Super Hostile Series

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
duffieshirayuki.deviantart.com
Type of Map(s):
Super Hostile / Survival​
Link to the Map(s):
Why do you think these map(s) will make a good addition?
These maps are highly difficult, giving the hardcore challenges most people would adore. Even though they are hard to play, they are plentiful and full of different oportunities; as well as a freeroaming aspect while you complete the main challenge, that being to complete the Trophy Monument.​
Have these map(s) been tested thoroughly? (Proof if possible!)
On the second post of the thread including the maps in the above link, there are a list of videos available for the proof of (the difficulty and) being tested by many people.​
Note:
Some of the maps are currently updating to 1.2. If these maps get submitted to the server, I would suggest waiting for the 1.2 updates before officially adding them to the server.​

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
What this map does well:
They are really thought out, well made, and beautiful maps. I have seen tons of videos about these maps, and I can personally say they look amazing. The objective is well explained, and the maps all provide a unique feel to them, but with the same classic objectives. They also add a very nice variety to the server, because of the unique free-roam gamestyle. The map-creator also hid many secrets into the map, all very well made and thought out.

What this map doesn't do so well:
Some maps are really just huge, and might cause lag to some players. They can also take a lot of times, much more then 1-2 sessions, which might tick a few players off.

Should this map be accepted?
Yes

Extra Comments:
Ohi.

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Great maps, although some are really long and HUGE. If the server could handle them, which I think they could, I think they would be a great addition. The server could even have it's own section of Super Hostile maps.
UltimateBudgie expected the Reddit competition maps to be these, actually. :p

I also agree on having its own section. There are just so many maps that it should have its own section. :laugh:

Some users might lag from them, so there might need to be a warning around them that these maps are big and may cause lag.
Indeed, though it could also be said with some of our current maps. :p

chris360kss

Titless
Reaction score
Ah.

I was suggesting the first 10 mainly, considering those are apart of the "Super Hostile / Survival" aspect. :p

The others could always be added, but they don't fit the "Survival" part of the suggestion, more PvP / Other.
Ohhhhh

Ill make another thread then :D

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
Vechs said:
Did you know that with the Minecraft 1.2 update, Minecraft has a new world save format? It is causing problems with some pre-1.2 custom maps, including many of mine. Try using Minecraft 1.1 until I am able to upgrade the maps to work with the new Minecraft 1.2 format.

I am gradually updating my maps as my free time permits. Any map that is Version 3.x is using the new ANVIL format and should work with Minecraft 1.2. If you want to play using Minecraft 1.1, please look in the "Previous Versions and Old Maps" folder and use a Version 2.x or 1.x of a map. Thanks!

Super Hostile 10 The Spellbound Caves is my newest map -- download it here! Remember to use Minecraft 1.1, until the new ANVIL world format can be supported. Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: Dragosh

Duffie

Reaction score
Website
We have quite a few RFW maps and I'm sure a CTM map will do just fine. My only question is; can these maps be completed in just 1 playing session? I was under the impression they were extremely long D:
You make a valid point.

I mainly wanted these maps onto the server for the purpose of playing it with multiple people, but I am not sure if it is possible to play it all in one sitting.

Dragosh

Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
I'll be adding one of the maps, and if users respond positively, then we can continue to add more of them. Thanks for submitting this!

After much review, this map has been Approved, and will be added to the server on the next restart!
Thank-you for this awesome submission/suggestion!