Suggestion: Exp

mariosatr

Imperator Romanus Sacer
Reaction score
ohmygod this gave me an Idea

I like what thong was saying about having two different categories for this. My suggestion though is that you can choose what "path" to follow. So say somebody liked being a zombie more than human and would want to follow that they could use this.

Player X used /choose zombie
Are you sure you want to choose the zombie path? This is irreversible. Type /yes or /no
Player X used /yes
You have now chosen to follow the path of zombies! May many humans fall in your way!

So say Player X wanted that, they will now come with a specific set of titles special for Zombie path people.

The same can be done for humans say this;

Player Y used /choose Human
Are you sure you want to choose the Human path? This is irreversible. Type /yes or /no
Player Y used /yes
You have now chosen to follow the path of Humans! May your feet carry you quickly away!

Great idea though!
What about instead of gaining Xp only through Zombie/Human, they just get more Xp (like 50% more) from playing that role? That would make it so playing the opposite role in a game wouldn't be redundant :p

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
I like the idea, very nice. :)
But now, since everyone has given positive feed backs, and all that, and I'm not saying I don't like the idea, I'm trying to look at it from another perspective.
Now, we have the bloodbath competition going, and players can win titles there. That saying, if someone wins the bloodbath, and gets a title from this, what would happen? Would they loose their custom title and be sad? Would you get a second title? Would they keep their custom title, and have the ability to change it to their title received from the Exp (which kind of relates back to a store)?
And also, some other suggestions that can help develop it :)
I actually feel like this is turning into the "challenges" suggestion badcop made not that long ago. In order to earn Exp, the players would also have to complete the challenges. I also like the idea of hte different zombie and human title suggestion idea thing :p.
Anyways, the challenges could increase in difficulty as the player progresses.
Example: 1.Earn 10 kills in less than 3 rounds
2. Get 5 kills in the last minute
3.Get 6 kills in one round
These are just some random challenges I"m thinking of. If we were to make a real challenge list, I'd say add 5 challenges to complete to get the rank. Which actually might not even need the Exp, and that way it would be focused on the challenges. OR you could have a whole list of challenges, and each one would be worth a certain amount of Exp. This way actually makes more sense, because then it still involves the Exp thing. (Just thinking outloud here ;))

• Agree
Reactions: AwYeshLastOne

Chillingworth

Ex-Zombie VetOp | Ex-AoD Op
Reaction score
xXxFruitNinjaxXx I'd imagine they'd do away with the BloodBath competition or give participants different prizes (like custom title colors) if this were to happen.

Also, another idea I had; instead of making every title a different color, I think we should stick with the same one for each level, like teal. Eventually, when you get to the final level, the title could turn a specific, special color like yellow or something. We couldn't do a different color for every level because 1.) Most have specific rank-tie ins, 2.) We wouldn't have enough options and it'd be confusing to see them overlap.

D

DarkHender

PINK FOR HUMANS, YES.
what about grey for zombies? or something. Black looks horrid as colors because it's hard to read.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
I was thinking more Silver for humans Maroon for zombies. It would match the operators colors, which I always thought stood out over the white and red, like it should. Also, would Operators be participating? I'm assuming so because it would probably be a /whois thing.
Also, maybe it would be vise versa, Maroon for humans Silver for zombies, so it stands out more, and if they are trying for a certain type, whether it be human or zombie, they'd most likely be as that, so it would deffinatly stand out, because I hate when it's the same color, but I don't like it either when they're very bright and standing out, maybe when you reach level 50, yes, it should stand out, so something like Aqua and Pink.

D

DarkHender

I was thinking more Silver for humans Maroon for zombies. It would match the operators colors, which I always thought stood out over the white and red, like it should. Also, would Operators be participating? I'm assuming so because it would probably be a /whois thing.
Also, maybe it would be vise versa, Maroon for humans Silver for zombies, so it stands out more, and if they are trying for a certain type, whether it be human or zombie, they'd most likely be as that, so it would deffinatly stand out, because I hate when it's the same color, but I don't like it either when they're very bright and standing out, maybe when you reach level 50, yes, it should stand out, so something like Aqua and Pink.
Why would we do op colors? That'd confuse people (me for sure!).

D

DarkHender

Eh, we don't have to please everyone. Just enough for the lovely directors to like.
:p

L

Later_Gator

This is interesting and everything, but this has the same problem as karma: there's no purpose. It's not as if a player can gain any abilities or anything. Sure, players can get new, fancy titles and name colors to display their achievements, but the fact is players want to be able to customize their own titles and names; they won't see incentive in leveling up just to be given default titles and name colors. This suggestion is just a fancier remake of /board and karma, if you think about it.

Now, before everyone winces, panicks, cries, screams, throws chairs, or flips tables, I'm going to suggest that a store be tied in with the leveling system. (OH MY GOSH HE SAID "STORE"!) The store does not have to be completely similar to that of the other zombie servers. We can get creative with what the store could offer, but, frankly, a title and name color would have to be a part of that store, because, as I said before, players enjoy having the option to customize.

Perhaps the store sells something that you need to be level 10 to buy. Say that something is a title or whatever. (This is just an example.) A player then has added incentive to level up and is rewarded for doing so. Separated, a store and leveling system aren't special. Intertwined, a store and leveling system would actually create something enjoyably unique that sets us apart from the other zombie servers.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
If you really think about it Later, this is kind of like the AoD ranking systems, getting titles as you go along. Except, for this, you earn the rank when you're that level, instead of having to buy it.
EDIT: And also for the colors, yeah, the op colors may confuse some (especially darky <3) and I really wouldn't care what the colors were to be honest. I just want something that won't confuse people, and won't blind people, and is appealing. So maybe something like pink for humans, that darky and dess suggested, aaand, perhaps gray like darky suggested ;) for zombies, those probably are our best options. And maybe when you reach level 50, you get to choose? It will stay the same, but then perhaps you can ask for it to be changed, but once it is, you can't switch it back repeatedly?
I also love how much we're talking about this, really is a great suggestion :D

Reactions: 1 person

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
and of course a suggestion like this pops up when I leave zombies :_: I think its a damn good idea! People like to see themselves distinguished in some way, you would be surprised at the number of people who work hard to get that rank they always dreamed of, I mean seriously, we see it on all the other servers so why is zombies the only one lacking a title system? I'd love to see it implemented and it would be interesting to see who would get the top rank first ;)

D

DarkHender

ohmygod this gave me an Idea

I like what thong was saying about having two different categories for this. My suggestion though is that you can choose what "path" to follow. So say somebody liked being a zombie more than human and would want to follow that they could use this.
I really like this RPG idea people are bringing in here. It'd be something nice and I'm sure a lot of people would be attracted to.
When someone "switched" sides there could be a message that said
PLAYER1 HAS SWITCHED TO THE EVIL SIDE, MAY YOU BRING HAVOC TO US ALL.
And like
PLAYER2 HAS SWITCHED BECAME GOOD! MAY YOU SAFE US ALL

Or something like that, I'm terrible at the "player1/player2" crap.
BUT, I liked the idea of it c:

Ansoro2112

Hottie
Reaction score
This isn't some thread to go around spreading pictorial evidence and overall giving a drall about how disrespectful other players can be while you sit on this thread, and a compare and contrast to other servers making yourself look like an ass.

DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD'S ORIGINAL TOPIC WHICH IS A GOOD IDEA. DO NOT PUBLICLY SPEW YOUR EGOTISTICAL HATE.
Gosh Trap. Calm down :_:

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
http://blocktopia.net/forum/threads/challenges.10176/
This is the thread that le_badcop had posted. This is basically what I had reffered to as a way to get Experience. When he says "If we had a store, people could earn currency." Not exactly what he said, but basically it. If that "currency" was the Experience, we could do it without having the store. Also, WinX64 stated that he would add it to the next update, but I have no clue when that update is coming.

Reactions: 1 person

soapless

Reaction score
On the idea of Experience and gaining levels. I think that this system would be a fantastic addition to our server. This would certainly keep me busy whenever I log on. Although I think that we'd have to tweak the experience gain experimentally. 20 per kill and 50 per survive seems a little off to me. Also would we show our levels in chat like:

Soapless2[22]:Hiya

or would it be in /whois exclusively. Also, the idea of experience paths doesn't seem like it would work too well. If I wanted to go down the zombie path I would just die early on purpose to get more experience.

~Anything not contributing to the actual topic is removed.

I'm not O.K with this - Soap

- You don't have to be. Head Staff will moderate as they see fit. If you have a complaint, contact an admin. Don't be passive agressive. -Dead.

Fruit

Brrraaaaaiiiinnnnsss
Reaction score
Although I think that we'd have to tweak the experience gain experimentally. 20 per kill and 50 per survive seems a little off to me.
For this, maybe 25 per kill, and 75 per survive? Or, if you don't want the experience being that high, I'd say keep it a 1/3 ratio.

And, from what I understand, we seem to have 2 ideas forming. One with challenges to get Experience, and one just based off of kills and survives. Both are very good ideas, but we should decide on which direction we want to work towards. I'd say it's Mevgin who should decide, since it's his suggestion, or maybe the directors, since they're really the final decision makers ;)

Worstever

Reaction score
My two cents: So we are rewarding people based on their performance as a human/zombie in order to "level up". I don't know too much about how the karma system works, but it seems like it would work well for this purpose. If we could just somehow rework the karma system so it was balanced for humans and zombie, and then make karma useable, that seems easier to me than implementing a whole new system of experience.

Reactions: Txboy1234

omgitsathong

PinWheels
Reaction score
My two cents: So we are rewarding people based on their performance as a human/zombie in order to "level up". I don't know too much about how the karma system works, but it seems like it would work well for this purpose. If we could just somehow rework the karma system so it was balanced for humans and zombie, and then make karma useable, that seems easier to me than implementing a whole new system of experience.
Wooo, finally karma being useful in some way =P. But there's a problem if we did use karma as experience/currency. Many players already have a lot of karma built up. The question is, would we have another reset if this were to happen? It shouldn't be too hard (hopefully) to implement a separate experience system since using karma would involve other complications like this.

Reactions: Txboy1234

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I don't quite want to see Karma used as the experience points because it shows how good you are as specifically zombie and human. The paths/titles should follow something different that you want to focus on. I for one would still want to see my human to zombie ratio.

• Agree
Reactions: omgitsathong