Accepted [Suggestion] Prestige

• Thread starter Deleted member 4601
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4601

The basic idea is that after you reach grandmaster on RoF things start to get a little boring. Previously we had supercookies and prestige ranks, but we've kinda established that it wasn't the best system. Now we have new shops and stuff that are unlockable, but that runs out too. So here's an idea.

Every player, on top of their cookie and token balance, has a prestige multiplier points, similar to AoD's experience. Everyone on the server starts off with 0, and their prestige points will remain at 0 until grandmaster. After you reach grandmaster, there's a place beyond the grandmaster sign, perhaps a portal that asked you if you wanted to convert all your tokens and cookies into prestige multiplier points, and return to a player.

If a grandmaster chooses to do that, they will be returned to player, but their prestige points are no longer zero. It depends on the number of tokens and cookies they had before they prestige'd. But after their rank is reset to player, they earn more cookies and tokens - based on their prestige multiplier - in classic rounds and survival rounds (or quests, ya know ;) )

On top of that, if you've prestige'd, perhaps your prefix will display the prestige points you have. Essentially, grandmasters may choose to increase their prestige points and return to player to accelerate the speed at which they earn cookies and tokens. All of this is mathematically determined so the game stretches out infinitely.

As an incentive to prestige, you could have shops with fancy items that are incredibly difficult to unlock - 20000 tokens perhaps - something that would be possible but difficult without prestige.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I really like this idea, it gives people an incentive to get to grandmaster.

In the old prestige ranks, people would get to the top rank and get bored with said rank. Developers would then have to add new ranks and keep adding new ranks until it's essentially Ranks Of Fire. With this idea, people can have fun restarting and rebuilding their ranks without completely starting from square one (maybe starting from square one and a half...lol) and I personally love that, it adds a level of uniqueness to the server too..separating it from AoD and Create.

Great idea Mul!

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
People like this. We can always add little shops and everything along the way, too, so it's got a lot of room for expansion on the idea too so it won't get boring quickly. We'll have a good think about this.

Rune

Resident Roadman | Deception Lead
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I love this suggestion, it supplies a goal for Grand-masters after they reached their rank; instead of sitting there and not really having a point to play on the server except to make money or improve their plot or even just for fun. I think that it's a good idea to be implemented when it gets to a stage where people are stuck on Grand-master and want to continue ranking up.

As Sir says, it also has plenty of room for expansion; including the fact that it won't get boring because of the new items which are supplied. Also, I think it also has room for perks and such to make it more enjoyable for players who find RoF easy mode. Maybe add some handicaps or something as a trade off?

I think that the system that Mul is suggestion is a good solution of the one where you need a certain amount of cookies to rank up. It varies the game-play and therefore makes it suitable as a goal.

I definitely would love for this to be implemented into RoF!

Willchill

Blocktopia's Official Octopus
Reaction score
This seems like a good idea; adding an element of replayability without complicating things.

When I play through a game for a second time (or more than second time), one of my favourite parts is rediscovering items and unlocking old abilities. I like the whole idea of returning to your roots as a helpless critter then becoming powerful again.

I'm not sure if it would be wise to work this into the whole prestige system. A possibility would be offering +5 prestige points or whatever and then they have to unlock all shops and things again, as well as having their inventory wiped (but save ender chest?).

Another point: will the rank costs scale with prestige points? I'm not sure how I feel about ranking up to Crafter after one round of creative, and I'd imagine it would be possible to get to GM in a day unless some cap was placed on the rate you can make cookies, as more money per round = faster ranks = faster to prestige again = more money per round, etc. It just ends up snowballing. But if there is a cap then you face the same issue of people having nothing to do. kuilin could probably explain it better than me, with some actual maths. Dunno if she can be bothered though.

Sorry if this is all a bunch of incoherent mess.

• Love
Reactions: kuilin

IQD

why we can't have nice things
Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone can come up with anything for incentive to prestige apart from the most unholy power creep known to mankind then more power to you.

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
Why not make ranks nonlinear past grandmaster? Say you could save up to be a Cryptkeeper and unlock unique not-strictly-better-or-worse sidegrades in that shop, and then if you wanted to access the Harbinger shop you'd have to reset your normal back to Player. People who have gotten to Prestige once can have a small [P] next to their rank, say [P][Crafter] and on mouseover it would show what prestige classes they've unlocked. This greatly increases the time it takes to max out "everything" while at the same time not introducing the snowball effect.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
Why not make ranks nonlinear past grandmaster? Say you could save up to be a Cryptkeeper and unlock unique not-strictly-better-or-worse sidegrades in that shop, and then if you wanted to access the Harbinger shop you'd have to reset your normal back to Player. People who have gotten to Prestige once can have a small [P] next to their rank, say [P][Crafter] and on mouseover it would show what prestige classes they've unlocked. This greatly increases the time it takes to max out "everything" while at the same time not introducing the snowball effect.
This sounds like a neat idea, but instead of having the Harbinger rank as a first option for players, maybe they would need to unlock all of the Prestige ranks (the old rank names) in order to get Harbinger. What I like about your idea is that these ranks, aside from gaining a subshop, can be types of Classes where Cryptkeepers can get 1 free restore that they can use every 72 hours or Acolytes can get one enchanted book with multiple enchantments every week. Basically each rank will get a special perk. Then once they "collect" each of the Prestige ranks, they'd be able to get Harbinger and get the Admin perk.