[suggestion] resource world

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I know this is probably already suggested, but seeing as some areas such as around spawn are vastly depleted of resources, I have had an idea. Located outside carthage and in pvp are two enterances to a respurce world, which is in two tiers. The highest tier is the upper half of the resource world, reachable via the carthage shaft. This area will be sealed above and below by bedrock and will contain the basic ores (coal and iron). The lower tier will containall ores, acessible only via the pvp enterance. Pvp and grief will be allowed in these tiers. When I get home and have access to a pc I shall go further in depth.

gonkus

Admin
Admin
Survival Staff
Reaction score
No need, there are vast areas of the map which remain untapped, people are just too lazy to find them.

Super_Goku

ukoG_repuS
Reaction score
I kind of like this, this could be handy... in a while, for now, you can still find ores with ease if you go out a little further. Like gonkus said:"people are just too lazy to find them." Perhaps in a while when you seriously can't find anymore ores.

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score
Make tools of wood and houses out of wood and cities out of wood and farms out of wood and food out of wood and players out of wood and staff out of wood and trees out of wood and meeting recaps out of wood and a new server out wood and new plugins out of wood and money out of wood and new coders out of wood and new griefers out of wood and a new world out of wood.

You can make wood with saplings, make saplings out of wood. It's a renewable circle. My logic is perfect, this is no longer a problem!

rosekill

Reaction score
Make tools of wood and houses out of wood and cities out of wood and farms out of wood and food out of wood and players out of wood and staff out of wood and trees out of wood and meeting recaps out of wood and a new server out wood and new plugins out of wood and money out of wood and new coders out of wood and new griefers out of wood and a new world out of wood.

You can make wood with saplings, make saplings out of wood. It's a renewable circle. My logic is perfect, this is no longer a problem!
You just solved global warming!

• Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Olix and Shinyshark

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score

But if global warming was wood, everything would be global warming. It'd be even worse!

Shinyshark

Professional innuendo creator/finder.
Reaction score

But if global warming was wood, everything would be global warming. It'd be even worse!
You see this is why under aged people can't vote.

Wink

¡Juego de las Pulgas!
Reaction score
Um, I'm going be cute and break this chain:

Originally, the server staff were thinking about adding a 'Resource PVP' world to rejuvenate ores into our economy. However, they went with expansion of the map instead, to add more resources to the outer parts of the world.

TL;DR: Farther out=More ores

Roobarb Pie

Geezuslike
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Um, I'm going be cute and break this chain:

Originally, the server staff were thinking about adding a 'Resource PVP' world to rejuvenate ores into our economy. However, they went with expansion of the map instead, to add more resources to the outer parts of the world.

TL;DR: Farther out=More ores
gotcha. Thanks for the reply emo.

Butamou

Grandmason
Contributor
Reaction score
There are plenty of resources. Once every single chunk of the map is just void and nothing else, then ask for a new resource world and or a new world. But I still see every single chunk. So....Start digging.

French_Fries

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
I think people like Gonkus said need to start venturing out more. I mean JtE has gotten to the stage where you aren't going to dig straight down and find Diamonds so exploring the outer parts of the Map is common sense.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
I think people like Gonkus said need to start venturing out more. I mean JtE has gotten to the stage where you aren't going to dig straight down and find Diamonds so exploring the outer parts of the Map is common sense.
Except you totally can still. There's an average of like 1.1 diamonds per chunk. So until the bottom layeres of every single chunk are stripped, there's diamonds everywhere. I've still got huge spaces to mine out without travelling out very far.

• Informative
Reactions: French_Fries

Da Jinks

Political Nerd
Reaction score
Strip mining under Oceanus so far today has given stacks of coal ores, nearly a stack of redstone ore, gold and 12 diamond ores and I'm not finished! Keep in mind we have lots of people in our town who love mining, and are close to Sancti as well. Just go out and strip mine and you can still find good amounts of ores! I.E. I don't see the need to get a resource world when it just takes a bit of work.

• Agree
Reactions: Danni122112

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
Strip mining under Oceanus so far today has given stacks of coal ores, nearly a stack of redstone ore, gold and 12 diamond ores and I'm not finished! Keep in mind we have lots of people in our town who love mining, and are close to Sancti as well. Just go out and strip mine and you can still find good amounts of ores! I.E. I don't see the need to get a resource world when it just takes a bit of work.
Caves can be hard to find, but there is still not a big problem to strip mine, as jink say.

Notme

Self-Aware Forum AI
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Just make 2x2x(some number over 100) strip mines at diamond zone ;)
Pls, everyone knows that 4x1x200 strip mines are best.
3x1x10^3 master race reporting in.
Everyone has their favorite mining technique ;)
idk which one is most efficient.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
3x1x10^3 master race reporting in.
Everyone has their favorite mining technique ;)
idk which one is most efficient.
It just depends on where the ores happen to be, none are really the best. I just prefer it that way.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
  • Agree
Reactions: zezmi