[Suggestion] New rank?

Reaction score
Hi people.... I was just playing AoD a while ago and noticed that many people like terre have been having to restart back at verteran because they have already got "The Reckoning " and I thought maybe a new rank could do for those who would like to not keep going back and forth

I am currently the darkness but I've seen many people get the reckoning and then 5 days later are now verteran . For example terre has restarted this 3 times I think and it would be nice if he could get a new rank and not have to restart so fast and easy as he has been doing.

Thanks for reading , hope you like , hope those who have been restarting don't have to now :D

Reaction score
I do not know if there is a special format where supposed to do it on but I had around 10 minutes and could not read anything so i just had to do it like that.I know it didn't have very much info but as I said 10 minutes and that is all I could do

Sorry if there is a format tho , I will follow it next time

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
A new rank has discussed but we have never went into too great of detail on our ideas. A new rank would be a very nice addition to the server, though there are probably a few things that need to be sorted out before we consider this heavily.

Aside from a new title name, what other features would entice people to save their brains up for this rank? What would it be called? How much would it cost? These are all things to be considered.

Terre936

Reaction score
The only reason I've gone through the ranks several times is that I simply have nothing to spend my brains on. I personally hated those staircases that were buys le a long time ago, so.. That happened.
If a new rank were to be implemented, the cost would be about 100,000 brains.

Olix

Reaction score
Wasn't there a longstanding offer that for 500,000 brains you could buy a custom login/logout message (separate from the Reckoning one). I believe @AngelWV was saving up for this. If anyone has bought this on AoD already gj

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy and EggNog

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
A new rank has discussed but we have never went into too great of detail on our ideas. A new rank would be a very nice addition to the server, though there are probably a few things that need to be sorted out before we consider this heavily.

Aside from a new title name, what other features would entice people to save their brains up for this rank? What would it be called? How much would it cost? These are all things to be considered.
Bring back bukkitmeme, scrubs

Reaction score
Maybe you could unlock the option to make your own rank for yourself for 100,000 brains after you buy "The Reckoning" and you could change the colour of your custom rank for an extra 20,000 brains. (Or just to change the colour of any rank)

Last edited:

RyanDodd

Reaction score
The problem with picking out custom things is that names could be inappropriate and chat will be cluttered with many different titles and colors. I'm all for a new rank, but custom titles and login messages should be saved for special events such as map competitions.

• Agree
Reactions: Love
Reaction score
The problem with picking out custom things is that names could be inappropriate and chat will be cluttered with many different titles and colors. I'm all for a new rank, but custom titles and login messages should be saved for special events such as map competitions.
Yeah I guess people would just make a rank admin and make it red.

Reaction score
Perhaps make it so an op would have to approve it for it to take effect

I agree , If the name was inappropriate and staff didn't approve of it they could simply change it to something else and have the op approve it

RyanDodd

Reaction score
Honestly I'd prefer if we just kept the custom names to special events and stuff. A bunch of different length titles with different colors in chat can look cluttered, which is the opposite of the direction we want to go. It's a nice idea to pick your own rank title, but it isn't something that I support. I think that a rank above The Reckoning would do well with just some extra 'goodies' and a different login message.

• Agree
Reactions: SirComputer
Reaction score
Honestly I'd prefer if we just kept the custom names to special events and stuff. A bunch of different length titles with different colors in chat can look cluttered, which is the opposite of the direction we want to go. It's a nice idea to pick your own rank title, but it isn't something that I support. I think that a rank above The Reckoning would do well with just some extra 'goodies' and a different login message.
If It was a 100k rank coming after the reckoning not too
many people would be able to afford it so the chat shouldn't be too clustered up with different ranks.

RyanDodd

Reaction score
If It was a 100k rank coming after the reckoning not too
many people would be able to afford it so the chat shouldn't be too clustered up with different ranks.
Thing is, quite a few people have had Reckoning for a while and many of them have just been saving their brains up. Not to mention that more and more people will get it over time.

I don't want to have a rank and include custom titles and login messages just because not many people will have it at first. Few extra fun commands, sure. Just not custom titles.

• Agree
Reactions: Naoh

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Wasn't there a longstanding offer that for 500,000 brains you could buy a custom login/logout message (separate from the Reckoning one). I believe @AngelWV was saving up for this. If anyone has bought this on AoD already gj
I had 259k brains but gave them all away when I stopped playing AoD, was never interested in the ranks because they don't prove anything, yeah it's a fun title saying "I've acquired the brains to afford it", I see it more as showing off which Isn't my style, I just wanted a custom login message :p

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I actually talked about this with somebody awhile back and I have to agree. I don't think a new rank is the best ideas right now.

Instead what I would suggest is that we enable people who have the highest rank to "reset" and go through it again but with a custom title color OR name color (of course outside of staffing ones) I'm not meaning to bring rof into AoD but it's the best way I can suggest it really. In addition to this I think that "*"s next to the title could be a good idea.

What I mean is that we should try and do something like this
[*Veteran*] Dessern5:

It would give players some sense of purpose after getting the highest rank but there would also be unique touches in it as opposed to a whole new a set of ranks in which they can just hurry and get.

• Agree
Reactions: Jivvi