[Suggestion] Removing the map "FloatingRuins"

Celebrir

Reaction score
As far as I know, this map is the most hates map and every time the server announces it you can hear people saying things like "Why this again" "I'll skip that round" "Cya in 10mins after that crappy map".

I think that the map is great for big rounds but it is awful when you play with 4 players (Which is mostly the case).
Some Minimaps would be cool, like the classic TNT had.

Sorry Super_Goku, but your map is hated by many people.

Ps: At least make it less frequent. It just wiped my game with asaechao, Danni122112 and leahbender. They all left (with me) because the map came.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Well I honestly like the map Floating Ruins. I like how it works and knocking people off, and it includes being knocked off. We have many times in the day that we have about 8+ players, and especially on the weekend, we have about 15. I've even seen people cheer because that map comes next. There is always a map that someone hates, someone loves. The map isn't the only factor that makes people leave the game. If there were 20 people playing, I doubt that everyone would leave because of a map. For frequency, we don't set any priorities on which map comes next. I believe every map has equal chances on being next, and I think it should stay that way :). Also, for mini-maps, I'm not sure about that one. I would like everyone to enjoy the lovely maps that we have, and with premium, it is much easier to go around the maps, plus, most of the maps we have, are standard sizes, and it is easy to find people. Also, based on experience, I still enjoy playing with 2-4 people with that map. If everyone hates that map, however, we might consider removing it.

Celebrir

Reaction score
It may be because I'm an EU Player but most of the time when I check there are exactly 0 from 0 players online. Yesterday after the meeting was the first time (except for the release) that I've seen so many players online. It's rare for me to play with more than 2 people. At 11pm-1am there are usually about 6 or 8 online but I can't play that late.

I have to admit, I enjoy the map with 10+ people.

The comments I quotes in my first post were from those times when the people leave because of the map. Can't we get a /skip command like we used to in classic? I think this server should be a little bit more like the classic one.

Sephhh

Supermegauber Foxy Fox!
Reaction score
Website
blocktopia.net
Can't we get a /skip command like we used to in classic? I think this server should be a little bit more like the classic one.

Yeah, I think we have something planned like that? Well, I think we planned a voting system at least. But at the moment our dev is busy, so I guess things have to wait. That would be a heaps better than removing maps.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I like floating ruins, it's great fun for me. However I really don't like playing any map twice in a row, I would like to see a code being implemented that would prevent that and as you say, there are quite a few people who don't like this map, make floating ruins less frequent.

smokingkills

The Friendly DoD VetOp
Reaction score
A voting system would sort this out, if people do not like the map generally, it will become less frequent as people will skip it and as has been said people love certain maps, and hate others, although there are some favourites and least favourites it is very much a personal taste when it comes to maps. I am all for having a voting system in place, so then the majority can choose whether they want to play certain maps or not. As for floatingruins being removed, I don't feel there is a real need as it works pretty well as a map, sword fighting can get annoying for some, but that's another story.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A voting system would sort this out, if people do not like the map generally, it will become less frequent as people will skip it and as has been said people love certain maps, and hate others, although there are some favourites and least favourites it is very much a personal taste when it comes to maps. I am all for having a voting system in place, so then the majority can choose whether they want to play certain maps or not. As for floatingruins being removed, I don't feel there is a real need as it works pretty well as a map, sword fighting can get annoying for some, but that's another story.
I agree, especially when you play SunTemple, SunTemple, SunTemple, then Osiris, then Osiris.
This has actually happened to me, and I still cringe when I see Block 43:9
:roflmao:

Maybe a voting system like AoD might be good: it doesn't pop up every round, but often enough so that players get the maps that they like more. /skip might even work well, although perhaps not as smoothly as the AoD format may. I dunno. =3