[Suggestion] Mob Stuff

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
AoE Skill during Mob
It would be similar to what Heroes has which had multiple AoE type skills to choose from. For the sake of simplicity, everyone would have the same AoE skill which kills mobs within a certain radius. It could probably be used five times within one game or maybe it can have a 1-minute cooldown.

Random Item Drops
Item Drops could range from 1 gold to 1 potion type. It would be a nice addition and would encourage players to run around instead of staying in one spot.

CTF Gun
Would it be possible to use the CTF Gun in Mobs? It would be neat, but instead of one-shot, it could require two or three shots to kill one mob. I think it would be fun to use instead of having to spam-click the sword all the time.

Psycho

Insufficient Data
Donor
Reaction score
No replies? Perfect!

Figured that I'd add to this since it's related, but doubt that anything will come out of it.

What if the Mob gamemode took part of TNT's Core protection aspect? TNT requires players to protect their own Team's Core from the opposing team, but this idea would make it so that there would be ONE core in the Mob gamemode that all players must protect from incoming mobs.
Where a certain amount of mobs that enter/attack the Core will eventually end the game even if there are players that are still alive.

This would add another element to the Mob gamemode where players currently slash and kill mobs until the last living player dies -- resulting in dead players having to wait. With a Core to protect, the Mob gamemode would end faster since having just one player protecting a Core may seem impossible with tons of mobs unless there were barricades that mobs would have to go through.

A problem with this idea is trying to figure out how to make mobs walk toward the Core when they spawn instead of heading toward a player.

• Informative
Reactions: Mastersten

Comp

AoD Dev and Admin!
Tech Lead
Community Admin
Admin
Developer
AoD Staff
Reaction score
Apologies for not replying to this, I thought I had
We recently had a staff meeting to discuss the suggestions for the server, so don't worry we have definitely considered adding these things.

So, for the original post,
  • We liked the idea of random potion drops, so this is definitely something we'll add, its just a case of balancing really
  • For CTF guns, although it could add to game play, we felt that it might be a bit confusing considering how it works in CTF, so we probably won't be adding this.
  • For AoE skills, although it could work, it'd be largely dependent on another plugin which would likely not integrate very well with AoD, and also could be a pain to update as we'd rely on it. So for now, we won't be doing this.

So onto the next post.
When mob was initially being designed, it was actually originally going to be a protection based team game, however the problem was getting the AI to work. AI is a lot more complex than most of the regular gameplay, and often changes a fair amount between updates. Although I think this would have worked better, I was really just unable to get it to work as well as I'd have liked. Also, maps aren't really designed for this at the moment so it'd likely be very difficult to change.

• Thank You
Reactions: Psycho