[Suggestion] Team Rounds for AoD

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Many people think AoD is just about getting the best equipment in build time prehaps building a tower and then trying to protect themselves and others from the dark hunter. Although this is mainly what AoD is about I would like to suggest an implemention of a new concept to AoD, Team rounds. This starts as a normal round with build time and stuff and looting the chests but when build time is over evreyone recives the first Dark Hunter kit, but instead of having a pumpkin on there head they have either a green or yellow leather hat. These leather hats are your team colour, so you can't take them off, also the aim is to use your team mates too your advantage, sadly i fear i may get a few "well that will be unfair" but acctually what this round is asking of you is too really use that team mates of yours. If you want too succeed you need to plan how too strike, where to strike and when to strike use these and no matter how experienced you are you should stand a chance. Now the thing which is still a thought in progress is how we select the teams. This was my thought on this: All the ranks equal a number so Player= 1 Veteran = 2 Hercules = 3 Hero = 4 and so on. And selecting the teams is like this: You try to make the teams numbers as even as possible. Example: 2 Hero's 1 The Reckoning and 1 Player is online, the teams would be: The two hero's = 8 points and The reckoning and the player = 8 points. If say there is 3 The darkness online with a Reckoning and 2 Gods the teams would have a possibility spliting into 3 teams: The reckoning and a god = 12 2 darkness' = 12 and the darkness and the god = 11.

I think we should implement this so that we can see if our people can use teamwork and friends to there advantage, For I think pvp isnt just about killing again again and again, its about the teamwork, trust and skills. I think this will prove who can adjust to different surroundings and use teamwork to their advantage.

Issues: I can't see any major ones, I'll leave this to you.

Please tell me what you think of this, for the good of us all on AoD. Hope you like and pls Pm me if you have any issues and I'll be happy to answer. Thanks for your time - JayJayWizard :bounce:

Reaction score
This sounds like a really good idea. So the teams are working together to fight against the hunters while there trying to get the other team killed at the same time. This sounds like a really fun way to liven up some of the rounds.
Also a possible issue: If there were only 2 players on it wouldn't really work but it could probably be coded to only start if there were 8 or more players on. Love the idea though.

• Thank You
Reactions: JayJay

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Thanks chick, my fault, forgot too add in the fact that it should only go ahead if 6 or more people are online. Also forgot too say, there is no hunters, just you and your team against the other/others and see who can get the the most kills, prehaps loc 100% accurate and time of ten mins?

Reactions: chicken23456789

Vatumok

Former CA
Reaction score
Why should there be random team deathmatch rounds on a pvp zombie survival server? It's all about not trying to become one of them and trying to stay alive for humanity (or something). It seems very unfitting to just throw a random pvp mode in there. The most standard pvp mode nonetheless.

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: EggNog and JayJay

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Hmm I think a team round might be cool as long as it still went with the theme of AoD. I actually liked Chicken's idea of having it so you are fighting the hunters + the other team and if your team is the last standing you win against the hunters. XD
Or maybe make it so half the players are hunters and half aren't but when the players who aren't hunters are killed they don't turn hunter for that round only and most kills wins? :D

• Agree
Reactions: EggNog and JayJay

Iggish

Reaction score
Why should there be random team deathmatch rounds on a pvp zombie survival server? It's all about not trying to become one of them and trying to stay alive for humanity (or something). It seems very unfitting to just throw a random pvp mode in there. The most standard pvp mode nonetheless.
why should there be tag on a pvp zombie survival server?

• Sad
Reactions: Cstar

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see a major downside to this. People that don't like working in teams still won't and those that do will enjoy it either way. Like those above suggested it could be a decent idea to either disable going back into the round after you die so as to make it last man standing or make it so that team switch upon death is disabled and the highest amount of kills works.

If this was to be in effect though I think kits would have to be seriously balanced and maybe this would only work for certain maps (much like Tag). I'm all for trying to run through and make a basic team map if this goes anywhere but as it stands right now, I think it would be a great idea.

• Thank You

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Honestly I don't see a major downside to this. People that don't like working in teams still won't and those that do will enjoy it either way. Like those above suggested it could be a decent idea to either disable going back into the round after you die so as to make it last man standing or make it so that team switch upon death is disabled and the highest amount of kills works.

If this was to be in effect though I think kits would have to be seriously balanced and maybe this would only work for certain maps (much like Tag). I'm all for trying to run through and make a basic team map if this goes anywhere but as it stands right now, I think it would be a great idea.
Ok here's some breaking news, im gonna change it slightly, Due to Chickens and dess' comments im gonna go with chickens idea my fault for being a bit unclear but good idea anyway! Also dess in the description its says 'evreyone recives the first hunter kit' Sorrry for being in anyway unclear. ;)

Reactions: chicken23456789

JayJay

The Melon
Reaction score
Ok just too make this idea final im gonna explain. Here we go...

Round starts, people loot chests, build towers and so on. All people recive first hunter kit and instead of pumkin hat the recive purple or yellow leather hat. Teams work together too kill other team and get the most kills at the end of the ten minute round with loc 100% accurate. Thanks ;)

Last edited:

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I agree but how can we get this moving? :confused:
Thing is it is well underway with moving. It takes awhile to decide upon suggestions and with a new director they have, well to be blunt, more important things to take care of. Trust me though that aod stuff will be looking at and deciding this in time enough.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score

Now that you brought up the point of how players generally do not team up, in reminded of a suggestion I though of making, which is as simple as slight buffs for sticking together, slight debuffs for staying apart. This could be as simple as disabling hunger-sourced regen for solitary players. I think many maps are technically unbalanced as well, because a hunter should be equipped to take on multiple survivors, and then survivors taking on a larger party of hunters is where the skills and intuition comes into play, which also causes the hunting party to exce raise group strategies rather than each doing their own thing. Oh also assist kills would work well, such as 5 brains per heart of damage dealt (just tacking this on cause I forgot)

Edit: Aeons ago, there was a suggestion for a last man standing game mode. Only thing is, that's basically what we have. A major game overhaul to focus more on teams would be beneficial, I think, and also enchants the community aspect to be friendlier, rather that the fend-for-yourself mentality AoD has

• Thank You