Status
Not open for further replies.

superhalo6

Reaction score
In-game username:
Superhalo6

Time-zone:

GMT +0100

How much time will you be able to spend staffing the server each day?

4-6 hours. (Unless I have to go to somewhere urgently I would inform you if I couldn't be there)

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?

Operators need to enforce the rules of the server and follow them to the strictly, as they are expected to uphold the rules to a greater extent than a regular player, they should also be expected to be calm and clear headed in times of stress or controversy, remain civil and polite.
They should also remain knowledgeable of rule changes and policies introduced to the server.
Operators need to keep the chat free from spam or people attempting to irritate others through various means, not let it become extremely vulgar and hateful due to disagreements with subjects of sensitivity, like religion and politics.
They should keep the server friendly and welcoming for players new and old by not letting offensive remarks based on race, gender or religion happen.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I have had plenty of experience in various small servers in which I have dealt with stressful situations, and I also have helped find glitches (Corner glitch for example) and have helped find ways out of the lobby as well (Which I will show where it was if you want)

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff?

I may be a bit to lax when it comes to punishments and are a bit to sympathetic with people when they do things wrong.
I also may accidentally offend people when I make a joke remark.
I may also take criticism or opinions about me a bit to strongly.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

If it is a problem I am unfamiliar with I would try and find out what caused it or how it happened.

What previous experience staffing on Blocktopia servers do you have?

I have not had any previous experience.

References: std1997, Ragetastic96 and Calfish

Last edited:

Ragetastic96

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Your answers to the questions are pretty good. I wish you would have made your questions or answers bold to differentiate. Also - while I'm being picky - you should have kept all the sentences in paragraph form instead of entering down to a new line after every sentence, unless you were intending to make it look like a list (In which case you should have used bullets). :confused: :p

ANYWAY, you are a fun player, very active, and you seem to have a good grasp of what it takes to be an operator. Your lack of experience may be of a concern to some of the others, but you got to start somewhere, right? Your long history as a player has likely given you some insight into what operator's deal with. We will, of course, train you during your trial to handle situations you aren't familiar with accordingly. ;)

Good luck! +1 for a trial.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: superhalo6

std1997

Stitch
Donor
Reaction score
To be honest, I expected more from you in this application. Your answers are correct but I feel you could've added more and worded this better or at least made it look better. This application looks like you typed it out in 10 minutes and put it up.

Now to start off. I referenced you because I've seen you on the server and the suggestion forum and you've shown yourself to be resourceful and helpful around the server via chat and on forums. I've also noticed you seem to have a different style of handling things then any Operator we currently have and I'm extremely anxious to see how you'll work as a trial staff member.

Moving on,

Operators need to enforce the rules of the server and follow them to the strictly
Unless I'm mistaken. As an Operator, we understand and follow the rules liberally and enforce them by the spirit of the rules. Not the exact word unless of course it's plainly spelled out "DO NOT DO THIS". I merely wanted to point this out to you because I didn't want you to be confused when you began your trial and you find out we aren't exactly the rule huggers you seem to think we are.

Moving onto another part again,
I may be a bit to lax when it comes to punishments and are a bit to sympathetic with people when they do things wrong.
How to handle punishments and the such will be covered as the course of your trial goes on so I wouldn't be too worried about it. and I hope that you'll be able to learn to enforce these punishments to the utmost. I'm also slightly confused as to what you mean by sympathetic with people when they do things wrong. It seems to me like you're saying you agree with why they did it but feel sorry they got in trouble for it? That's merely my interpretation of what you're trying to say anyways.

And once again,
If it is a problem I am unfamiliar with I would try and find out what caused it or how it happened.
Your fellow staff is there for a reason! Use our experience and knowledge. Let us help you in situations or issues you don't understand because we can help you or at least advise you on what to or not to do. I'm also hoping that over the course of your trial that you'll learn/notice that we are a team. When you become an Operator, it's not just you, yourself, and I. it's a team of 10+ volunteers working together to make a server better.

With all that said, I feel like my concerns are with how you worded things or didn't on your application. From what I've seen on the server, you've proven yourself to be ready for an Operator Trial and I'm excited. No, anxious. to see what you'll do as an Operator on our server. I'd also like to point out that an application does not withhold you from getting a trial but it is a way of letting us see how professional you can act which I think you failed in doing so. With your application withstanding, I feel you're ready otherwise so take a +1 from me.

Best of luck on your application and hopefully upcoming trial,

std1997

• Thank You

superhalo6

Reaction score
To be honest, I expected more from you in this application. Your answers are correct but I feel you could've added more and worded this better or at least made it look better. This application looks like you typed it out in 10 minutes and put it up.

Now to start off. I referenced you because I've seen you on the server and the suggestion forum and you've shown yourself to be resourceful and helpful around the server via chat and on forums. I've also noticed you seem to have a different style of handling things then any Operator we currently have and I'm extremely anxious to see how you'll work as a trial staff member.

Moving on,

Unless I'm mistaken. As an Operator, we understand and follow the rules liberally and enforce them by the spirit of the rules. Not the exact word unless of course it's plainly spelled out "DO NOT DO THIS". I merely wanted to point this out to you because I didn't want you to be confused when you began your trial and you find out we aren't exactly the rule huggers you seem to think we are.

Moving onto another part again,

How to handle punishments and the such will be covered as the course of your trial goes on so I wouldn't be too worried about it. and I hope that you'll be able to learn to enforce these punishments to the utmost. I'm also slightly confused as to what you mean by sympathetic with people when they do things wrong. It seems to me like you're saying you agree with why they did it but feel sorry they got in trouble for it? That's merely my interpretation of what you're trying to say anyways.

And once again,

Your fellow staff is there for a reason! Use our experience and knowledge. Let us help you in situations or issues you don't understand because we can help you or at least advise you on what to or not to do. I'm also hoping that over the course of your trial that you'll learn/notice that we are a team. When you become an Operator, it's not just you, yourself, and I. it's a team of 10+ volunteers working together to make a server better.

With all that said, I feel like my concerns are with how you worded things or didn't on your application. From what I've seen on the server, you've proven yourself to be ready for an Operator Trial and I'm excited. No, anxious. to see what you'll do as an Operator on our server. I'd also like to point out that an application does not withhold you from getting a trial but it is a way of letting us see how professional you can act which I think you failed in doing so. With your application withstanding, I feel you're ready otherwise so take a +1 from me.

Best of luck on your application and hopefully upcoming trial,

std1997
I appreciate your honesty but I did spend a rather long time on this, and through making it I was chopping and changing to fit opinions of staff I asked and I even rewrote it once and rewrote a section before posting this, and coupled with lack of sleep it became this.

X__x

Resident Zombie
Reaction score
Lets get this started, shall we? (It kinda took me a while, what with distractions everywhere, so I apologize for my delay in responding)

What do you think the responsibilities of an operator are on this server?

Operators need to enforce the rules of the server and follow them to the strictly, as they are expected to uphold the rules to a greater extent than a regular player, they should also be expected to be calm and clear headed in times of stress or controversy, remain civil and polite.
They should also remain knowledgeable of rule changes and policies introduced to the server.
Operators need to keep the chat free from spam or people attempting to irritate others through various means, not let it become extremely vulgar and hateful due to disagreements with subjects of sensitivity, like religion and politics.
They should keep the server friendly and welcoming for players new and old by not letting offensive remarks based on race, gender or religion happen.
Fundamentally, yeah. Enforcing the rules is absolute, yes, but strictly drives players away. If we're too strict, players dislike the server. If we're too lenient, players think they can get away with anything. Keeping things happy and calming is the best route to go. Though it's not likely for you to remain 100% calm and level-headed in all situations. Everyone has an irritate-me button somewhere, it's just a matter of finding it.

What sets you apart from other applicants?

I have had plenty of experience in various small servers in which I have dealt with stressful situations, and I also have helped find glitches (Corner glitch for example) and have helped find ways out of the lobby as well (Which I will show where it was if you want)
Smaller servers help to a point, but there can be more problems than you'd expect with a more popular server. How well are you able to respond with about five or six players asking for help and throwing a fit when you don't answer back immediately? It can be pretty overwhelming at first, if you're alone. :s

What do you believe your greatest weaknesses are as a player and/or staff?

I also may accidentally offend people when I make a joke remark.
I may also take criticism or opinions about me a bit to strongly.
I've been learning lately that people have been going off the deep-end as far as jokes are concerned, so keeping them to a minimum seems .. more ideal? As far as taking criticism goes, it's fine as long as it doesn't impede your ability to work as an Operator. Keeping calm, as I mentioned, isn't expected 100% of the time. We're only human, so it's natural that we'd get a bit touchy about certain subjects or remarks.

As for your laxness towards punishment, I know what you mean. I felt unsure whether or not I should follow through on issuing the command to kick someone or to issue a ban. I used to go on a WKKB system (warn, kick, kick, ban) when I did staffing elsewhere. Fortunately, it's not as difficult to understand for here. You'll definitely learn a way to operate and handle the server, should you get trial operator.

How would you approach a problem that you are unfamiliar with?

Normally, the better answer is to ask a fellow staff member for help. Sometimes you need to work on these problems quickly as to not hold up the round for something usually simple. Unless it's something that is above your ability to fix, that is. If this is the case, just as a VetOp+ for help. We'll always be around for this.

As far as anything else concerns me, I do see you on often. You can be helpful when the time calls for it, but I don't always see your helping another player. That hasn't stood out to me all that much, really. I'm going with a +1, but I'll be watching for as of tomorrow. Get yourself to stand out to me greatly so I can fix it to a biiiiig +1 for you. :p

Good luck, Superhalo~

• Thank You

Tamzies

Reaction score
I am so busy with everything, so sorry for my late response. I think the largest part is already explained to you, but here am I. :-) Your application is not what I thought you would make, it looks rushed and there is a lot of repetition of words. You are very active and fun to be around with, when you asked for a Ref you were really mature and professional. Even the email you send me that you did not need my reference showed a lot of maturity. That is why I was shocked with your application, it looks nothing like what you show us in game.

I have seen you helping people in game and I think you would benefit from a trial. I haven't watched you as long as I would like, but I am confident that you can fur fill this function. You state three weaknesses, but nothing that goes deeper with them, or what you do when something like that would happen. What would you do when you make a joke that 'goes bad'. I would love to see that in your application or maybe in a response. In game or under this application.

The fact that you were tired and you still made this, shows some dedication to the server, but if you are not fully into something like this. (tired) I think it is better if you then wait a day and get some good sleep and post it the next day. It would look better then.

Anyways +1 from me, you deserve at least a trial.

Goodluck!

Tamzies Out!

• Thank You

superhalo6

Reaction score
What would you do when you make a joke that 'goes bad'.
Well I would consider the proper course of action to apologize/do something to show I wasn't purposely being mean, like a small gift or present ingame.

I'll clarify I wouldn't always give a small gift or present, just incase I feel that there are still hard feelings.

Last edited:

Calfish

A&T Fiesh
Reaction score
Hello superhalo, it took me a while to think. First of all, I gave you my reference because I thought you'd be something different than our current staff. In a proper way. I like you, but it sometimes looks like you try too hard to be helpful, it looks somewhat forced. You're also pretty argumentive which could lead to both bad and good things. I don't see alot of risk in this unless the bad part comes out. Your application could've been better, even with a little bolding here and there and a layout upgrade but I'm not a king at it myself so I'm not going to judge it that way.

Everything about the content of your application has probably been said by my lovely fellow members of the staff and I will not go into it any further. Altogether I'd like to give it a go. Have a +1 from me. Make it count.

• Thank You

superhalo6

Reaction score
Hello superhalo, it took me a while to think. First of all, I gave you my reference because I thought you'd be something different than our current staff. In a proper way. I like you, but it sometimes looks like you try too hard to be helpful, it looks somewhat forced. You're also pretty argumentive which could lead to both bad and good things. I don't see alot of risk in this unless the bad part comes out. Your application could've been better, even with a little bolding here and there and a layout upgrade but I'm not a king at it myself so I'm not going to judge it that way.

Everything about the content of your application has probably been said by my lovely fellow members of the staff and I will not go into it any further. Altogether I'd like to give it a go. Have a +1 from me. Make it count.
Really never made an application before so I just winged it, and could you tell me on how some things I have done to be helpful seem a bit forced?

And I did try to see what others thought of it and asked opinions from staff (While not trying to shift the blame, applications aren't really my strong suit then)

Last edited:

cooliorules

That Awkward Noodle
Donor
Reaction score
Honestly wasn't expecting this.
I don't get to see you online much, but when I do you honestly haven't stood out to me. From my fellow staff, you seem to be helpful and willing to give your time to this, so it seems it's just bad luck.
I'll be voting 0 on this. Good luck!

• Thank You

Toiletprincess

The Eternal Dinosaur
Reaction score
Though already mentioned, I can see how people can criticise you on your application, but don't let that get you down. You've seemed helpful and nice enough online, but unfortunately I haven't seen you recently though the comments on here aren't negative towards your behaviour, so that's a good sign. I'll have to go with a 0 due to lack of seeing you in a while, but good luck on the rest of your application.

• Thank You

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
The staff have come to the consensus that we would like to see more from you before we would consider allowing you a trial.

You application is currently denied for this and several of the above reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.