[Suggestion] Changes to the TNT gamemode

Nottykitten

Nomnomnom kitteh!
Reaction score
Everytime we play the TNT gamemode, I can't help but get annoyed by a few things that I think should be changed. So here I am suggesting these changes!

1) Change the way the TNT(block) works
In my opinion there is barely any skill involved in placing TNT right now. Place it and boom you'll do 3.5 hearts of damage to someone 7 blocks away from the tnt. This is ridiculously much. You don't even have to get close when someone is capping the point just place it 8 blocks away from them and after 3-4 explosions they'll be dead. The fact you can even be killed by a tnt thats 10 blocks away is stupid in my opinion. Even if it does like 1 or 2 hearts of damage, why should you be killed by a TNT thats so far away?

I think it should work like how it worked in Premium TNT. A small radius of 2 blocks that kills you when you're in it, and if not does 0 damage.

2) Remove the Rocket Launcher
Yeah that bow that shoots arrows that explode, it's really annoying that someone can just spam them from a distance and you cant really do much about it. Unless ofcourse you want me to buy all those arrows too and shoot back. But this is TNT right? Not BowFight.

3) Allow us to fight at the enemies core
I mean do you just expect us to stand there while enemies place TNT there? It's really annoying that you can't place tnt, since you can't defend yourself nor attempt to take over a core if people are there because you cant place tnt down. The only real way to take it right now is spamming the rocket launcher which like I said is a pretty bad weapon. You also cant use grenades/flashbangs when you stand near the enemy core.

Thanks for reading, I hope you consider this =D.

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
There's a map where you can be killed from the floor below you, I'm unsure if that was intentional but it's incredibly annoying if you wish to protect your core. That map is also easy to be killed by running up the stairs and being blown up as soon as you reach the main hallways, I've managed to collect a large amount of kills just by placing tnt a few blocks away from an enemy who is running up the stairs. I think that map is CompMap but again, I am not sure. I think I was killing nottycat, woops.

And the map colossal (I think it is colossal) is quite boring in my opinion, others may find it fun but it's the same old CTF map that it used to be. There is absolutely no way to protect your core in an effective way other than to place mines and spam the rocket launcher at enemies. Again, the map may be fun to a lot of people but to me the map is incredibly repetitive and easy to win if you have a good team. It's basically, get killed, spawn back at your base, go down and protect your core for no more than a few minutes and then die again.

This opinion is just coming from my experiences with these maps. TNT is really fun if a good map is chosen and your team actually cares about winning.
-Jen

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nottykitten

SirComputer

Rainmaker
Donor
Reaction score
Something I'd also say is that I think it'd be better that if both teams are on the same core (say red's defending its core whilst blue attacks it, and they're both standing on it), nothing happens to it - surely the healing effect and the damaging effect would cancel each other out? It seems a bit weird otherwise.

• Agree
Reactions: Nottykitten

sessybessy

aka Jenben101
Creative Staff
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Something I'd also say is that I think it'd be better that if both teams are on the same core (say red's defending its core whilst blue attacks it, and they're both standing on it), nothing happens to it - surely the healing effect and the damaging effect would cancel each other out? It seems a bit weird otherwise.
Yeah that does seem like a good idea, but what would happen instead of absolutely nothing? Would a timer take place where if the healing and damaging effects are cancelling each other and it's been like that for lets say 10 seconds, would it trigger an event such as an airstrike to stop mega camping wars happening and allow the game to continue as normal or would you just have to hope that players can wipe out the enemy team before the round ends?

Friendy

SMP Overlord & Events Manager
Admin
Donor
Survival Staff
Reaction score
Almost everything that has been mentioned here has been picked up on already and fixes are underway, however as far as we know TNT will always damage through blocks.

Thanks for your patience!