[Suggestion] Currency re-name. Currency formation.

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
As most of are familiar with why AoD came about was presumably the shutdown of 'classic zombies'.

With that shutdown and move onto premium, AoD was then born from the concept of classics 'tag' but instead became a survival PvP server.
Tweaks here and there; not keeping your inv between rounds, the lightning change effect, tracking players and so on. The server has really come to set itself apart from what the Zombie was (is).

Keeping to the theme that this was Zombie's replacement the currency was then named Brains.
Now I feel as though with the revival of a Zombie server into the premium era that the reward for killing another player in AoD should give another currency rather than 'Brains' to solidify this depart.
As the theme dictates that is in an Army of Darkness, why not name the currency Souls. As this would tie directly to the act of killing.

Rather if you want to be more literal and correct how more than one brain can be awarded (after all a human killed would only have one brain) you can then even say a player is rewarded with Darkness.

Now onto the second part! This could make matches much more exciting and risk vs. reward.
Turning currency into a physical item that can be converted via command or as the round ends.

As has been seen on RoF the 'Super cookie' isnow a physical item that will have future applications. Apply this to the currency that is rewarded to a player after a kill.

This could turn the currency system into two fold operation, allowing those with the physical item at the end of the round to receive their currency bonus and associate a reward per number of kills. The kill reward being significantly less than having the physical currency.

Turning the game into a risk vs. reward PvP, making players have to think more tactically instead of run and rampage. As even a strong human player could amass a fair amount of currency just by surviving while killing and not simply playing hide and seek.

However that leaves the system of how the physical item moves after death, the preferred method would be instant inv transfer as the item hitting the ground could lead to arguments about 'that was mine' and so on.

On the flip side the item hitting the ground can discourage a player from not being fully involved in the fight. After all the reward goes to the taker, not simply the killer.

Thank you for your time, thought and queries.

Ltin

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Im assuming what you mean is players get currency for killing others, as a physical item, which is dropped from the inventory when killed?

Im all for the idea of renaming the currency, but im not the greatest at pvp. Meaning for a player like me, I would lose credits for the few kills I do get very quickly. And now my contirbutions go to someone who didnt do them. Hunter die a lot, survivors usually die. Meaning currency will probably always end up in the hands of the few players who did really well, leading to and unbalanced disribution of points, credit, and probably a more frustrated, and eventually smaller, player base.

Just the opinion of a random player, thanks for your time, brains, and service to Ltin Corporation :)

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
@Ltin
The system would have two parts.

The first where a physical form, for the sake of this example lets call them Souls. These are the physical that are awarded one and only one per kill plus all those in the killed players inventory. Upon killing a player they will automagically be added to a killing players inventory. The idea of them dropping as I and you have said can lead to massive butthurt that is not needed.

The second part is the kill total part, where a player will be awarded Darkness at the end of the round based on the amount of kills.

Going back to the first part at the end of the round the system will total up the Souls a player has, then award appropriate Darkness plus any Darkness gained from kills.
Better example :
In this example lets say that there can be no more souls then the amount of players and soul count is equal to player count.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}PLAYERS{/td}
{td}KILLS{/td}
{td}DARKNESS FROM KILLS
3 PER KILL{/td}
{td}SOULS{/td}
{td}DARKNESS FROM SOULS
7 PER SOUL{/td}
{td}TOTAL DARKNESS EARNED{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}A{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}81{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}B{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}54{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}C{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}D{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}21{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}E{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
From this chart I've included the transistion rate as currently I'm uncertain the rates and special circumstances that revolve around Brain accumulation.
It also represents that the physical item will not topple the economy or effect it heavily(dependant on conversion rate), but rather add stategy and much needed tactics to who and when you strike.

The idea can be worked in the way EACH kill will offer a soul, or worked in the way that a Hunter will offer no soul, but that only a Human will offer one, thus entirely limiting the supply to x=souls and x-1= player total.

However there can be a system where kills are only a single point and the souls being much much higher.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
@Ltin
The system would have two parts.

The first where a physical form, for the sake of this example lets call them Souls. These are the physical that are awarded one and only one per kill plus all those in the killed players inventory. Upon killing a player they will automagically be added to a killing players inventory. The idea of them dropping as I and you have said can lead to massive butthurt that is not needed.

The second part is the kill total part, where a player will be awarded Darkness at the end of the round based on the amount of kills.

Going back to the first part at the end of the round the system will total up the Souls a player has, then award appropriate Darkness plus any Darkness gained from kills.
Better example :
In this example lets say that there can be no more souls then the amount of players and soul count is equal to player count.

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}PLAYERS{/td}
{td}KILLS{/td}
{td}DARKNESS FROM KILLS
3 PER KILL{/td}
{td}SOULS{/td}
{td}DARKNESS FROM SOULS
7 PER SOUL{/td}
{td}TOTAL DARKNESS EARNED{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}A{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}81{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}B{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}54{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}C{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}30{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}D{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}21{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}E{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
From this chart I've included the transistion rate as currently I'm uncertain the rates and special circumstances that revolve around Brain accumulation.

It also represents that the physical item will not topple the economy or effect it heavily(dependant on conversion rate), but rather add stategy and much needed tactics to who and when you strike.

The idea can be worked in the way EACH kill will offer a soul, or worked in the way that a Hunter will offer no soul, but that only a Human will offer one, thus entirely limiting the supply to x=souls and x-1= player total.

However there can be a system where kills are only a single point and the souls being much much higher.
That seems way too complicated. I think Brains are fine the way they are. A rename to Souls... maybe.

JtTorso

Reaction score
I think the more we can seperate Infection and AoD the better. Even down to the small stuff. To me it doesn't make sense for AoD to have brains as currency when it really doesn't have that much to do with zombies, especially now that we have a server that is about zombies. I think Darkness or Souls are far more fitting for AoD.

Samlen

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can see where you guys are going with renaming the currency, infection will probably have some sort of currency at some point and brains would make the most sense for that and having something like souls for AoD currency would make sense. I wouldn't go for darkness since this might only make sense one way, since the survivors are 'good' and hunters are 'evil'. You'd collect the 'darkness' from someone, and it doesn't make a wohle lot of sense that killing a survivor would give you darkness (unless we go off and make a seperate currency between killing survivors or hunters). As for the idea of physical currency, I don't that would really work well. It would only give that extra bit of bonus for the lucky hunter(s) (or survivor(s)) that happen to collect all/most of said currency by the end of the round. People die in AoD all the time, whether or not it's from bad luck, you get ganged up on, get outmatched, or from any other numerous annoyingness. The supercookie is denfinetly a good idea for RoF, where you can store said physical items in an ender chest, or not die for months on end. In Aod, your inventory flucuates constantly, sometimes as many as 5 or more times in one game. Have any sort of physical reward, no matter how insignificant, will cause problems with any of the new players, because they, like everyone else, will often loose something that they feel should be theirs, even if it ends up being almost nothing. This results in annoying the new players and keeping them away.

To sum it up: Renaming the currency would be ideal and adding physical currency would probably end badly.

Reactions: Infected_alien8_

Lee_scar

Geezuslike
Donor
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies, I had figured the idea of a physical currency would not bode entirely well. It was just a sub suggestion to give people an idea of a good hiarchy change that could be involved with the rename.

Thoough the rename suggest stands as the main point of the thread.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I can see where you're going with this; this is basically how bounty heads worked: killing a player will drop their colelcted heads, enabling you to claim any bounties. I think this would be a cool thing if you accumulated 'Souls' claimed by yourself and others, and could cash in at the end of the round.

RyanDodd

Ex - Army of Darkness Director
Reaction score
Interesting idea. I think the physical currency would need to be awarded after you did something beyond usual, such as killing several survivors within 10 seconds. Not bad though, and I can see quite a few ways the physical currency could be expanded into the possibility of a store.