[Suggestion] - Gametype: Hitlist

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: A variant on the FFA gametype named 'Hitlist.'
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea: It is a fun little idea I thought up while playing, and decided to target 3 players in general. I had to take them down in order, and had to do so in that 10 minute game. What I was thinking was, "Hey! This could make for a pretty fun gametype!" So here it is:
- The rounds are to be played when there are more than 3 people on the server.
- Each player is randomly assigned 3 players (could change, meh) that they must take down. IN ORDER. #1, to #2, to #3.
- Killing any other player will not be added to your score, KD, or anything - it will not mean anything, just slowing another player down.
- The player that first clears their hitlist will win the game, given they do so in the given roundtime. If nobody is able to do this, there will be a global tie.
- Specifics can be worked out if the interest is there, but that is the general idea of it.
Why should it be implemented into the server: Just something fun I thought up of and thought I'd share. I know certain ideas that have been randomly thought of have been seriously considered, so if people dig this and destroyer has a bit of extra time, it could happen and create a unique gametype! Though I'm not expecting it to be added, it would be quite nice ;)

Thanks!

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I like this. However, I got some questions.

Do you still get points for killing? [I'd hope so]
What about second/third place? Probabily some people share the same amount of target kills.
Lets say target #1 is me, target #2 is Ooglie and targed #3 is jack. And you killed me and now have to kill Ooglie. Do you start at #1 again if you kill any of the other targets? In this case me and jack. This might make it more of a challenge, because you'd have to be carefull who you kill.

Anyways, I like it!

superstein

Ex-Admin
Contributor
Reaction score
I like this. However, I got some questions.

Do you still get points for killing? [I'd hope so]
What about second/third place? Probabily some people share the same amount of target kills.
Lets say target #1 is me, target #2 is Ooglie and targed #3 is jack. And you killed me and now have to kill Ooglie. Do you start at #1 again if you kill any of the other targets? In this case me and jack. This might make it more of a challenge, because you'd have to be carefull who you kill.

Anyways, I like it!
Yeah, probably none for kills you shouldn't be getting and about 50 or so for kills you do get!

As for the counter to reset with those kills... I thought about it but I really wasn't sure. It would make it terribly slow and one person who ran to every TNT they saw could ruin the gametype, and running makes for an efficient way to slow things down.

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
Yeah this is in Assassins creed 3 where they make you target a person till one of you this could be a fun mode with 35 points for each target kill. I dont like the idea that if no one wins its a global tie it should be the closest people get a tie like if 3 people were on the last target they get the tie points