[Suggestion] Raiding Time Limit

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
This probably won't go well with you guys, but I've noticed that some players have raided other clans for quite a long time, essentially stopping progress on what the raided clan is doing for upwards to 30mins -- which is quite long to be honest.

Right now, a few players from FengQi have been at Ignatius for ~40mins -- raiding, trying to unlock a vault, killing players, etc.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a time limit rule and I guess it's probably based on whether a Mod tells the raiding clan to move away from the other clan's monument if there are any mods to see the raid.

If you choose to like/agree/dislike/disagree to this then do respond to this thread or don't bother rating it at all. Thanks!

DylanATurtle

Reaction score
I agree with Gameprochampion ... We were there for the first 20 minutes with fire, trying to figure out why the first vault we were trying to crack was broken, sure they let us in because it was illegal, but we wasted 20 minutes of our time. And what if we told you the combo to the vault so you could raid? We would have done the work and we would all be happy.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
I do agree with GPC, but maybe if there's a limit when you get in? Nothing's bad if they're just trying to stop them getting in, it'll only be bad once they get in. It's a good idea, but with all these locks they'd have to go once they get in, and then the clan would reset it.

EggNog

c:
Reaction score
Sort of mixed on this. Personally I think you can't put a limit on a raid really because they vary so heavily. Howver on the other side, there comes a point in time where the only reason the raiders are there is either A. to keep you from doing anything productive B. just to rack up uneccesary excessive kills (which is already illegal to an extent with spawnkilling and all). Thats when I think a staff member needs to step in and tell the raiders to leave. If you feel someone is spending an excessive amount of time raiding you report it to a mod and if they agree with you, I'm sure they will be more then willing to ask the raiders to move along. If a Mod happens to not be on just pm one of us on forums and we will discuss it with the raiders.

cheatyface

Developer
Developer
Contributor
Reaction score
As I said on the server, I've spent a several hours in total sitting in my clan's vault waiting for raiders to leave. Especially since they had to waste their time with your combination locks, I have no pity for the ~40 minutes you lost.

I would certainly be in favour of some method for players to opt out of raiding in general though (other than sitting in a safe room and just waiting it out). The settler rank suggested in another thread would be one way it can be done.

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
As I said on the server, I've spent a several hours in total sitting in my clan's vault waiting for raiders to leave. Especially since they had to waste their time with your combination locks, I have no pity for the ~40 minutes you lost.

I would certainly be in favour of some method for players to opt out of raiding in general though (other than sitting in a safe room and just waiting it out). The settler rank suggested in another thread would be one way it can be done.
what i usually do is take our advance warning to go shopping at spawn while sieges happen

paceboys

Reaction score
The best form of defense is solid offense.

Want to stop us from raiding? Kill us next time we show up. Simple as that.

You can't hide in your house and expect us to leave, especially if you have a 10k+ combo lock that we need to deal with.

Last edited:

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
The best form of defense is solid offense.

Want to stop us from raiding? Kill us next time we show up. Simple as that.

You can't hide in your house and expect us to leave, especially if you have a 10k+ combo lock that we need to deal with.
I think people tend to not be confident when PvPing people in enchanted diamond when they're in, say, iron. Some people don't play like mad and therefore won't be on as much to accumulate all the diamonds. When they do get raided, they know there's the large imbalance and go and hide, even though there are other ways of fighting raiders off.

Naoh

Scott Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm on the fence with this one. While there are a lot of nice ideas, it's not very realistic to set a time limit on a raid, especially with these crazy vaults.

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Aloha, I've come to help to make sense of when a raid is too long or not - as discussed by some staff members.

Especially now with vaults being removed, we've realized that raiding can take a long time (an unpredictable time) and as such, it wouldn't really be fair/make sense to put such a specific time limit on it. For example, some clans have some really intricate locks and if we were to set a limit to 30 minutes and it just happens to take you that long to figure it out then really, what was the point? Sure, you'll be prepared for the next 12 hours to raid again but that sucks, for real.

So what we've said is that it really comes down to the intention. If killing a couple people, trying to open someone's vault, taking stuff, leaving, etc. takes a long time, that's fine because that's what raiding is. You're getting in how you need too and getting out just as efficiently. It changes, however, if someone is there for an excessive amount of time just to murder people. That's not really a raid anymore, now you're just camping their clan for an excessive amount of time to kill them.

So play it smart. If you're raiding, then do what you gotta do and go.