Supernatural Hotel [Finished]

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Also-- if you're going to start up Mafia sign-ups soon, can the organisers do it at a time that's suitable for those living in the Southern Hemisphere. As well as saving me a spot because I work at a ridiculous hour and don't finish till the afternoon.

PLEEEEEASE

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Or, the next host could announce a time + date at which the Signups will start. so you don't have to guess/be awake to see it. Sounds good to me. That way you know when you can expect the signups.
I think I'll start doing that next time I host!

I will just need to be careful about delaying it, since right before I post the signup form I always find *something* to need to improve on xD.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
  • Winner
Reactions: Hunter

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Also-- if you're going to start up Mafia sign-ups soon, can the organisers do it at a time that's suitable for those living in the Southern Hemisphere. As well as saving me a spot because I work at a ridiculous hour and don't finish till the afternoon.

PLEEEEEASE
If timezones become an issue everywhere a host could stop accepting positions on first come and instead randomly select people into the game. This would definitely remove all timezone bias but might breed some forum inactivity by allowing less active people into the game.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
If timezones become an issue everywhere a host could stop accepting positions on first come and instead randomly select people into the game. This would definitely remove all timezone bias but might breed some forum inactivity by allowing less active people into the game.
My more advanced games are hosted on an invite basis, with more experienced players being more likely to be chosen.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
My more advanced games are hosted on an invite basis, with more experienced players being more likely to be chosen.
I don't like this idea that much. One of the cool things I've enjoyed about mafia is the ability to say how awesome these games are and invite friends. Also how do we expect new players to get experienced if we don't allow them to play?

Besides this it could also lead to the exact same people going against each other every game. ( this already happens to an extent but at least there is some variety in having a larger pool of potential players than excluding it to just the most experienced.

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I don't like this idea that much. One of the cool things I've enjoyed about mafia is the ability to say how awesome these games are and invite friends. Also how do we expect new players to get experienced if we don't allow them to play?

Besides this it could also lead to the exact same people going against each other every game. ( this already happens to an extent but at least there is some variety in having a larger pool of potential players than excluding it to just the most experienced.
Bear in mind that my games are also a lot smaller, and not meant for new players due to the setups being either extremely formulaic or very confusing.

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score

I have a plan to avoid that situation ;).

Alisha

Mafia Host
Mafia Mod
Reaction score
Remember that each host can open up their signups whenever they want. I can't speak for everyone else, but next time I host I'll change up the timing.

Ultimately since we all live in different places, not everyone can be pleased for every time. Personally I will make an effort for my next game, even if it requires waking up at 3am to post it and going back to sleep :p.

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Remember that each host can open up their signups whenever they want. I can't speak for everyone else, but next time I host I'll change up the timing.

Ultimately since we all live in different places, not everyone can be pleased for every time. Personally I will make an effort for my next game, even if it requires waking up at 3am to post it and going back to sleep :p.
It's fine if it's not everytime, but seeing that virtually EVERYTHING in this community is American time based, it would be nice to have something that was a good time for Australians, or really just any other timezone, for once.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net

Well we always have mafiascum.net to play there, then link a few mafia games to Prizyms and have him pick us :3
Also i think we can easily have multiple mafia games here.

Status
Not open for further replies.