Declined [Suggestion] /ignore command

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Actually, I think this might be worth a revisit from Psycho and SirComputer and their fresh (and official) views on RoF. This was a much discussed topic about two years ago, and I found the post where I finally came to a conclusion, sort of.

http://escaperestart.com/forum/thre...able-to-ignore-staff.13268/page-2#post-319297

What I say in that thread is inconsistent with what actually occurred? I don't remember it at all very well. The command is on the server right now, but is disabled through aliases. There's no alias that allows the command, unless I'm completely forgetting it, so there's no secret command I don't believe, and reading my own post, I'm not sure how we came to the conclusion to disable the command entirely.

Dessern5 do you remember anything I don't?

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
It's me

I don't think this is necessary to be fair. If people are /ignoring each other, something must be wrong. If something is wrong, people should be telling staff. If they don't, it's only making it worse.

Is there a reason you'd actually want /ignore?

• Agree
Reactions: Friendy

Trap_Wolf

dam u str8 babygurl
Reaction score
Website
www.trapwolf.com
It's me

I don't think this is necessary to be fair. If people are /ignoring each other, something must be wrong. If something is wrong, people should be telling staff. If they don't, it's only making it worse.

Is there a reason you'd actually want /ignore?
Other than just common spam or a topic that I (or anyone else) doesn't particularly want to see at the moment, I could reiterate the question as, "Is there a reason you want to deny us the option of /ignore?" It is really a satisfactory way of someone wanting to deescalate a situation. I (or someone else) don't feel like reading the content someone is saying at one time and would rather not have to read it. Depending the topic can depend on the moderator on whether they want to agree with me (or someone else) that they have reason to do something against the "offender" (quotes for arbitrariness of it). Maybe the topic's innocuous to a majority of people, but for me (or someone else) it's not something I (or someone else) want to be reading right now and would rather have the option of just /ignore as a fix.

Again, your reasoning and my reasoning doesn't have entrenchment over one another. It seems odd that a feature that's specifically meant to allow a player the option to deescalate a situation without having to involve a third party, that may or may not be partial to whatever the situation is at hand, be removed without reason (other than people ignoring moderators which is their own fault and shouldn't involve punishing other players). I could easily state a myriad of topics that are ambiguous at face value (one is me just wanting to ignore a player's passive-aggressiveness that really, really doesn't need the involvement of a moderator nor does it really warrant one since perception of passive-aggressiveness is subjective [but thanks for asking me to put it out there((like maybe I don't feel like reading about someone's girlfriend/boyfriend troubles should I really tell a moderator to stop and what exactly warrants me or the moderator to tell someone to stop talking about their boyfriend/girlfriend troubles??]), but now it is the integrity of the option being available that's now the focus.

• Agree
Reactions: JtTorso and Hunter

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score