[Suggestions] National Bank of RoF!

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#594425]National Bank of RoF[/BCOLOR]

Starting from Crafter and on, everyone gets to store things in a personal vault provided by the Lava God in this manner:

Crafter: 1 chest for 500 cookies, max allowed at a time: 1.
Journeyman: 1 chest for 1000 cookies, max allowed at a time: 2.
Expert: 1 chest for 1500 cookies, max allowed at a time: 3.
Expert and up: 1 chest for 2000 cookies, max allowed at a time: 4.

If anyone needs/wants more than 4 chests (aka 2 double chests) they might as well buy a plot.

Reasons why this would be great:
  1. By the time you're a seasoned crafter, you've accumulated a lot of stuff even when you're selling. Everyday, we encounter things we'd like to keep things for later use but don't fit our inventories or enderchests. Please let us keep our hard work!
  2. We'd like to save our food and bricks for hard rounds.
  3. And beaten armor/wepons/tools to fix later when we rank up, instead of throwing it out.
  4. [cries loudly]
Bankable EXP
Bankable experience. Up to 30 levels per player. Because dying with 46 levels is just friggin' tragic.

So you took the enchanting tables off the maps, and then nerfed the anvils as well. That's already a major s u c c -fest for new players, but you can at least console everyone, from high rank to low, by allowing them to keep their levels for when they do rank up! It's the democratic way!

There's a plugin where you can do it with signs. All you smart dudes have to do is re-code it or w.e. to make it so only higher up staff can place the signs, and make it so no more than 30 levels can be saved (to be fair). Players simply right-click the sign to deposit levels. We can keep this in our little vault next to our designated chests.

Please take these suggestions in consideration. Many great and vastly popular servers know how to balance this for great gameplay, why the heck can't we?

Let's make RoF a 100+ players-a-day-server again, one fair and fun suggestion at a time.
XoXo, Purple aka Sammy.

BanSwift

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Although these would be rather nice ideas to be implemented, I feel like they would cause the server to become too easy and they would be a little overpowered. The point of dying is that you lose everything, and being able to store 30 levels is too many personally. In addition, 2000 items seems to be too many to me, it should only be the size of 1 chest maximum for all ranks.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
[BCOLOR=#594425]National Bank of RoF[/BCOLOR]

Starting from Crafter and on, everyone gets to store things in a personal vault provided by the Lava God in this manner:

Crafter: 1 chest for 500 cookies, max allowed at a time: 1.
Journeyman: 1 chest for 1000 cookies, max allowed at a time: 2.
Expert: 1 chest for 1500 cookies, max allowed at a time: 3.
Expert and up: 1 chest for 2000 cookies, max allowed at a time: 4.

If anyone needs/wants more than 4 chests (aka 2 double chests) they might as well buy a plot.

Reasons why this would be great:
  1. By the time you're a seasoned crafter, you've accumulated a lot of stuff even when you're selling. Everyday, we encounter things we'd like to keep things for later use but don't fit our inventories or enderchests. Please let us keep our hard work!
  2. We'd like to save our food and bricks for hard rounds.
  3. And beaten armor/wepons/tools to fix later when we rank up, instead of throwing it out.
  4. [cries loudly]
Bankable EXP
Bankable experience. Up to 30 levels per player. Because dying with 46 levels is just friggin' tragic.

So you took the enchanting tables off the maps, and then nerfed the anvils as well. That's already a major s u c c -fest for new players, but you can at least console everyone, from high rank to low, by allowing them to keep their levels for when they do rank up! It's the democratic way!

There's a plugin where you can do it with signs. All you smart dudes have to do is re-code it or w.e. to make it so only higher up staff can place the signs, and make it so no more than 30 levels can be saved (to be fair). Players simply right-click the sign to deposit levels. We can keep this in our little vault next to our designated chests.

Please take these suggestions in consideration. Many great and vastly popular servers know how to balance this for great gameplay, why the heck can't we?

Let's make RoF a 100+ players-a-day-server again, one fair and fun suggestion at a time.
XoXo, Purple aka Sammy.

I like the idea of vaults, but my one concern would be what we would do with Plots as they were created for players to build in as an addition to expand their inventory. Pricing of vaults could probably be equal to the amount of cookies needed for a player to rank up.

I have seen a server with vault signs that you're referring to and they are useful -- haven't used the plugin itself, but one problem that I can see is when a player's vault gets wiped due to a server error. I'm sure that there could be a way for us to make backups of backups just in case something like that occurs.

I like the idea.

Also, when did RoF ever hit 100+ users at any given time

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I don't think this is needed at all. The entire point of plots was to give players more storage. Although people like building and having nice plots, the #1 perk of plots is more storage. Get rid of that, and you get rid of the incentive to buy plots. Back in the old RoF, more storage was one of the most suggested ideas (and for a good reason!). Especially once you hit Grandmaster, storage became a real issue and we just needed some way, any way, of getting more storage. With the new RoF, I think it's very fair to put that threshold of more/infinite storage at Expert+.

Currently, Expert+ has more storage, and lower-ranked players don't. I believe that's a good way of doing things, it's a perk which needs to be unlocked by ranking up.

Also, I don't think RoF has ever hit 100+ users at all lol. The highest has been 50-60 (MAYBE) during a Last Man Standing event, but even when the server was most active I think it only hit around 30 players (at the same time) each day at the most.

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
In my opinion storage isn't that overpowered or anythimg. I guess it has almost the same purpose as plots but it's not super comparable because plots are hard to get and also have a creative aspect to them. 500+ cookies is too much to buy a chest though, nobody would do that with the rank prices. Cookies are hard to get so why not just unlock them for free when ranking up or maybe use tokens. Players love unlocking stuff and by giving players stuff they have more incentive to rank up.

I don't think experience should be stored, it makes you want to stay alive over multiple rounds which is good. Giving lower ranks a way to enchant is probably better.

• Agree
Reactions: IQD

Velzerat

Donor
Reaction score
I still don't think this idea is needed just because it "solves" a problem already solved by plots. Maybe make plots cheaper (free with rank?) or move it down a few ranks (Journeyman could work, replacing ironman as a big perk) but I don't see the need for this. However, what I would like to see is someone kind of "virtual inventory"- i.e. players can have more inventory space during the round itself. This could work by using a command or something.

EDIT: I'm very much in favor of making plots free for all Expert+ players.

Last edited:

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I'd like free plots but the current staff really likes a tough economy so IDK, you guys figure that out. All I'm saying is the more things you take away or try to "balance" the more fun you're taking away. So i'm bring ideas that work today, but feel as free and liberating as yesterday, to make us have as many players as we once had, and yes we had that many players during classic days.

SO, yes to vaults, yes to experience being saved (Maybe 15 levels then? Just add that to the server because it's cool.)

Also the lottery is kind of "meh" because we don't have a crap ton of players all the time, but please keep it. It will be awesome when we do get more, and that's going to be part of my next suggestion :p

Velzerat

Donor
Reaction score
but the current staff really likes a tough economy so IDK, you guys figure that out
Where'd you get that idea? We're not trying to get a tough economy, we're trying to make a balanced one. We've made ranks cheaper, we've added passive income to Classic, we've made all shop prices cheaper (although I admit some of them need some more re-balancing). Just today, we added cookie rewards to ChatReaction. The last three threads in the staff forum have been about giving the players more opportunities for earning cookies; I can assure you we don't want a tough economy. We want a fair one. The problem is that some players try to game the system as much as they possibly can, while others don't even seem to want to mine or actively try to earn any cookies.

The current system isn't perfect, but it's not broken either. There are players on the server with over 5000 cookies right now, and they're just journeymen. We're not actively trying to take the fun away, but as we balance things some things might indeed get "ruined". But, if you can give me specific examples of fun things being taken away, please tell us and we'll see if we can fix that.

I'm a fan of free plots at Expert+. Later down the line we might want to make them Master+, but for now Expert works.

Sam_Winchester

Donor
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Well I didn't mean to make it sound so harsh, kinda does now when you put it that way, But this that you just said is the main problem:

"The problem is that some players try to game the system as much as they possibly can, while others don't even seem to want to mine or actively try to earn any cookies."

I agree! So I need everyone to kind of just brainstorm (I know everyone's been trying to ...sigh) A way to keep it fun enough that people WANT to play it, and thus earn money through it. Mining, and actively TRYING to earn cookies is not much fun. We need things that are FUN, that consequently lead to earning cookies. How? IDK but I do have a lot of reckless fun ideas up my sleeve.

Back in the days when classic was a thing, there was no economy yet we had a ton of players. So it's more about the gameplay, and the audience that joins, than the actual economy itself. Perhaps new gamemodes, new maps that encourage people to work together in order to survive. Perhaps worry less about removing and changing things that already are a certain way, and worry more about adding new things.

Reactions: Velzerat

Velzerat

Donor
Reaction score
The reason we had a ton of players in Classic Lava can 100% be attributed to it being free, the fact that we're getting anywhere near the numbers of players on the paid version of minecraft is, in my eyes, nothing but astounding. The great thing about the new RoF is that it is actually more about the gameplay, the audience that joins, instead of the actual economy-- A lot of people don't buy anything in the shops anymore, so they get everything through actually playing the game. That was one of the main ideas of the reset: People always AFK'd too much and didn't actually play. With the new RoF, that problem is mostly fixed.
Perhaps new gamemodes, new maps that encourage people to work together in order to survive. Perhaps worry less about removing and changing things that already are a certain way, and worry more about adding new things.
We've done exactly that. Deathrun was added a few months ago and although we desperately need more maps, it works and the players love it. We've expanded existing gamemodes like Survival and Classic with lava speeds, and we've added a lot of new maps to the server. In fact, maps are getting a ton of attention right now: With the Map Committee idea being implemented, we are doing our very best to make the maps better than they ever were.