Super_Goku's Operator apply V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
In-game username: Super_Goku
Staff references (Op+): Terre936
Other Blocktopia staff experience (present and past): Classic TNT Trusted, Premium TNT Trusted, JtE Trusted and JtE Operator
How would you describe the responsibility and obligation of the rank you apply for: If you are chosen to be an Operator, you have been chosen because you have been found mature and helpful enough, as an Op you have to be able to tackle problems quickly and make quick decisions on the spot. You have to deal with Modrequests and help the server in general. Operators have to be a rolemodel for normal players on the server, giving an example to people how things have to be done. Answering questions is also a thing Operators do.
Assume that there are more applicants and can only pick one of them, why you?: I have been staff before, an Operator too so I know what I’m getting into, having been a staff member multiple times gives me a fair bit of knowledge of how commands work and how to deal with a lot of situations. I can also be a pretty creative guy who can come up with some ideas for things if needed. I know most of the Prism commands and most of the other commands, and for the commands I do not know, I will pick up fast, I’m a quick learner.

What is your most noticeable weakness, and how will you work to fix it: I think my biggest weakness is this: When something happens to someone else, I can respond and take care of the problem no worries, but if the same were to happen to me, I would start getting angry, I think I can work on this by “controlling” myself a bit more.

Tell us about yourself in less than 200 words: I’m a 16 year old teenager from Belgium, my hobbies are swimming, doing musicals and gaming and going out from time to time. I have a little brother and sister, I am single at the moment and I have been in the community for over 2 years now. In school I do IT’ing and I enjoy that a lot, I love listening to Rock, Punk and Soul music.

If you have any extra information you’d like to share, please do so here: Just a thank you for reading this application and also a thank you for everyone who has staffed with me in the past and made me who I am today. Had I not joined this community and became a staff member a few times, I wouldn’t be who I am today. Also, I really want to become an Operator again, I loved being it and I enjoyed helping people with it.

Ones again, thanks for reading,

- Michaël (Goku)

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
Right, let's get straight to the point.

Goku, DoD is already a very popular server. To this end we need the very best of who is available. Much like your original application, you're not the only person wishing to join our staff team, so we must be as critical as possible to ensure the most effective staff team. To this end we have to especially consider your helpfulness and activity in DoD thus far. While the argument for timezones can be made, I myself do stay up fairly late, so I see you logged in occasionally. However, I do not believe I've seen you even once helping others. Your past experience is noteworthy, but you resigned your rank after holding it for only a short period of time. (Barely even 1 month!) I'm a bit bothered that you may be able to do the job, but that you might not be willing to do it. And on a server such as this, that's a very big problem.

Ultimately, I feel as if you still need more time to get balance and utilize your time. I'm going to vote -1 on this application, but best of luck regardless.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I understand your points. I resigned from my Operator Rank because I didn't think I would be able to handle it with school, I was wrong, I'm able to do it, and if you give me the chance I will prove this to you! Also, staffing is something really enjoy doing! I really want to do it again and as I said in my app, I will give it my all!

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Overall strong application. I enjoy your non-US staff timezone, gives us a fuller spectrum of coverage time-wise on the server. You seem mature on the server, and (a tad) helpful, with staff experience to back that up. As said by Bib, the only negative point is the resignation. But for me to tick you off on this is basically the same scenario of calling pot calling the kettle black. 0 for now.

Zippywins

Dusk of Discordia VetOp
Reaction score
I honestly dont know what to say here, when on JTE you did great as staff, but i dont see you at all on DoD with a few exceptions, but i know your potential..... 0 for now will change later if i see you being a little more helpful on the server

• Agree
Reactions: Undefined User 7

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Im sorry if this turns out a bit harsh

On much I pretty much agree with Biblius
So ill start with the past, JtE.
You staffed very long there, as a trusted, but right after you got Operator you just vent inactive, while this do worry me a bit, its not a such a big problem.

On DoD now, you are a player. You are a good player, but I think you are just a player. I have never seen you help out in the chat at all, dont get me wrong, you are a great guy, but you are not quite there for staff yet.

sorry, -1

crashb23

The Rising Star
Reaction score
I am very torn by this app. On one side, I know you were a very dedicated trusted on JtE, and you show a lot of enthusiasm towards staffing. However, you spent 6 months as a trusted mostly because you never did anything to stand out. Part of staffing is going out of your way to help people, such as a player new to Minecraft or the server, and doing more than just answering their question. However, I'm willing to bet that you've learned from your experiences, and are ready for this rank. +1

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
From the little I've seen of you I can't really judge if you'd be a good staff member or not. You don't really stand out to me in the chat as somebody with potential staffing qualities - sadly I'm going to have to go with a 0.

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Well, as of now I will be going with a 0 Goku and here is why:

You and me both were staff on JtE were quite a while, most of that time as Trusteds. You did a fine job, and I your application proves you understand the position well and I feel you could easily make a great Operator again. My issue is, I feel you are honestly rushing into this somewhat. I remember the first time I was on the server with you, but a few days after it opened you asking for a reference. I'm glad to see you want to help, but at the same point you just haven't stood out immensely on the server. Do I think you could get the position someday? Sure. But today, I will go with a 0.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
Okay, I understand what all of you are saying, and maybe I did rush into it, mainly because being staff is one hell of a great time to have, but judging from most of your responses, I don't think I'm ready for it. So I guess I'm going to widraw my application and start watching the points all of you have said. I still want to thank you all for replying and I will apply again in the future, when I think I'm more ready. So with all this said, I widraw my app.

• Thank You
Reactions: Danni122112
Status
Not open for further replies.