[Suggestions] Simply, stuff.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
I have a few suggestions:

1. Enable entity damage (non-player entities being able to inflict damage to other entities) in the plots worlds (I don't know why it isn't already so, as damaging entities that could grief plots either have to be spawned by a player with permission in the plot, or must wander onto the plot from another plot).

2. Bring back special uses to items (like, clocks used to change client-side time, diamond pickaxe did insta-delete). Granted, some of these were a little annoying, so maybe also have something that let's people configure what special stuffs are enabled?

3. Give people a command they can use to filter out death texts, since messages given when people die seem to annoy others, particularly when building.

4. Bring back the RP chat channel please. For most of it's time, there have been a fair number of people who like to role play on Buildbox, and even now, people like to RP on Create. Point is, it'd be nice if role players could have their own channel in the chat so that people who absolutely hate RPs don't have to deal with it.

5. Less important than the other 4, but it would be nice if people could choose if they want to drop their inventory upon death or not.

Please do not read spoiler unless you want to argue against 5.
Now, before any of you say "why would you be in survival mode on Create?" "How do you die in creative?" "We don't want pvp here!", please remember that firstly, a fair amount of people like to build mini-games, have RPs in-game, or otherwise require people participating to be in survival or adventure game modes, and secondly, it has been stated that Create isn't purely about building anymore, but that it is to create.
And regarding "Couldn't you just copy your inventory into a chest?", I really don't think that I should have to go fly off or teleport somewhere just to get my inventory back to how it was before I died, and maybe I don't want other people running around with what ever crap I had just because they were there when I died?

I do recognize that Create less than a month old and is still under development (heck, I'm still waiting for my old plots to get transferred), but since I have not seen a full list of anything planned/intended for Create, I felt it would be for the better if I (or anyone else, really) made these suggestions.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
2. The plugin that was used for this was called Toolbelt. Last time I checked, it hasn't been upgraded to 1.8.

EDIT:

3. Is there a way to turn death messages off instead of issuing a cmd? I'd prefer to see death messages turned off entirely. The only ones that I have see are "fall from a high place" and "fell into the void".

4. I forgot, but I think Nill mentioned to me that he and Priz decided against bringing the RP channel back because I guess they didn't want to encourage it? I may be wrong in that so don't take it as official until they come on and reply. Also, I have seen a bit of RP in main chat-- it gets in the way sometimes, but I guess it makes it easier to also moderate if things get out of hand.

and secondly, it has been stated that Create isn't purely about building anymore, but that it is to create.
And regarding "Couldn't you just copy your inventory into a chest?", I really don't think that I should have to go fly off or teleport somewhere just to get my inventory back to how it was before I died, and maybe I don't want other people running around with what ever crap I had just because they were there when I died?
I think that you have misunderstood why we chose the name as Create. It still implies that you are building, but more along the lines that you are the artist and that there are no limits to the blocks you choose and how you choose to place them.
I'd still choose the "make a backup of your items" option because right now it just seems like you're being lazy after you mentioned that you shouldn't have to go back to your plot and all that. Set a warp to that backup chest and you're done. Simple.
Also, if players manage to pick up your dropped items, then they will either keep it or toss it.
And wait, I thought survival mode PvP was disabled in plots and flatland?

Last edited:

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
The insta-delete is negligible, as you can use barrier blocks to make hovering things that aren't supposed to hover. Since the block would update and drop anyway, it's not like you would have been able to do anything else with that space anyway.

• Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers

Prizyms

あんたバカァ~!?
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Your second point was not just 'special stuff' but rather part of an entire plugin called ToolBelt which we have not opted to put on Create. If there is enough demand we can consider readding it but for now we don't want to add a ton of plugins - BuildBox ended up extremely buggy due to just how many we ended up putting on.

Catcocomics

Reaction score
that brings up another thing.
I think that only certain entities should be able to leave the boundaries of a plot they are in.

Examples that may leave their plot:
Horses
Minecarts (empty)
Boats
Player-fired Arrows (because plots will block unwelcome player damage)

Examples that may not leave their plot:
TNT
Falling Sand (I'm not sure if these entities can actually solidify on another person's plot, but just to be safe...)
Hostile Mobs (Particularly zombies)
Minecarts (TNT)

Now if this can't really be done any time soon, go ahead and enable mob damage but disable TNT damage.

• Dislike