Suggestions: This is the place to put 'em

Nightowl

Reaction score
Since my last map did not get accepted (sad face), I'm taking ideas for another map! That last one was basically all my brain could conjure up, so until it is recharged I need some suggestions!
Go on, you know you want to.

Nightowl

Reaction score
I only need a map setting like the alps or a pyramid, just something new you want to see in AoD.

Nightowl

Reaction score
Alright, after some time thinking, procrastination, and other "things", I've got a pretty good idea on what I want my map to be like. All I need to know now is where to build it. When I submitted my last map, 4x, a lot of people were bummed that it wasn't made in Buildbox (for easy transfere and observing I'd assume). I'm considering doing that except that 1. I won't have MCEdit at my side (although I believe worldedit is availible which is just as fine) and 2. I have no idea what happened to Buildbox. Everything is new and I don't know how to get permissions for a plot.
So which would you prefer: Singleplayer or Buildbox?
(and PLEASE tell me how Buildbox works now!)

w.dubiyou.w

Reaction score
Alright, after some time thinking, procrastination, and other "things", I've got a pretty good idea on what I want my map to be like. All I need to know now is where to build it. When I submitted my last map, 4x, a lot of people were bummed that it wasn't made in Buildbox (for easy transfere and observing I'd assume). I'm considering doing that except that 1. I won't have MCEdit at my side (although I believe worldedit is availible which is just as fine) and 2. I have no idea what happened to Buildbox. Everything is new and I don't know how to get permissions for a plot.
From my experience I would personally chose singleplayer over buildblox. Buildblox has certain restrictions that are kind of odd and the only way to get over those restrictions are to become a builder, Although it is fairly easy to become builder.

In single player the world is yours and you can download a bunch of mods to help you. When I made my map (uncharted) I used World Painter. Such a useful tool and im 99.9% sure it would be impossible to implement into buildblox. The only problem in Single Player is the loneliness. Its very quiet and youre working by yourself. Whereas in Buildbox theres a nice chat you can jump in and out of.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
From my experience I would personally chose singleplayer over buildblox. Buildblox has certain restrictions that are kind of odd and the only way to get over those restrictions are to become a builder, Although it is fairly easy to become builder.

In single player the world is yours and you can download a bunch of mods to help you. When I made my map (uncharted) I used World Painter. Such a useful tool and im 99.9% sure it would be impossible to implement into buildblox. The only problem in Single Player is the loneliness. Its very quiet and youre working by yourself. Whereas in Buildbox theres a nice chat you can jump in and out of.
I usually end up crashing my game when I get funny commands in Singleplayer =(

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
2. I have no idea what happened to Buildbox. Everything is new and I don't know how to get permissions for a plot.
If you can't find your old plot >>> /plot home

I'd suggest that you should make it on Buildbox because you will have other players around who you could ask for advice whilst creating your map. They could give you suggestions which could help you out a lot.

Nightowl

Reaction score
If you can't find your old plot >>> /plot home

I'd suggest that you should make it on Buildbox because you will have other players around who you could ask for advice whilst creating your map. They could give you suggestions which could help you out a lot.
Do you know how I get permissions to do so? They used to not have any, now I can't talk, teleport, or even /help!

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Regarding the permissions like talking or /help -- you should hit up Prizyms or Nillbugwtw for that.
As for Teleport -- If you're a Player rank, then you use /call playername. But if you're Builder+ you're free to teleport to other players.