Declined [Suggestion] Servers publish player statistics per meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

digi

-
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Public statistics are never meant for usefullness when it comes to the regular playerbase. Traditionally, (much like IRCStats) statistics are posted online for others to look at for 15 mins every week and chuckle at something he might find interesting or funny.

I've already had enough interest over at the SCP Foundation with my own little project (like these IRCStats). While not particularily useful, if interest is shown, it can be considered a nice little thing.
Can you tell me if there's any coding to that. I'd honestly like to know how you did that.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Can you tell me if there's any coding to that. I'd honestly like to know how you did that.
There are programs like Pisg that take IRC Logs and generate the statistics for you. Though actually retrieving those logs might require an IRC Bot (which can be coded or downloaded)

The statistics for the SCP Foundation is a bit more manual. Wikidot (SCP's host) has an API that returns data about every page you request. Currently, I query that API until I got the entire wiki contents stored to file (~40 MB of text), then read it with a Lua script and compile HTML out of that.

If we want fancy graphs, Python has enough libraries for that. All coding required is to acquire the logs and turn it into a format comprehensible for the graph-generator to read.

• Agree
  • Thank You
Reactions: Jubjubers and digi

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
if it's your classic rof shenanigans of questionable morality/legality then sure, of course the drama should be kept private. but that's not the suggestion.

keeping a cool head would be nice, although i will say there's been surprisingly little snide sniping at people in this thread (which is still by no means a little)

Status
Not open for further replies.