[Suggestion] Map reset after last player leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
I noticed today (and other days) when I joined AoD, that all the chests were looted and nobody was on. This annoys me very much and I think more people think the same cause this leaves nothing for other players that joined the game later.

My suggestion: Reset the map or the maprotation after a player leaves the server (or after a few minutes when a player leaves)

Sincerely Mastersten/Demonic_Mstrstn

Y

YouWould

Thank you for wanting to make AoD better! I really like it when people suggest things :)
I think this MIGHT be good modified, though I doubt it would work. The reason being if you join AoD and keep crashing and rejoining, the server would, quite honestly, lag out. This could also be abused by players leaving constantly because they don't like a map, for the purpose of resetting.

• Love
Reactions: Infected_alien8_
Y

YouWould

does it keep resetting the countdown timer until enough players are on to begin a game
Yes. The only things that've changed within the last month(s) are that we now have 3 maps to vote for before rounds, the voting looks better, and if a map is played, it cannot be replayed for 10 rounds (I think it's 10).

Hunter

Mafia Host
Reaction score
/refresh for staff command to reset the chests in a map or whatever along with inventories of players
can only be used if the timer has reset itself >X times, where X=a number of your choosing

Y

YouWould

/refresh for staff command to reset the chests in a map or whatever along with inventories of players
can only be used if the timer has reset itself >X times, where X=a number of your choosing
so like
/map refresh 5?
if so, not too awful for a Vetop+ command

Catcocomics

Reaction score
It is annoying when you get on, first one on in a couple of hours, and you're forced to play a map that has been completely looted of anything useful and the map requires survivors to get better gear in order to survive.

It's not so much bad map design as it is, we just want the chests reset when the player count reaches zero, effectively resetting the map as though it had only just started without switching to a different map.
This also wouldn't be like having someone cause the map to reset just by logging off and getting back on, since that would be one person leaving and rejoining when a full party could still be in there.

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten
Y

YouWould

I actually think this would be a good thing now, weather in command form or as a plugin.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score

(you don't fucking know how long i've been sitting on this picture waiting for a chance to use it)

If you don't feel the need to go on when someone else is on then I don't know what to tell you, except it's your loss if you don't get the items you want. Plain and simple. Just my thoughts.

• Haha
Reactions: S_swimmer

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
-snap-

If you don't feel the need to go on when someone else is on then I don't know what to tell you, except it's your loss if you don't get the items you want. Plain and simple. Just my thoughts.
hi

AoD is not a constantly populated server, and it sits empty for a lot of the time I, and others, see it. (But that's crazy amirite everyone lives in America). The easiest way to kickstart the flow of players in and out of the server is by sitting in the empty server waiting for another bored friend to join you. The idle time here is often burned through mapping out the map and finding the prime strategy for the arena you're stuck in. Or you just want to hoard all the map gear and utterly floor the next person to come on. Either way, if you're left disappointed, the server is left empty again, and the players join on an empty map, with unbalanced gameplay to follow. This mightn't seem like much really, but the server operates in spikes jumping up from an otherwise flatlining player count; and these are started by aforementioned bored people moping around alone on the server for a bit, or groups of people who come on for a game. People aren't going to want to keep staking out on a server with nothing to do, and likewise groups aren't really going to enjoy a map that's already been had at. As a controller on the server, surely it's no wide expectancy that you'll at least respect the suggestion for its having being raised, rather than turning it down without even discussing the matter. You pretty much ignored Ltin outlining it for you also, so as they say, gg.

Love

Princess ♥
Donor
Reaction score
hi

AoD is not a constantly populated server, and it sits empty for a lot of the time I, and others, see it. (But that's crazy amirite everyone lives in America). The easiest way to kickstart the flow of players in and out of the server is by sitting in the empty server waiting for another bored friend to join you. The idle time here is often burned through mapping out the map and finding the prime strategy for the arena you're stuck in. Or you just want to hoard all the map gear and utterly floor the next person to come on. Either way, if you're left disappointed, the server is left empty again, and the players join on an empty map, with unbalanced gameplay to follow. This mightn't seem like much really, but the server operates in spikes jumping up from an otherwise flatlining player count; and these are started by aforementioned bored people moping around alone on the server for a bit, or groups of people who come on for a game. People aren't going to want to keep staking out on a server with nothing to do, and likewise groups aren't really going to enjoy a map that's already been had at. As a controller on the server, surely it's no wide expectancy that you'll at least respect the suggestion for its having being raised, rather than turning it down without even discussing the matter. You pretty much ignored Ltin outlining it for you also, so as they say, gg.
It's almost like we're already working on getting more players. Granted, the ideas we have aren't ready to go into effect just yet, but rest assured dear forum lurker, we're working on it.

You try going through a week of finals with little to no fucking sleep and be welcoming of a suggestion that would otherwise be useless without the fact that the server does indeed go under manual restarts, more often than not before anyone else would come online. And I must have missed Ltin saying anything worth my while, because I don't see anything except "Yeah I want this" in their responses and explaining to Jt.

Either way, I'm done on this subject. I have some well-deserved rest to catch up on.

xoxo.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
It's almost like we're already working on getting more players. Granted, the ideas we have aren't ready to go into effect just yet, but rest assured dear forum lurker, we're working on it.
New players won't be convinced to stay if they don't have an enjoyable experience when they first join. First impressions are important.

Status
Not open for further replies.