[Suggestion] Ender Pearls

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: Ender Pearls
What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea:
Really for multiple reasons, most I haven't even thought about, some of the reasons being: Getting out of tight situations, getting on top of something you normally would not be able to get on, and capturing the flag faster. I don't think this would be OP because they only go 30 blocks at max when thrown and they would have a high price per one such as 6-10.
Why should it be implemented into the server: Ender Pearls would be very helpful in capturing a flag and getting out of tight spots, also getting to a spot somewhere faster than you normally would to do something like defending the flag, taking the Hill in KOTH, and many other situations I haven't thought about.

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
I do think this will be OP[in CTF] as it will just be impossible to kill a flagkeeper if that person just keeps endering away from you till he is at the flag himself. If they do get added they should make you unable to ender during CTF maps.
Because I would also find it OP and unfair if the flagkeeper kills someone, and that person gets back in an instant by endering and will keep attacking the flagkeeper.

But on normal rounds to escape or to get close to someone sounds like a fun and nice idea.

And 6-10 points sounds reasonable to me.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I do think this will be OP[in CTF] as it will just be impossible to kill a flagkeeper if that person just keeps endering away from you till he is at the flag himself. If they do get added they should make you unable to ender during CTF maps.
Because I would also find it OP and unfair if the flagkeeper kills someone, and that person gets back in an instant by endering and will keep attacking the flagkeeper.

But on normal rounds to escape or to get close to someone sounds like a fun and nice idea.

And 6-10 points sounds reasonable to me.
Yea, endering while you have the flag does seem OP. Maybe Ender Pearls would be disabled in CFT maps altogether. Or just when someone hits the flag to take it.

6-10? Uhhh, thats is waay too cheap
I think they should cost something like 60-100.
I agree that they should be more points, maybe 10-20. But 60-100 points for one ender pearl? That's a bit overpriced.

• Agree
Reactions: Forest_Knight

SparklyMuffinz

H2H: Here to Help
Reaction score
Baaasically what's been said:

Ender pearls used to be purchasable from the store during testing but then we discovered something just as good: grenades. It saddens me that not many people use that extra ability grenades give which does all the things you mentioned!
zezmi said:
Getting out of tight situations, getting on top of something you normally would not be able to get on, and capturing the flag faster.
So nice idea but nope! They have been replaced with grenades.

• Thank You
Reactions: zezmi and Notme

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
Besides what's been said above I think ended pearls are too basic. The fun in TNT is it's unique combat/ game play mechanics these have constantly added fun and strategy to the server. I mean imagine TNT wars with vanilla combat instead :( the entire game goes down quickly from there. It'd be much more unique/fun if the mechanism were changed and renamed. I'd much rather see the earlier hook shot suggestion.

• Love
Reactions: JKangaroo

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
Besides what's been said above I think ended pearls are too basic. The fun in TNT is it's unique combat/ game play mechanics these have constantly added fun and strategy to the server. I mean imagine TNT wars with vanilla combat instead :( the entire game goes down quickly from there. It'd be much more unique/fun if the mechanism were changed and renamed. I'd much rather see the earlier hook shot suggestion.
This topic requires no more discussion, Sparkly has already said no.

• Disagree
Reactions: JKangaroo