[Suggestion] weighted rounds

Catcocomics

Reaction score
A couple of things have come to my attention that very well displease me.
The first is the appallingly high amount of tokens I absolutely have to have (on top of having pretty much the same quantities of cookies we needed to rank up the the previous version of RoF).

The second is that all rounds, no matter how short or long or easy or hard they may be, are all worth only 1 token.
this means I could toil through 2 classic rounds and only get 2 tokens within about an hour and 20 minutes, or I could get the same amount of tokens from doing 2 death runs in about 10 minutes.

This not only gives you highly inconsistent rate of token gain, but players (such as myself) who seriously lack incentive to stay on for more than a couple of hours every week are severely disadvantaged as most of the rounds played are straight up survival (arguably the least rewarding for the risk factor, esp as ranks progress) and some classic (still not very rewarding for how much you find yourself sitting around on most maps... for half an hour...), with a few death runs here and there.

I propose that the token value of a round be determined by the length of the round, with each 4-5 minutes in the duration being worth a token (this would make Dr be about 1-2 tokens, survival 3-6, and classic 6-10).
For rounds with a duration that is not a multiple of 4 or 5, round to nearest 4 or 5 minutes, minimum of 1 token per round.

If you disagree with the token/time ratio, then change as you please to fit the intended balance.

Reactions: Deleted member 4601

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I think this might be a good idea, but we'd need to be careful we don't unbalance everything all of a sudden. I'm not sure if the idea of one token per 10mins of playing would encourage AFKing or not, when people have their cookies and just sit in a little box until the end of the round, so they can get their tokens - they don't need to bother about cookies. I'm also concerned that this proposal would encourage people to AFK through longer rounds to try and get more tokens.

The reason we have this system at the moment is because it is designed to have you rank up on completing rounds, and doing things in them. We know Classic isn't that rewarding at the moment, but it does give a few cookies at the end, and it is supposed to be a more fun round, where you can build crazy stuff and have a good time. Deathrun, as you said, gives you quick, easy tokens, and we can tell people like that. I'm surprised you said Survival is the least rewarding - as an Apprentice, you know by now that you earn the most cookies in survival, as you sell things using the sellshop. The more you put in during the survival rounds, the quicker it is to get to the next rank. If you're looking for some easy tokens, /nominate to nominate a map to be played might help.

I think this sounds good on paper, however, I think this might begin to encourage AFKing on longer rounds again, which I really do not want. I'll leave this open to discussion for a bit longer, but I'm not quite sure this will work.