[Suggestion] Creative sponges

kuilin

Masterful
Donor
Reaction score
I think it would be good to allow sponge placement in creative in exchange for cookies since the current deflooding mechanisms available to players only consist of (probably slightly glitch caboose) banners or just placing and breaking blocks.

It would be relatively difficult to implement though - having it just deduct 3.5 or 7 cookies per sponge placed would cause troubles if someone just spammed them unknowingly draining their account, and even rate limiting it to on per second would be suboptimal since that would cause issues because it isn't highly intuitive that placing them would deduct money. Another way is to deduct them from the survival inventory somehow, or keep a separate count of how many "classic sponges" they have purchased via /shop in classic or a command, or just have a command that places a sponge where you are standing - though it would have to be a short command.

Velzerat

Drink up baby, stay up all night
Donor
Reaction score
I suggested this a bit ago myself but it was unofficially denied. Most of the reasoning came down to "It's not needed". Here are some of the comments made by staff a while ago:

"Eh I see no point in this, it's dead easy to survive classic rounds as it is"

"Sponges aren't really needed in classic.. They have all the blocks they need to block off stuff."

"I don't mind. I mean, just in the rare instance that someone floods... shrug"

"Don't see a point."

Perhaps the idea could be revisited, but it seems like most people don't think it's needed. I also believe it would be difficult to implement and it might not be worth it to add.

• Informative
Reactions: kuilin