[Suggestion] Improved Achievements

Iggish

Reaction score
I think AoD needs more achievements to help player retention, also i think /achievements should be advertised more on the server to encourage people to work towards them.

Also, I think achievements should maybe be categorised into how hard they are and the difficulty of the achievement is represented in colour

For Example you have tiers of achievements:
Maybe each tier could have 2/3 achievements per gamemode. As you tier up, there would be harder achievements. The colour would correspond to the level and difficulty. I really think AoD needs some REALLY challenging achievements asking for 15 or more kills in zombie or killing 30+ in ctf etc. They could be like this:
Tnt: "Boom"- Kill 4 or more players in a round of TNT!
Tnt: "Healer"- Heal the core X amount of points!

Other: "Blame Game"- Blame tnm!

Zombie: "A hunting we will go!"- Kill one survivor in Zombie
Zombie: "It was them or me"- Kill a hunter in Zombie

Infection: "Survival"- Survive the round!
Infection: "Come here you!"- Tag a survivor!
Tnt: "Saboteur"- Damage the core for X amount of points!
Tnt: "Primed and ready!"- Get 4 kills using C4!

Zombie: "Survivalist"- Survive the round with atleast 2 kills!
Zombie: "Butcher"- Kill five players in a round!
Tnt: "Atomic"- Kill atleast 30 people in a round of Tnt
Tnt: "No Mercy"- Damage the Core for 300 points!
Zombie: "Grim Reaper"- Kill 20 hunters in a round of zombie!

It would be cool if the xp level you are on reflects how hard it was to get it.
If this was all implemented, chat would be nice and colourful with loads of customisation.
It could look something like this:

[17][No Mercy] jadkjawgj: Lol newbs!
[6][Saboteur] gawfadwfadwj112: gg
[3][Healer] jawgdw: gg!
[25][Grim Reaper] awhgaw: I think ghawdg hacks...
[1][Grim Reaper] ghawdg: Nuh-uh!
[15][Moderator][Blame Game] awvwafhw: Ghawdg, this is your last warning...

There could be a coloured rank range:
1-4: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
5-9: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
10-14: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
15-19:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
20-24: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
25-29:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
30:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
One thing that Rof and Create have over AoD is a sense of permanence , on RoF, your gear carries over to the next round and there is the option of buying plots. On Create, you can build whatever you like (within reason) and it will stay like that. HOWEVER, as AoD is a PvP gamemode, you lose the gear you got in rounds before and all your loot resets after the round is over. To combat this, AoD should be more customisable with ranks to work towards, achievements to unlock and perks to win.
p.s. maybe rewards for reaching certain ranks should be a thing? Reaching lvl 20 is no small feat and you get nothing, maybe you could get 200 tokens or something

In association with this, new achievements need to be added to the server to freshen things up!
One example would be killing a wither in mob... etc.

An improved achievement and rank system is one thing which could help player retention on the server plus who wouldn't like coloured chat? :p

Thanks for Reading: Iggy ;)