[Suggestion] Section for the Wiki: "Retired Servers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarmakAnna

Reaction score
Since I've been quite interested in the history of Blocktopia for quite some time now, maybe we should have a section called "Retired Servers" leading to a page of links for each server that no longer runs: Zombie, Lava, Classic TnT, A&T, Classic Build, Solitude, and all the past SMP versions.

Each would link to a page for that server which would give a brief description of each server and how it played, a list of the past staff (or at least the ones that we would know of/remember), the rules used when the server was around, and the map lists for the three classic servers and A&T.

I think it would help others learn a bit of Blocktopia's past if there were a few pages on the Wiki for it. Any thoughts or suggestions?

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
We already have pages for most of the previous servers and some of them include staff lists. The only ones I can think of that don't have a page of the top of my head are CMP (Nevermind we do have one for CMP), and classic build. So you're saying adding a link hub to all these pages? If so that wouldn't be too hard to do, I think. I like kinda the idea.

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Or better yet, get the current pages for those pages and simply add "retired" to their link, or just archiving it for users to see. Prevents Wiki Editors having to spend countless hours having to re-create/create these pages.

_4_

Reaction score
This would be very good considering if not this the pages would probably most likely be removed. I fully support this, but are the old server wiki's that were removed still in existent or would they have to be remade?

And wow I just realized Solitude isn't up anymore.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Or better yet, get the current pages for those pages and simply add "retired" to their link, or just archiving it for users to see. Prevents Wiki Editors having to spend countless hours having to re-create/create these pages.
Yes ^
This would be very good considering if not this the pages would probably most likely be removed. I fully support this, but are the old server wiki's that were removed still in existent or would they have to be remade?

As I said in my above post... most of the previous server's have wiki pages. :p

_4_

Reaction score
Yes ^

Where? I can't seem to find any..;S

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Yes ^

Well, I believe Malcovent removed some of them, is there anyway to get them back and simply archive them?

I've also noticed a handful of editors, including myself, have been removed? could I get re-added? cheers :p

• Agree
Reactions: _4_

_4_

Reaction score
Yes ^

Well, I believe Malcovent removed some of them, is there anyway to get them back and simply archive them?

Yeah that'd be good. I also noticed a bunch of the staff pages got deleted by Malcovent too. Honestly besides readding the old servers I'd like to see a bit better "average user friendlyness" because I don't know if it's just me being dumb or if it's the wiki itself but I really don't know how to edit things.

On a side note most wikis have archives of past edits and maybe so doesn't Blocktopia's Wiki too.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Yes ^

The ones I can find currently are:
Solitude
CMP
SMP
Primordia
TNT Wars
Lava Survival
Zombie Survival
A&T

Status