[Suggestion] Compass Tracker

Reaction score
Suggestion name: Compass tracker
Description: I've seen a plugin on some other servers where a compass points to the nearest player. I don't use /loc because on my laptop you can't see the co-ords and the chat at the same time. I also just amn't really bothered to open my co-ords and run around the map trying to get to the point that /loc said. So I thought that it would be a good idea to have /loc give you a compass pointing in the direction of the player you /loc-ed (the compass would still be like /loc with [+/- 75]). So if someone did /loc chicken23456789 they'd be given a compass with:
PlayerName: chicken23456789 Distance: (something) Accuracy: [+/- 75] instead of the name of the compass. The compass would point towards where I was when the player /loc-ed. it wouldn't update.
Why should we implement this: I really don't like using co-ordinates on minecraft. They're quite confusing and I always forget where I was going to and I always end up in the wrong place. I think this would just be all in all easier to use.
What are the possible issues with this suggestion:
1)
Survivors inventories might get clogged up with compass if they got a lot of kills on people who had /loc-ed.
2) ) It might cause a bit of lag.
Extra notes: Hunters would only be able to have one compass tracker at a time. If they
/loc-ed a new player it would replace the old compass.

Dess

The UmbreOp
Reaction score
I just learned from Mmarz that the compass points towards the spawn or wherever the team uses /mark. As I have never seen this in use I would all be in for what you suggested. I don't see how this would cause lag honestly though, I think it could be a good idea as long as there as some items that can be held to "scramble" the compass so that when it is within a say 20 block radius the compass stops working well.

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
I just learned from Mmarz that the compass points towards the spawn or wherever the team uses /mark. As I have never seen this in use I would all be in for what you suggested. I don't see how this would cause lag honestly though, I think it could be a good idea as long as there as some items that can be held to "scramble" the compass so that when it is within a say 20 block radius the compass stops working well.
Compasses/Clocks spin sporadically in the Nether and the End, so this could be used both as the scramble function, and as a way to make /loc impossible while maintaining relative smoothness of the interface. (I'm not sure I just like smooth sorts of things rather than "You can't do this"x) )

• Informative
Reactions: chicken23456789