[suggestion] easy warnings/mutes/bans

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Hi, I made this idea to make the work of an AoD staff member more easy

So while I was playing AoD I figured out that sometimes staff members made unnecessary mistakes with warnings/Mutes bans (spellings mistakes etc) so I thought of this system (if it is possible to accomplish in plugins or codes)
First all the rules are filled in with numbers EG:
1. Hacking is strictly prohibited
2. (...)
3. (...)

Then when a staff member wants to warn a player he simply types in /warn [name] [rule number]
EG:
A player is Hacking
/Warn Demonic_Mstrstn 1
Boom
You're done.
No unnecessary typings, and if you still want to type a specific message you only need to type the text instead of the rulenumber.
I hope you liked my idea
(If it's possible to code)

Reactions: chicken23456789
Y

YouWould

I think a /ewarn command that edits a warning would be better, just incase we're warning for a reason not in the rulebook (Happens occasionally). It would still fix problems like warns for "Tamkilling"

• Agree
Reactions: Mastersten

JtTorso

Reaction score
I believe we had a similar system at one point back in classic, you could do rule specific warns, or type out whatever you wanted, it was a delight but wasn't exactly necessary, far more of a luxury, if a staff member messed up a ban or a warn those things are reversible and fixable and mutes are never permanent, worst case scenario you ban the wrong person, unban, damage undone, or you ban someone for the wrong reason, we have IRC that records logs so you can make note of that when or if that person appeals.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cstar