Trial [Suggestion] Earning Cookies for surviving Rounds

• Thread starter Deleted member 4601
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4601

So from what I know, the only way to get cookies is through the sell shop, so no matter if you're player or grandmaster, you get 1 token per round, and nothing else. Well, let's just say that that basically removed all motivation to rank up, since the only incentives are more shop items to buy (which isn't particularly attractive besides the enderchest in the Crafter's workshop) and a new colour for your name.

The solution would be to introduce per round cookies again - not as much as what we had before, but a reasonable amount as an incentive, increasing perhaps proportionally with ranks. Thanks a lot =D

• Optimistic
  • Agree
Reactions: Hunter and Iggish

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
We've discussed this internally and already have ideas to improve cookie earnings. I disagree with your "removed all motivation to rank up"-- you still unlock new shops with cool items, which was one of the biggest advantages of ranking up. You also still get access to an enderchest and enchantment tables as you rank up. In a way, you DO get more cookies as you rank up-- Because once you're master or above, you're able to buy a diamond pickaxe and use that to mine shit miner, thus earning you more cookies. Fortune III/Looting definitely hels too with improving your cookie gain.

However, I do believe people should get cookies for playing Classic rounds. I was personally thinking of the following earnings, especially because players are unable to really earn cookies at all in Classic. What do you think about that?

Ogarci

Controller
Controller
Survival Staff
Reaction score
I couldve sworn we discussed this behind the scenes a bit ago.

I disagree that nerfing cookie earnings removes incentive to rank up. Besides the name/bragging rights etc, it's exactly the same as it was before. You get access to new shops.

No, you don't earn superfluous amounts of cookies to spend in the shops anymore, but it's easy to replicate that if we double down on shops in higher ranks. Just an example, but we can sell stone bricks for idk .5 cookies to crafter, but for .01 cookies to masters. The fact is that there seems to be an assumption that we've only made the changes you've seen thus far and that apprentice+ is exactly the same as it was before. It doesn't require a wipe and a hyped update to change what we sell and how we sell things in the shops.

• Agree
Reactions: Velzerat