Does this sound like funz?

• Total voters

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Name of your suggestion/idea: No idea

What is the purpose of your suggestion/idea:

Players can purchase a 'class'
This enables them to earn double points for one kind of weapon. Some weapons may have to be grouped, though. Classes could even have special names! :roflmao:

Some example might be:

Pyro/Pyromaniac: Double points for every fire/axtinguisher kill
Zealot: Double points for a kill with a knockback sword, or for kill related to the sword (voidkills/lavakills)
Sapper: Double points for every mine kill

They could even have a (somewhat expensive, possibly once per few rounds) superpower
More examples:

A Pyro could begin spouting firecharges everywhere (think Superspicy Curry)

A lightning class could have lightning strike in tons of different locations across the map

A Sapper could give themselves a nuke to place and detonate (destroying a great portion of the map in the process)

A Zealot could be given a 1-hit-kill sword for a short time, or merely become invulnerable (or partly) and their sword could become an instant kill weapon

Obtaining a class could be from amassing a large amount of points to purchase one, or unlocked in the store via achieving a certain number of kills with the relevant weapon. The superpowers could be activated once, for a decent sum of points, and require a large period of time to 'recharge' (I'm talking hours, not minutes, here :3)

Why should it be implemented into the server:

I reckon that this could really help develop each players weapon of choice, which is part of what makes TNT so much fun!
The mine-and-C4 guy and the FireBow/Axtinguisher guy versus the Lightning guy and the Grenade-Spammer!

The point bonus may have to vary, though, due to either easy availability of the weapon, or the weapon still not profiting, for example, grenades may need to have a higher point bonus due to it taking quite a few grenades to kill someone.

I reckon this could be a lot of fun, if the smart people refined this idea, so please take it into consideration!:laugh:

balloon98

The balloon that never pops
Reaction score
I was looking at this thread like OH HELL NO NOT IN MAH HOUSE but this isnt that bad of the suggestion although for the zealot I say dont make it an insta kill or invincibility since that is really overpowering compared to other special things that happen for the other classes and I feel the same about the nuke. Maybe have the sword do 2 hearts so the enemy can realize and run away and also maybe have the nuke instead be a bit smaller of an explosion then the nuke from Classic TNT.

Otherwise I like the pyro and lightning class just not sure how the pyro spitting fire would b coded unless its like you get a bit of fire charges and can throw them to do damage.

Excepted

Reaction score
To me, this sounds like a great idea. I particularly like it because unlike our other servers there won't be a 'Best' class as they will all have strong and weak points.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
I don't really like games with classes, having to chose a class and specialize in weapons doesn't sound fun to me, also that's not how TNT has been played and I don't think it should change. It's amazing the way it is.

• Agree
Reactions: hihihilolHI

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
Maybe, but these classes wouldn't be much, they'd allow players to benefit from the weapons they are good at; not for free, either. They have to first prove their worth with this weapon. It also allows an insanely enjoyable OP weapon, like a nuke or airstrike, which was part of what just made Classic TNT.
All this idea would change is that players who generally don't have that many points usually are finally able to get in on the action with the slightly more expensive weapons that they can usually afford. I know I was like this on Classic: I was a murderer with mortars, but half the time i couldn't afford any. I think that this, tweaked appropriately, will enhance the experience for everyone, most of all the people who don't always have as much fun because they can't afford the weapon they're good with.
Part of the reason that the gameplay is amazing to you is that you are quite good, and have many, many points to throw around, and make a profit from winnin g anyway, so your points tally goes up still. I know that it can be an awful lot of fun, having been teher myself, but I've 1v1'd _CaptainCake more that once, and he butchers me over and over, and it's no fun at all. Once again, with correct tweaking, this addition should help enchance the experience for everyone, while not changing the foundation of the gameplay a whole lot

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score
I actually really like this idea, I for one know I'd like the zealot class, maybe the super power is a bit op but at least having a damaging sword attack or something may be a good power. Also, maybe have the superpowers activate on a kill streak that way they have to earn it :]
But yes, please make this happen! xD

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
1-hit-kill sword
This will never be implemented on the server. Forget it.

ONCE again,

These are PLACE. HOLDERS. I honestly don't know how many times I have to say it. And that quote, that was just a joke, I mean, apart from me stating it right there in the post, wasn't it kind of obvious? I'm actually starting to get pretty annoyed that no one is actually any of this through properly. C'mon, how stupid is it to tl;dr it, and still have an opinion? These are suggestions, placeholders, vague brainstorming. Obviously a one-hit-kill sword won't be implemented, but it was the general gist of the idea that I hoped most of you would pick up. If your vocabulary consists of more that eight words, than surely this must be obvious. I'll try to play it smart this time:

OH LOOK! HERE!

TL;DR: Actually read the whole thing through before having an opinion

Thank you.

I'm confused here I thought we were playing TNT, not TF2? :confused:
See most of my other replies. I've already stated more times than I'd have liked that these won't do a huge amount, merely help players sustain themselves point-wise using their weapon of choice. The superpower is a vague idea that everyone is strongly opinionated on, seemingly without reading the whole thing through. None of this will really be much, just a helping hand to those who regularly get slaughtered.

zezmi

The noob himself
Reaction score
1-hit-kill sword

ONCE again,

These are PLACE. HOLDERS. I honestly don't know how many times I have to say it. And that quote, that was just a joke, I mean, apart from me stating it right there in the post, wasn't it kind of obvious? I'm actually starting to get pretty annoyed that no one is actually any of this through properly. C'mon, how stupid is it to tl;dr it, and still have an opinion? These are suggestions, placeholders, vague brainstorming. Obviously a one-hit-kill sword won't be implemented, but it was the general gist of the idea that I hoped most of you would pick up. If your vocabulary consists of more that eight words, than surely this must be obvious. I'll try to play it smart this time:

OH LOOK! HERE!

Thank you.
I do not want to annoy you, I read the whole post, I even read it twice.
Obviously a one-hit-kill sword won't be implemented,
Then why did you even put it in your post? I do not want to anger you, I was just pointing out why it will not make it's way onto the server.

If you would like to talk more about this please talk to me in IRC, TS or a PM.

Oak Milk

Kill Hungry Thirsty Dead
Mafia Host
Reaction score

ONCE again,

OH LOOK! HERE!

Thank you.
I do not want to annoy you, I read the whole post, I even read it twice.
Obviously a one-hit-kill sword won't be implemented,
Then why did you even put it in your post? I do not want to anger you, I was just pointing out why it will not make it's way onto the server.

If you would like to talk more about this please talk to me in IRC, TS or a PM.
How about a few ideas on how to replace it maybe?
So lets say: when a player hits a 5 kill streak thats when their super power activates.
We are looking at superpowers for each weapon
Sword: Additional Knockback and/or 2 hearts damage lasts 5 secs
Bow: Cool down time removed, spam them arrows, lasts 5 secs
TNT: Gives player larger tnt radius, lasts 5 secs
Mine: Gives Player 3 Large Mines, increased blast radius
Lightning: Gives one Air strike? Pummels an area with lightning for 3 secs
Grenades: Double damage and/or increased knockback lasts 5 secs
C4: Gives Player 3 Large C4, increased blast radius (Mines and C4 could be put in the same subsection?)
Axetinguisher: Upon reaching a kill streak all enemies within a certain block radius are set on fire.
Can't think of any I have missed, lets maybe work on these ideas shall we?

Jivvi

Mafia Host
Reaction score
How about a few ideas on how to replace it maybe?
So lets say: when a player hits a 5 kill streak thats when their super power activates.
We are looking at superpowers for each weapon
Sword: Additional Knockback and/or 2 hearts damage lasts 5 secs
Bow: Cool down time removed, spam them arrows, lasts 5 secs
TNT: Gives player larger tnt radius, lasts 5 secs
Mine: Gives Player 3 Large Mines, increased blast radius
Lightning: Gives one Air strike? Pummels an area with lightning for 3 secs
Grenades: Double damage and/or increased knockback lasts 5 secs
C4: Gives Player 3 Large C4, increased blast radius (Mines and C4 could be put in the same subsection?)
Axetinguisher: Upon reaching a kill streak all enemies within a certain block radius are set on fire.
Can't think of any I have missed, lets maybe work on these ideas shall we?
This is more the response I was chasing; one that will help everyone adapt this so that every has more fun on TNT! These ideas seem good, but a 5-hit killstreak is still op-player oriented. The angle I'm going for here is that everyone can work their way up to it, its just that those players on steroids, like Danni, get it a bit faster, but it doesn't allow them to cause more slaughter in the process. Also, I don't think that TNT should be able to be classed or upgraded etcetera, as everyone uses it, its free, and you don't really 'specialize' in using TNT.
I was think, for example, 600 kill with a mine enable the player to purchase the Sapper class for 2000 points. The Sapper class gains more points from mine kills, but no other advantage is given. A superpower may be obtained either through purchasing, more minekills or both. (This may need more speculating) This superpower enables the Sapper to transform one in every 25 blocks one or two blocks below the ground into mines. The Sapper cannot use any more mines until less than 10% of these mines remain, or 3 minutes have passed.
Another example might be: Upon reaching 400 kill with Lightning, a player can purchase the class Tempest for a price of 1500 points. Tempest can claim double points from any Lightning kills, but have no other advantage. (perhaps classes could have minor advantages relative to their specialization?) Upon reaching 5 Lightning kills in one round, a player can, at the sacrifice of 25 Lightning, perform their specialty superpower, Maelstrom. This cause lightning to rain down at random continuously, sustained for a short period of time. The Tempest also possesses unlimited Lightning use during this time, for more accurate kills.

Factors that need to be taken into consideration are
  • How many kill required to unlock a specific class in the store
  • The cost of each individual class
  • The point bonus per kill with the class's specialty weapon
  • Any other effects, for example, players set alight by a Pyro may burn for longer
  • The superpower: range, magnitude, power, variety (eg. special held weapon, blanket effect, a spread across the whole map, like the suggested Maelstrom superpower
  • How to access the superpower; number of kills with the class weapon, point cost, inventorial item cost
  • Indication of class in chat etc. ( for example, if Jivvi is a Pyro, Jivvi's name may be represented like this to show it: [Jivvi] or if zezmi is a Sapper, his name may be shown as [zezmi]
  • Whether the idea has evolved into something that will improve the playing experience for everyone, or just the skilled players
  • Ease of coding + lag