[Suggestion] Selling items + Selling randomly aquired items.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Selling items + Selling randomly aquired items.
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: To be able to make points off selling bought items such as grenades, lightning, c4, mines, arrows, and steak.. Also to be able to sell items that you have aquired over gameplay such as saplings, paintings, and item frames.
Why should it be implemented into the server: Being able to sell items would be nice, if you actidentaly type /buy 19 mine instead of /buy 10 mine, you most likely would wan't to sell the extra 9 mines. It would also be a way to store points to when you don't wan't the temptation of having 3,000 points to burn. AKA buy a few stacks of lightning, put it in your Enderchest, and be able to sell them later. I know it wouldn't work on items that take durability because that could be easily abused.
Also being able to sell items that you have picked up during gameplay such as saplings. All items that you may aquire during gameplay would have a value, such as 4 points per 1 sapling, so if you get 5 saplings, you make 20 points. This feature would be nice and also add something to overall gameplay. You would sell these items by using /sell # (item). So far the items I have more less randomly collected and stored in my Enderchest are: Saplings, seeds, roses, flowers, grey whool, red whool, yellow whool, sand, redstone tourch, item frame, painting, anvil, dirt. I would also like to be able to sell bought items waste, like glass bottles and buckets.

• Agree
Reactions: Xfolo

Terre936

Reaction score
Well, I think I was told that /sell or something similar to that was being worked on? Not sure.

4 points per sapling seems kinda expensive. I mean, maps on Mythology where there are trees.. It can be easily abused since getting saplings isn't that hard. All you have to do is TNT the trees.

• Agree
Reactions: zezmi

_ChoasLego_

Rabbit
Donor
Reaction score
Well, I think I was told that /sell or something similar to that was being worked on? Not sure.

4 points per sapling seems kinda expensive. I mean, maps on Mythology where there are trees.. It can be easily abused since getting saplings isn't that hard. All you have to do is TNT the trees.
And also considering the fact that you can get lots of free, expensive items on maps such as CTF-Hills and CTF-Warsong (Grenades cost 15 points each, and Swiftness potions cost 10 points each).

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score

Yea it's a little steep, I was jsut setting an example :3, the staff should set all the points given by selling.

Stretford01

Out of this World
Reaction score
As far as I know, we have no sell command at the moment. But to get rid of random stuff, hold the item in a slot and hold it and say /trash. It should get rid of any random wool/saplings etc.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
As far as I know, we have no sell command at the moment. But to get rid of random stuff, hold the item in a slot and hold it and say /trash. It should get rid of any random wool/saplings etc.
Oh thanks, I also just drop them in the lobby in front of AFK people :3
It doesn't work in TNT XD
I tried that already, your stuff will reappear.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Oh thanks, I also just drop them in the lobby in front of AFK people :3
It doesn't work in TNT XD
I tried that already, your stuff will reappear.
Aww :( I didn't notice, I have to much crap.

• Haha
Reactions: Notme

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
Selling of mines, grenades etc like you said should be added, we've always been nice to you at TNT and we should
-somewhat- continue that ;)

However giving you points because you blow up a tree, nah, we are not that nice. No free points for you!

• Thank You

ethical1337

Don't choose the easy path just because its easy
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a sell back feature in case you bought too many items. Being from typos when typing /buy or clicking the frames too many times when the server lags when you want to get some GOD DANG MINES BUT THE SERVERS LIKE LOL NOPE, Then gives you like 30 mines and no more points ;_;

• Agree

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Haha, I'd like this, and I don't see any problem with this. Only problem is that when you get free stuff from item spawners, but I think it would just need a quick fix, or a fancy code ;). I won't mind having this!

• Thank You

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a sell back feature in case you bought too many items. Being from typos when typing /buy or clicking the frames too many times when the server lags when you want to get some GOD DANG MINES BUT THE SERVERS LIKE LOL NOPE, Then gives you like 30 mines and no more points ;_;
Or when you attempt to buy a fire bow just before a lag and end up with 6 :c