoming something of a myth in popular culture.

Now, James Hocking sells his talents to anyone willing to pay the price. He stays true to the name of Talon--he will cut through any target and any system to do what he is paid to do. To be put into his sights is a sure sign of imminent death. The project that gave him life is now the word that inspires absolute fear and mystery. Although mortal, Talon has become a beast worthy of the classics.

He refuses to forget the pain that was dealt to him, however. When given the opportunity, he works to dismantle the organization that gave him these arms. With every day, he inches closer and closer to finishing the revenge that still resides in his heart.

Maybe, with every day, he gets closer to you, too. Who knows if you're a target or not? And if you are, well... there's no hiding from Talon.​

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Logic/Thinking Challenge

If you see this, ignore the question and send me through PM: Immunity.
--------------------

You're going to imagine that you have a highlighter in your hand. There's a book right in front of you. And a couple of words grab your attention:

A.) Aesthete

B.) Cenotaph

C.) Luscious

D.) Pyrrhic

Which word would you choose to highlight?

--------------------

Send me through PM your answer.

Remember, THINK.

Whoever wins this last challenge will secure himself a spot in the Final 3, and will win the power that comes with it!

Runemen4 MarsKid

Good Luck.

• Optimistic

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
Vote For Me

Since none of them could figure out the previous challenge, I've decided to change it. Both Marskid and Runemen4 agreed. So here it is:

You're both going to imagine you're running for president. You need to come up with a clever 2-sentence slogan. In those 2 sentence you need to convince me WHY you would be a good president and why I should vote for you.

-That sogan NEEDS to rhyme.

-Be original/creative. Don't be like "Vote for me, I'm the best." Because trust me that you won't win with something like that.

-CONVINCE ME. Make sure that slogan is strong enough to actually make me vote for you.

Send me a PM with your slogan.

MarsKid Runemen4

Please try to send it in the next 1-2 days.

Good Luck!

• Haha