Donor's lounge?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Sup
Reaction score
So I had an idea for having a place for donors to hang out and talk, but only donors may have access to this (of course). I'm not a donor yet, but I thought I'd share this idea cause it seemed like the donors should get at least a bit more for what they give. Cause it takes (literally) a lot to give as much as they are for the server. I don't have any pros or cons with this idea yet, but if you guys have any, feel free to share them.

Last edited:

Mastersten

In Omnia Paratus
Reaction score
Not sure but if I'm correct, this is something the admins don't want to happen. (Correct me if I'm wrong) They don't want to give the donator's an unfair advantage compared other players only because they paid a certain amount of money to the server.

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
For some reason I don't really see how this won't be used for non-meme content/spam, which can go in forums we already have (mostly). Also, I think we should keep it aesthetic for donors, as no pay-2-win has been a principle of our community for years now.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Y

YouWould

I'm actually not sure I like any incentives for donors, to be honest - it makes donations less about the server and more about the little trinkets. But as long as its purely asthetic, I'm sure its fine. Having the Donor forum would seem, for lack of a better word, greedy.

paceboys

Reaction score
these donorforums always tend to be shitholes and/or contain no actual content-- best example being /r/lounge
hey hey hey I'm in r/megaloungeruby and it's actually good content, tons of free things given out, real discussions between a good group of people. r/lounge is full of mere plebs who just happened to be gilded, that's not really a fair example.

myusername22

A username.
Donor
Reaction score
Website
escaperestart.com
I don't see much point in this suggestion. besides the things already said I don't really like the idea of splitting our forums where it isn't necessary. We aren't a large community so it'd not only be a potential dividing point in our forums, but it would easily be inactive and very unused as well since nobody would really be sure what the purpose was for.

Fiestaguy

The man with 8 fingers.
Reaction score
Website
thebes.openshells.net
Why not just create something similiar to the 1000 posts club or numberless usernames club and just have a public thread, state a condition that half of the community doesn't fullfill and then complain when those who do not reach said condition start posting in the thread anyway?

Undefined User 7

Psychosomatic
Reaction score
I think this introduces an unnecessary separation between donors and non-donors, and it could just lead to some silly sense of elitism that wouldn't be helpful to the community. We've always been against incentivizing donations, and I feel this is because people should want to give because they enjoy the community, not for any special perks that come from donating in itself. Of course, that's just my opinion, but I wanted to weigh in.

Status
Not open for further replies.