Suggestions for Aod

Reaction score
  • Suggestion 1: Assist Kills

WID: Ever get angry when someone steals your kill ? Especially on purpose though. If this is implemented, it will give the 25 brains to the person who dealt the most damage to them. If anyone else deals damage to them 10 seconds before they die, they will get an assist kill reward of 5 (or 10, not sure) brains.

Pros:
  • Another way to get brains and not deal the final hit.
  • More brains distributed to players more fairly.
  • Avoids Killsteals.
Cons:
  • Could be abused for brain farming.
  • Only 1 hit on a hunter to Recieve brains.

Suggestion 2: Anti-Team Killing

Sometimes, people can throw poison or harming potions at you, on the same team. If this is implemented, it will make it so that you cannot throw a potion with a negative effect on someone on your team, wasting the potion if someone chooses to team kill.

Pros:
  • Discourages players to waste their splash potions for teamkilling.
  • Avoiding accidental splash potions harming teammates.
Cons:
  • Potions with high level positive effects, balanced by negative effects, could become seriously overpowered if it is a splash potion.

Suggestion 3: Multiple Dark Hunters

Some maps, which have some good survivor kits and loot in chests, can become a brain farm if there are lots of people online. To counter this, if there are say, 10 players online, then 2 players could be randomly selected to be hunter. This can be togglable, and should be used on maps that need it.

Pros:
  • Ability to toggle/change the number of dark hunters if necessary.
  • Gives the hunters a better chance at attacking large groups of survivors.
  • Reduced amounts of brain farming on certain maps.
  • Doesn't have to be used at all if not needed.
Cons:
  • Survivors are doomed if there are multiple dark hunters with powerful kits.

That's it. Comment and tell me if these ideas would be good or bad, and also anything to improve/change about what I've suggested.

Thanks !
- Uro

Y

YouWould

I'm not sure how I feel about one, but two is great, and something that definitely needs to be implemented if possible. Three is something that does happen sporadically, like Juggernaut.
Either way, this is simply my opinion, and it's always great to hear feedback from players! If you have any more ideas, feel free to edit this or make a new post.

Shanebat1

Reaction score
I think with the first suggestion, calculating the damage dealt would put a huge amount of stress on the aod server and its already not that good as it is.
With the 2nd one I think you could just have a thing where depending on the people on the server it decides how many hunters there are. Another problem is that it would be kind of crazy if there was like 20 people online and half are chosen for hunter yknow.

Reaction score
I think with the first suggestion, calculating the damage dealt would put a huge amount of stress on the aod server and its already not that good as it is.
With the 2nd one I think you could just have a thing where depending on the people on the server it decides how many hunters there are. Another problem is that it would be kind of crazy if there was like 20 people online and half are chosen for hunter yknow.
It would be togglable, so that if there were 20 players, x amount of players could be chosen for dark hunter. This number could be changed if the map maker wishes to choose so.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
For suggestion 1, I do remember hearing about this once how the current system used look at who the last person was to hit you within a certain time limit and then distribute the brains to them. While it may not be exactly hard to have it look further back and find the second to last person it would be a bit of work that I don't think would exactly be all that needed. All in all though IF we can get that one to work I think it could work well.

As for the the second one. I would love for to see it happen but I have no idea how feasible it is. It really shouldn't be 'too' hard to code it but I don't think it would be exactly easy either. Unless I am just misunderstanding it the only way I can think of to disable this is to disable all splash potions used on your team.

And suggestion 3, personally I don't want this. While it would be nice to have it occur every now and then I don't want it to be directly related to the player base count. I know it does happen occasionally with juggernaut but I think that is all where it is really needed. Take my word for it, I know how pissed off you can get when it is just you against a large amount of survivors, especially when they are all in one spot. This brings out a time to develop strategies to dealing with it though. From what I have seen most of the time at least one of them dies by accident or something along the lines of that which makes it much easier on you.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
For 2, I would personally still want players to be able to potion themselves
This wouldnt work under the current system, as shooting an arrow up vertically and hoping it lands on you brings up the no tking message

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
I don't think many players would like multiple dark hunters, due to the fact dark hunters recive a more powerful kit than evreyone else and they could complain that they would be too powerful as a combined force. But. I have experienced 9v1 many times and it's very hard to get a kill, due to you having no power of teamwork, and so 3 dark hunters would work well there. -Jay