[Suggestion] Medicine

Reaction score
When in a fight with an opponent or two on a reasonably balanced map (kit-wise) you often survive with 1/2 a heart to 2 hearts which then means you have to hide in a corner for a while until you finally regenerate to full health. Even then you're often found and two-hit.
I think a cool way to help this would be a command /medicine which would give you a drinkable healing potion in exchange for 25 brains (price can be varied if though too cheap or too expensive). The command would be for both survivors and hunters (though preferably not juggernauts). You would only be able to use it 5 times (again, can be varied) per round so you couldn't fill your whole inventory with health potions and heal yourself at all times and you would also be able to upgrade /medicine so you could get 3-4 health II potions per round for 5,000-10,000 brains (that's the price of the upgrade, the potions would cost 30).
Another reason I'd like to see Medicine is that there would be that there would finally be another use for brains.

Infected_alien8_

Garry's Mod Admin
Mafia Host
Reaction score
Most maps have kits with heal potions, chests with heal potions, or brewing facilities. Maps that don't were made that way.
I like the idea of medicine but as Jivvi said, some maps are specifically designed to have health and some not, so medicine could break that idea. If it were to be added, maybe it could be a setting which mapmakers could either allow or disallow in the configuration file?
But nice idea, thanks! :D

• Agree
Reactions: chicken23456789

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I think auto-towers were removed for the sake of them being used on some maps where it may have not been intended (see Canopy). If a mapmaker wants to add potions they'll put them in themselves :p

Terre936

Reaction score
Would you seriously spend 4 kills worth on 2 hearts?
It's not like the situation happens all the time. It's not complicated to just kill someone, survive with 2-10 hearts and run away to where nobody sees you. If you think the person could bring you down to 2 hearts, get him by himself or go for someone that isn't with a group.

Danni122112

The Drunk
Donor
Contributor
Reaction score
I think auto-towers were removed for the sake of them being used on some maps where it may have not been intended (see Canopy). If a mapmaker wants to add potions they'll put them in themselves :p
They were removed due to the plugin crashing the server.

Them being used on maps we did not want them on, could simply be resolved by making enderchests no-place.